Sign in to follow this  
antoineflemming

Consistent crashing with mods since patch 1.60

I am having pretty consistent crashes when using mods since updating to patch 1.60. I have the .RPT file, but am not sure what is the cause of the problem. Could someone take a look at it who understands what the RPT file is saying? And, just to note, the message is just that ArmA 2 REINFORCEMENTS has stopped responding and must be closed. By the way, I don not have Reinforcements, only Combined Operations (ArmA2 + OA).

Here is my RPT file: http://www.mediafire.com/?c4b28fc5r5o9rhl

its happening for me to. But i think its a problem with the patch itself. because when useing mods it dose it alot in single player aswell.

Yeah, well I'm also getting some config.bin and some CfgWeapons error as well that's getting me kicked from all servers. All of this started after the patch.

Same thing here with the crashes and cfg errors, I don't know what is causing this. I don't have reinforcements either. :confused:

i see you have some of mods loaded but no -mod= line

can You disable them in the ingame Expansion userinterface ?

what i mean does the game crash w/o any mod used?

i am not using any mods and i get the same problem i just reinstalled the game 3 times and installed the patch is there a fix?????

Do you have Steam? If so, the issue is the languagemission_baf.pbo file. It's corrupt. So you have to delete it and re-verify the files for Steam to download the correct the issue. This should work if you're running the Steam version. I saw the solution on another thread. This fixed the crashing and the MP kicks.

Can confirm too with 1.60.Same error that A2 Reinforcements has crashed even though I have only A2CO+PMC dlc.

After 10-20 mins it will always ctd.

Here's how to report crashes in a usable form so they can be analyzed and fixed: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-crash

Here you can download the latest beta patches with fixes, especially also crash fixes; http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

I am having pretty consistent crashes when using mods since updating to patch 1.60. I have the .RPT file, but am not sure what is the cause of the problem. Could someone take a look at it who understands what the RPT file is saying? And, just to note, the message is just that ArmA 2 REINFORCEMENTS has stopped responding and must be closed. By the way, I don not have Reinforcements, only Combined Operations (ArmA2 + OA).

Here is my RPT file: http://www.mediafire.com/?c4b28fc5r5o9rhl

1. Remove all custom addons from official game folders like addons, dta, common, expansion/addons, expansion/dta
  2. Temporary remove @Pistolfied_Tracers
  3. When all works again, enable mods 1 by 1, by using MODFOLDERS. Do not contaminate original game folders.

I got that error too...starting with 1.60 RC2. Think I've found that the overlay that now comes with teamspeak is the culprit. I turned it off and no more crashes. You can help confirm by posting if you have been using the Overlay.

I have the retail version that is Arma 2 CO and Arma 2 Reinforcements, I reinstalled the game 3 times running only vanilla, and installing the 1.60 patch back when I had the 1.59 patch I had no problem, now I do. I will play for about 15 to 20 min then the game will crash saying Arma 2 Reinforcements has stopped working, its not the mods because I tried the game without them even uninstalling them from my game completely, that didnt work, then i tried just reinstalling and just doing the update 1.60, 15 min into the game it crashed saying arma 2 reinforcements has stopped working.............its the fking patch and my game has been fked up for 2 weeks now because of it. please fix this problem your company has created I will be forever greatful.

Thank You

Erick

@Erick, if you are using Vista or W7, try installing every thing "as admin".

Just right click all .exe's (games/patches/everything) and "run as administrator". I'm seeing several new forum members having what seems to be the same issues I was having over 2 yrs ago. Since I started doing this for installs of "everything", my oldish lil pc never seems to blink an eye.

Erick what about install the beta (does NOT overwrite anything in your game)

then use ""Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch.lnk" in the game directory

also my game consistently crashes. also before patch 1.60. but since that patch the error of the crash changed to "arma 2 reinforcements is not responding", before that it said only "arma 2 operation arrowhead is not responding".

i'm also playing with mods, ACE etc...

Same problem. It's an Access Violation error: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0084FD62. Also running mods (just replacement packs though).

if You use ACRE: the problem most likely lays in ACRE or some mods try it w/o

Edited by Dwarden

I will try it without any mods. Just a question: what exactly does an ACCESS_VIOLATION error mean? Is it a memory error or what?

Weird,after getting about 3 ctds I pulled out all my mods and tried without them.Well that worked good,no ctds.The funny part is that I didn't download the latest beta patch,I've re-added all my mods and still no ctd.Maybe A2CO was on that time of the month.:p

It must be hard to pinpoint the problem when it happens on different systems with different software setups.

My error message: "Reinforcements has stopped responding"

My system:

i5 2500K no overclocking

win 7 pro 64 OEM

Gskill Ripjaws 16G DDR3

ASUS Z68 LX MBoard

Intel 510 SSD

Arma2 and CO from disc

Only mod is Shacktac movement

I play SP . Not tried MP

BE author is on it already....