Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

Hello there!

Gossamer, will the CDF receive HMMWVs too? If so, which versions have you planed? Could you give them the ones from OA? I mean the transporter and the version with the command / ambulance box attachment?

Hello there!

Gossamer, will the CDF receive HMMWVs too? If so, which versions have you planed? Could you give them the ones from OA? I mean the transporter and the version with the command / ambulance box attachment?

The OA Humvees are harder to retexture, so I think I might just stick to the A2 ones.

A2 ones are good and it would be great to see M240 version on CDF side, but also for better effect of post-soviet repubilc it would be great to change M240 for PKM.

A2 ones are good and it would be great to see M240 version on CDF side, but also for better effect of post-soviet repubilc it would be great to change M240 for PKM.

Can't do that without MLODs and BIS hasn't released MLODs for A2/OA yet.

Can't do that without MLODs and BIS hasn't released MLODs for A2/OA yet.

I think BIS released some Humvees in Arma MLODS, maybe look at those :)

Personnel of the 1st Special Forces Battalion, 2nd Company, posing for Chernarussian National Television after liberating Chernagorsk's City Hall.

Edited: I have deleted the picture since I didn't ask permission from the original author to modify its addon, and I have just read on the forum rules that it is not allowed to publish a picture from a modification even if it is for personal use if the permission is not granted from the original author. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gossamer, I sent you a PM with a link to these units and the Interior Ministry troops.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Edited by AsierB

Damn looks better then original ones, are you using any custom made stuff then re-texturing?

These units are a retexture of the USMC Force Recon Team Razor. I have used as a base Binkowski's "Generic Army Special Forces":

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8488

This is a private testing project to start learning how to create/retexture addons, I didn't get any permission from Binkowski, so I can't release them. I'm sure that if Gossamer feels like making a rework on them and release them on the next PCDF installment he will get the right permissions or rework them so that no permission from other authors is required.

Best regards!

Are there any desert based modifications?

Any new weapons perhaps?

EDIT: Just tested the mod out, its amazing! however here are some of my ideas:

I think it would be nice giving CDF (western) own modified AK, as most every post soviet country they rather not loose money buying new equipment they prefer to modernize it for example polish beryl, I don't think M16's and M4's fit much however amazing mod!

As well question: Will it be compatible with ACE?

Edited by Sakowski

Are there any desert based modifications?

Any new weapons perhaps?

EDIT: Just tested the mod out, its amazing! however here are some of my ideas:

I think it would be nice giving CDF (western) own modified AK, as most every post soviet country they rather not loose money buying new equipment they prefer to modernize it for example polish beryl, I don't think M16's and M4's fit much however amazing mod!

As well question: Will it be compatible with ACE?

They haven't discarded any of their AKs, they are simply just used by the regular division of soldiers, while the westernized ones use equipment provided by americans.

I'm not making an ACE config, but somebody can contribute one if they want.

They haven't discarded any of their AKs, they are simply just used by the regular division of soldiers, while the westernized ones use equipment provided by americans.

I'm not making an ACE config, but somebody can contribute one if they want.

Are you perhaps planning to do some sort of modified AK's for them? What I mean is like Slatts modified AK (new RIS and so on)

Either way good luck again hope some new stuff will come out soon! :D

P.S. Really nice touch to SKS, little idea - why not modifying it into marksman rifle? changing color to black (metallic) giving it a scope and bipod? :D

Edited by Sakowski

In my opinion better, than in the role of the sniping rifle SKS would work in the role of rifle for parade troops.

An easy way to get some new units for the CDF could be the use of the soldier in cap model (CDF_Soldier_Militia, see the following picture) as if they were a reservist force.

100px-Arma2_CDF_militia.jpg

I've been playing around with this idea a little bit. I have armed them with AK74 instead of AKMS, in order to standardize them with the regular CDF soldiers (AKMS uses a different cartridge). I have created a version with PK machine gun, RPK-74 automatic rifle, SVD sniper and RPG-7 launcher. Only the platoon leader carries GPS and binoculars, but none of them are supplied with night vision devices. Without helmet and ballistic vest they should be tasked for second line operations.

In the following picture a CRF (Chernorussian Reserve Force) unit receives Prime Minister Aldanov on its arrival at Moschnyi Island during 2012 electoral campaign:

Reservists_receiving_Prime_Minister_2.jpg

PD: Another nice config modification could be to make versions of General (CDF_Commander) and Officer (CDF_Soldier_Officer) models with Makarov pistols only, instead of the AKS-74U shorty assault rifle.

got a question, will you create a weapon create of every weapon used in the mod?

