Sign in to follow this  
alexc

MP crashing since 1.6 patch

hello,

since the update(1.60) my multiplayer games crash consistently after a few minutes. What happens is that the game runs fine for a few minutes and then there is a stutter in the gameplay sound falls away, then the game continues for a few moments and then it crashes to desktop.

I run both ARMA 2 and OA+BAf (steam). I have tried running the individual games as well as the combined operations package and the same kind of crash occurs each time I play multiplayer. I have tried several different multiplayer servers and several types of games COOP,CTI, etc. The crashes seem to be most frequent when I am undertaking actions (in particular walking). I have also tried joining the server and being idle and then it takes longer for a crash to occur but eventually it also occurs.

Anybody else experiencing similar MP crashing problems since the new updates?? any suggestions?

I have browsed the forums and have not seen a similar problem reported therefore created this thread.

--

I run a win 7, triple core (3.2ghz) AMD,2GB memory,radeon 4830(1gb) system. I have updated ARMA 2 manually and OA + BAF were updated through steam. I've been playing ARMA combined operations for a long time and never encountered this issue.

Edited by alexc

I am expiriencing same crashes as described. It is not only MP though, game also crashes in SP campaign. That started after patch 1.6. Right now I am using latest beta but it still crashes.

I am adding my RTP file and minidump from last crash.

Arma 2 Combined + BAF + PMC (Steam) latest beta build 87646 - no Mods

Win7 x64

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WTCKIXTS&setlang=en

Edited by sik

same here. (haven't tried multiplayer yet, only SP)

I'll describe it:

when I'm playing,at random times my arma2 starts stuttering really badly then I get the black screen with the "receiving" message.

After that I can play a little longer but all textures are gone.

After this I get the game crash.

anyone?

Well I get that some times to, but useally after 2-3 houres ingame, and mostly on Chernarus.

Could be video setting is to high?

Before 1.60 my ARMA2 tend to be very CTD´ish, but then I all so found a good FPS booster via Total War Center, and that have helped alot.

settings can't be too high.

I used to play on-very ihgh- but after the patch I can only play on normal until the crash.

What is total war center?

A forum for Total War games www.twcenter.net

I found one call Game Booster 3, and Quick Care.

But when I use gameboost 3, it makes my PC about 40% more effectiv, wich means alot for me, as my PC is about to be to old, need new for ARMA3 :)

So you could try that :)

ok thanks!

but there's no use in boosting your game if it crashes constantly.

So anyone has the same problems and/or a sollution??

Maybe I should also mention That I have an ATI HD4850 graphics card

please update to todays beta 1.60.87622 !

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=129429

hi,

i tried a new install of OA + BAF(steam), with the new patch (1.60.87622), as well as updated my Radeon drivers.

but alas the same type of crash keeps occurring.. the game freezes, sound drops and then the game continues shortly before crashing to desktop...

Although i must note that the new beta patch seems to make the game run smoother and it appears to take longer before the crash occurs..

back to the lab ..... I guess ....

Did you enable the beta patch? Installing it is not sufficient. You can confirm version in the main menu, and in the rpt file.

In any case best report details and crashdumps to the CIT so they can be analyzed: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-crash

ahhh.... it says 87580 in version at the main menu, that would suggest the old version .....

at the risk of coming across stupid how do you enable the beta patch in a steam version of AO??

thxs

there is new shortcut "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch.lnk" in the game directory

try it (also not the beta doesn't overwrite anything in Your normal game install)

there is new shortcut "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch.lnk" in the game directory

try it (also not the beta doesn't overwrite anything in Your normal game install)

Hi, thanx,

I have now tried the beta patch and unfortunately still the same type of crashes occur.....

Having this problem now. I haven't tried the beta patch since every server I play on uses ACRE, and since the JayArma2Lib isn't compatible I can't play the beta (get that annoying constant "ping" tone throughout the game).

It hanged on me 3 times last night, the final hang didn't happen till maybe an hour into the game, however. Today It hung not 1 minute into joining the 15thMeu(SOC) Recruiting Server.

Note that the game doesn't CTD, it hangs, and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Dlt to get out of it. Naturally I'm running ACE, ACRE, LEA, and Island Addons.

if You use ACRE or some mods then first try it w/o

Edited by Dwarden

in that case either make CIT ticket or send me email, and include with them the crashdumps (mdmp,bidmp) and log (rpt) file

Alot of my Single Player ctd's (user made only) as well as MP crashes have ceased if I use the latest patch. Still have strange issues such as images refusing to show on mission selection screen and weird RPT reportings -but at least I seem to be able to play everything again.

@Dwarden: Would gladly send email (didnt undertand the whole WER program at DevHeaven) -where do I send it?

Edited by froggyluv

@Dwarden: Would gladly send email (didnt undertand the whole WER program at DevHeaven) -where do I send it?

Same here, where do you want me to send my dump files ?

In my case the crashes are consistent and every MP game I played since the the new 1.60 patch including the beta has ended with a CTD crash..

p.s. best wishes for 2012 all!

Beta 1.60.87662 does not fix it. Sent Dwarden crash files with beta via email.

Beta 1.60.87662 does not fix it. Sent Dwarden crash files with beta via email.

same here!..

hello, I have tried you newest beta patch yesterday 88251 and unfortunately the problem still persists.

In addition, I also found out it occurs in single play(normal patch version ), however only after a long play time (60+min).

Again before the patch I I did not have any of these issues and now the game is basically broken. This as since the 1.60 patch I have not been able to play multiplayer games without crashing to desktop or for longer than at most 30 mins without A CTD . Although usually the CTD happens within a few minutes of entering the MP game.

I really hope you are able to fix this problem !!