Playing ACE for the first time since reinstalling ArmA 2 vanilla, I found that I had this weird black box that would display some sort of coordinates or something. I'm not sure whether it's reading out where I'm pointing or if it's the destination of some AI. Anyway, this is what it looks like...

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8757/arma2oa2012041103370672.jpg

My Arma 2 vanilla is a hard copy and my OA is a Steam copy. I was playing the ACE singleplayer scenario titled Martyrdom or something iirc. What is this and how do I move/ get rid of it?

That's a script error. When you launch Arma remove the "-showscripterrors" switch and you will not see them (although they still exist!).

Hello.

I've been having a problem with the RPG 7 where when loaded, only the rocket is visible, the launcher disappears. If I use freelook and look to the side or the rear, the launcher appears, but when looking forward it disappears leaving only the rocket itself visible. This makes the iron-sights impossible to use. I don't remember ever noticing this before, and I'm sure I've used the RPG-7 in the past. The problem seems absent if using the one with the optical sight, only the base RPG-7. I'm running CBA, ACE and ACEX.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks.

RacingLad

Can anyone tell me how exactly I can define units as having Crew Protection...or better still how to just turn off that whole system?

Playing ACE for the first time since reinstalling ArmA 2 vanilla, I found that I had this weird black box that would display some sort of coordinates or something. I'm not sure whether it's reading out where I'm pointing or if it's the destination of some AI. Anyway, this is what it looks like...

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8757/arma2oa2012041103370672.jpg

My Arma 2 vanilla is a hard copy and my OA is a Steam copy. I was playing the ACE singleplayer scenario titled Martyrdom or something iirc. What is this and how do I move/ get rid of it?

That's a script error related to a function, not ACE.

Hi all.

It's possible that this issue https://dev-heaven.net/issues/25766 can cause serious lag problems on long game session with more than 90 players?

Our TvT campaign is suffering of heavy drop of FPS and in game lag,problems that took place only after 90-100 mins of play time.

Looking at the RPT it's the only cause for the game suddendly start lagging.

We are using Ace stable 1.13(all acex included and CBA 0.8.3.175)

Edited by Zio Sam

Feel free to update the ticket with details and the rpt files.

Feel free to update the ticket with details and the rpt files.

Sadly i'm not a script expert nor a technician iI'm just the TvT campaign coordinator and i'm more a Game Master and presenter.Since for me Arma2 exist only with Ace mod i'm here begging for your help.

I think our lag problem are caused by some sort of RPT spam and object duplications due to unknown reason for us,since in the past we already hosted such big events,Ace mod based, without any problem at all.

I know you can't set up our game because it isn't your work but if you can shed some light on the server RPT it would be very appreciated,if necessary i can also add the mission pbo

How can i send you the server RPT?

Zio Sam,

You'll need to register an account at Dev Heaven if you havent got one (top right of the page if you link to the ticket in your previous post). Then you will get an option to update the ticket (bottom right of the screen). In the update section you will be able to upload your .rpt file.

You are going to have to get whoever setup your server to get the rpt file for you - depending on how you set up your config file it could be anywhere on the server!

Thx Jedra,but my rpt doesn't add nothing more to the one that is already there,my question was if this problem can cause serious lag to people playing on the server.

And i was asking for someone able to read my rpt and explain me how to solve errors that shows up since there are some others error spam such as Duplicate weapon ItemGPS Duplicate weapon ACE_Earplugs detected for repeated hundreds of time.

I doubt my rpt could be usefull for someone else

Well, if you don't post your report somewhere then no-one can look at it! If it's too big to put in spoiler tags here, then you could add it to pastebin and put a link here.

As for the duplicate stuff. It means that you are adding more than one of the Earplugs/GPS to a unit. So somewhere you are running this code at least twice;

_unit addweapon "ACE_Earplugs"

Usually the culprit is that it's being done in the init line of a unit and in a script or the code is being run without running removeallweapons first.

Nice thanks so much for all the hard work.

P.S

Please could you tell me where I would find the search mirrors from last update I just cant find them in any box :(

Is it recommended to use this mod for a first-time player? Will it make the game a lot harder / more complex? I'm interested in the SP campaign only (so far).

Did this mod come with new textures? The vegetation suddenly looked very healthy and saturated, especially for this kind of climate, so it looked off.. but maybe that's just my imagination, or it was like that in default too :)

It will break SP campaign because of some drastic changes (like in vanilla you can carry AT4 and 3 rockets for it even though in reality/ACE the launcher can be used only once - but BIS missions are designed for the former case)

And yes it makes the game much more realistic and enjoyable but may be too much for you to handle at first. Also it will make going back to vanilla hard for you after you'll get used to all nice ACE things.

As for vegetation - in Harvest Red/OA BIS uses post-processing effect which desaturates visuals.

If you will just launch the game in the editor - the effect won't be present by default, regardless of a mod.

When you will feel that vanilla stuff doesn't offer enough tactical and realistic features - it's time to install ACE.

Edited by metalcraze

Thanks! Too bad it's not playable with the SP campaign :/ especially since there seems to be A.I improvements and other type of gameplay improvements that would make SP even more fun.

I launched the game from the Six Updater, maybe that's why the post process effect was turned off?

Are there any other mod(s) recommended for the SP campaign?

Edited by mkultra

It is playable with every SP campaign I played so far. Just try it, I didn´t have problems. (OK I did once. Bardosy´s excellent Operation mighty justice has a mission where you are supposed to stop some tanks with javelins. Javelins are working different in ACE and you will either have to edit the mission (thats 5 minutes of work) or play it without ACE. Every other Mission worked! Without Problems!)

Ok, thanks. Well i think i will play it without ACE, and maybe i'll try it again with ACE later on :)

If you want AI improvements - download ASR AI. It's designed with ACE in mind but works with vanilla too. Its thread should be on the same page as this one.

Metalcraze: excellent, it's mostly improved AI i'm interested in. Definitely gonna try ACE too once i've gotten more used to vanilla + ADR AI ;)

Sickboy, posible to apply some new UAV's in ACE?