Another picture you might find interesting:

Chernarussian National Police's Antiterrorist Group "Wolf" operatives sieging the house of a suspect of spying for PRSZ, in Zernovo village. When two Chernarussian Intelligence Bureau officers approached the house for questioning he opened fire on them with a concealed handgun, seriously injuring one of them. On the image you can appreciate the new SUVs used by the CNP.

Edited: I have deleted the picture since I didn't ask permission from the original author of the SUV mod to modify its addon, and I have just read on the forum rules that it is not allowed to publish a picture from a modification even if it is for personal use if the permission is not granted from the original author. Sorry for the inconvenience.

A closer view on the Interior Ministry armpatch, "Wolf" unit armpatch (operative on the right), and "Militsiya" identification on the ballistic vest:

Police_standoff_4.jpg

Gossamer, if you are interested I'll send you the config for the reserve forces and the SUV textures, I'm at your service.

Best regards.

Edited by AsierB

Well small objection to your texturing, you see they have writing on their vest AsierB, Chernarus language is actually Czech so it makes the texture look a bit... "Soviet Propaganda" for me heh.

Hi Sakowski, I thought about that too, but then I noticed that Chernaruss language makes use of the cyrillic alphabet, not the latin one, in spite of BIS having taken as a base the Czech language. You can see it on the road signs, propaganda banners, the letters written on the side of the police cars, and even on the police officers' badges.

vodkafest1.jpg

Hi Sakowski, I thought about that too, but then I noticed that Chernaruss language makes use of the cyrillic alphabet, not the latin one, in spite of BIS having taken as a base the Czech language. You can see it on the road signs, propaganda banners, the letters written on the side of the police cars, and even on the police officers' badges.

http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/multi/vodkafest1.jpg

Well cyrllic language is used in the regions of the Russian population (which is ChDKZ and that is how the civil war erupted) watch this for example

its in Czech.

However good texturing.

AsierB, your units looks great ;) If you produced the individual equipped with the shield and the helmet with the visor to this group, you would have also units of the Branch of the Prevention- it is worthwhile remembering, that in many post-soviet countries of the individual anti-terrorist of police are a part of riot units. They can be an example: Russia, Belarus and Ukraine where police commandos are reporting up to ОМОР(ОтрÑд Милиции ОÑобого ÐазначениÑ), dealing with also a pacification of the riot or Poland, where counter-terrorists are reporting under OPP (OddziaÅ‚y Prewencji Policji). And commandos from the group,, Wolf "are really sensational. Successes in further creating :)

got another question, did you maybe make units into squads and teams so when u go to editor u can go to groups and spawn like a AT Squad etc?

for example like INS_InfSection_AT

Edited by Sakowski

for weapons, you could maybe use the RH AK's weapon pack, not all the weapons, but the one's around 2000 like the abakan, groza and AK74M ( or plum ), and since chernarus is under western alliance, you should maybe use western weapons ( other than G36 & MP5 ), like FAMAS, SIG and other ...

Sakowski: You're right about the Czech language. It is a bit confusing. The material on the AAN fake website and BIS website is in latin alphabet, but everything in-game is in cyrillic. BIS website says that in the "northern province" (supposedly South Zagoria) Russian is the second official language, but that means that road signs, police cars, police badges, etc should be written in both languages (I live in a region with two official languages, I'm speaker of both), but they are just in cyrillic. Even CDF vehicles show cyrillic alphabet writings (refuel Ural, Mi-17), indeed they are Russian words, that seems a mistake from BIS, in 18 years after the collapse of the Soviet Union CDF should have had time enough to repaint them. Maybe we could consider that Chernarus is in a transition situation from cyrillic to latin as Moldova did after independence from the Soviet Union. Or a case like Yugoslavia, both alphabets were officially recognised for the Serbo-Croatian language.

Ferdek77: I'll test "Wolf" Group with the shields, it may be cool !

Some words for clarification:

1) Project CDF has been fathered by GossamerSolid. It is his project.

2) I only pretend to cooperate, inspire, help, support.

3) I will not release any addon myself. Again, this is Gossamer's project.

Edited by AsierB

Ferdek77: "Wolf" Antiterrorist Group practicing a plane hostage rescue situation on a mock-up plane on Kirovograd Air Base (notice that the operative carrying the ballistic shield has injured his left knee):

Wolf_operators_plane_rescue_practice.jpg

Edited by AsierB

I think some sort of Westernized General & Officer is needed as well :D