Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

You still plan on adding the An-72 for the CDF for us guys that only use the Eastern Equipment? Also is the Su-24 going to make it into your next version?

You still plan on adding the An-72 for the CDF for us guys that only use the Eastern Equipment? Also is the Su-24 going to make it into your next version?

Both are planned, time will tell if they get in.

The Su-24 is a big pain in the ass to texture as the colour maps are split into like 10+ textures. I might just try to spend some time to combine them all into a couple of colour maps to make it easier.

Gossamer,

really excited about the thoughts of expanding the scope to include Russian forces. I like where things are leading with this mod, so congrats on the good work so far.

Gossamer,

really excited about the thoughts of expanding the scope to include Russian forces. I like where things are leading with this mod, so congrats on the good work so far.

I might have to change the name of the mod haha

I might have to change the name of the mod haha

World Forces Mod (2050 BCE to 2050): All the world's forces. All the time.

World Forces Mod (2050 BCE to 2050): All the world's forces. All the time.

Alright, that settles it. Next faction I'm working on is Roman Empire! hahaha

Well if out of ideas always can make Desert CDF units :D

I'm not out of ideas and as I said earlier, desert units will come. It's just not a huge priority for me as I prefer woodland over desert :)

Oh and the T-80U is making an appearance, only on the Russian Federation though. It is slightly stronger than an M1A1, making it the most powerful tank besides the TUSK.

I'm not out of ideas and as I said earlier, desert units will come. It's just not a huge priority for me as I prefer woodland over desert :)

Oh and the T-80U is making an appearance, only on the Russian Federation though. It is slightly stronger than an M1A1, making it the most powerful tank besides the TUSK.

Well the problem here is that T-80U is not really stronger than M1A1, because it depends about what subvariant of M1A1 we are talking about.

T-80U is stronger than basic M1A1, and on par with M1A1HA, M1A1HC and basic M1A2, and also weaker than M1A1SA, M1A1FEP and M1A2SEP. So it depends against what M1A1/M1A2 subvariant we wan't to place T-80U.

Of course there are other, very strict technical data that explains it further, but this is not a forum for such discussion, I might share in PM if someone is interested. :)

Well the problem here is that T-80U is not really stronger than M1A1, because it depends about what subvariant of M1A1 we are talking about.

T-80U is stronger than basic M1A1, and on par with M1A1HA, M1A1HC and basic M1A2, and also weaker than M1A1SA, M1A1FEP and M1A2SEP. So it depends against what M1A1/M1A2 subvariant we wan't to place T-80U.

Of course there are other, very strict technical data that explains it further, but this is not a forum for such discussion, I might share in PM if someone is interested. :)

Ok well if I look ingame all I see is M1A1 and that's what I'm talking about. So I'm just going to leave it how it is.

What do you think of BMD's? from 1 to 3

I think adding that for CDF, PRSZ and Russian forces would sound good.

What do you think of BMD's? from 1 to 3

I think adding that for CDF, PRSZ and Russian forces would sound good.

I posted about this a while back in the thread.

I've already asked for the BMD-1 and BMD-2 and I've been asked to wait, so I will.

I think I'll be releasing 1.07 relatively soon (a week or two). It's mainly another patch that deals with polishing and restructuring rather than a lot of new content.

I've been adding damage/destruct textures to all the new vehicles as well as touching up the destruct models themselves (removing the tracks from tracked vehicles, removing the AT-3 missile on the top of the BMP-1).

All PCDF PCDF forces are being moved to PCDF_Chernarus (West -> Chernarus), PRSZ faction has been renamed PCDF_PRSZ (East - South Zagoria) and the new russian forces will be under PCDF_RU (East -> Russian Federation).

1.07 will also include some re-done textures.

I've been trying to improve the flight model for the Mig-29 so it is faster and can turn better, but I'm having a real hard time with that. So if anybody knows anything about flight models in this game, please step forward and lend me a hand :)

Nice to know a patch comes out! but sadly not fan of PCDF being moved :-|

Nice to know a patch comes out! but sadly not fan of PCDF being moved :-|

I'm not sure why. It's to keep all my stuff seperate from BIS stuff so I don't interfere with base classes.

I'm also going to be changing the model of the eastern equipped CDF troops soon so they will support backpacks and such, that's why this change is fully required.

Good to see the "maturing" of this mod. Its already a classic, IMO.

I'm not sure why. It's to keep all my stuff seperate from BIS stuff so I don't interfere with base classes.

I'm also going to be changing the model of the eastern equipped CDF troops soon so they will support backpacks and such, that's why this change is fully required.

The problem I will be having is editing every mission I have made with PCDF because they will be changing directions and such, will take ages to get it all changed thats why.

But yes indeed as Markb50K its still good seeing it "maturing"

The problem I will be having is editing every mission I have made with PCDF because they will be changing directions and such, will take ages to get it all changed thats why.

But yes indeed as Markb50K its still good seeing it "maturing"

Yes, I'll agree that I should have probably made it this way to begin with, but I didn't think the project was going to grow so much.

Get a good text editor like Notepad++, find and replace In files and you can easily search for say CDF_Soldier (BIS CDF Rifleman) and replace it with PCDF_CDF_Soldier and it'll find and replace that in your entire mission.

Will take you like 2 minutes.

i guess i'm confused. Gossamer you didnt say you were changing classnames right? just where they are class wise in the Faction/Vehicle Class organization right? If thats so, why would mission makers have to edit anything?

i guess i'm confused. Gossamer you didnt say you were changing classnames right? just where they are class wise in the Faction/Vehicle Class organization right? If thats so, why would mission makers have to edit anything?

Current classnames won't be changed. I'm merely saying that when I change the model of the base CDF troops, I need to make a new classname so I'm not overriding BIS classes.

I'm probably not doing the best job at explaining, but bottom line: Current PCDF classnames WON'T change, only which faction they are under.

I have found something interesting in Russian Magicbox, a CA-74! however the weapon has no model so basically you hold nothing :P

I have found something interesting in Russian Magicbox, a CA-74! however the weapon has no model so basically you hold nothing :P

Config leftovers :)

Just had to come back to the weapon topic, was messing around and toke a "buttstock" from a google sketchup model and I think that kind of stocks fits the best on AK's Untitled.jpg using this and making some RIS for mounting and it would look great just like slatts done.

Edited by Sakowski

Just had to come back to the weapon topic, was messing around and toke a "buttstock" from a google sketchup model and I think that kind of stocks fits the best on AK's http://s12.postimage.org/90qbtyesp/Untitled.jpg using this and making some RIS for mounting and it would look great just like slatts done.

I'm not discussing the weapons anymore. I've already agreed to recieve models from another guy.