Sign in to follow this  
advocatexxx

God

Well, iv heard some say that christ preached that the kingdom of god was within you to find for yourself, not in a church of any kind, so you do the math.

I never want it thought that i dont think you should believe in these things, but they are just one mans beliefs. Trying to tell someone that doesnt believe what you do that they'll go to your faiths hell for living their life the way they want is hypocrisy. We all have the right to live our life the way we want with no strings attached. Anyone who says different is, for lack of a more compassionate term, a conformist, pure and simple.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 12 2002,00:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought he said that the Bible is infallible because God wrote it through man.<span id='postcolor'>

Being a Christian does not make you an idiot you know.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 12 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, iv heard some say that christ preached that the kingdom of god was within you to find for yourself, not in a church of any kind, so you do the math.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! that was the film Stigmata!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 12 2002,00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 12 2002,00:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I thought he said that the Bible is infallible because God wrote it through man.<span id='postcolor'>

Being a Christian does not make you an idiot you know.<span id='postcolor'>

Seems to have worked okay for Duke

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 11 2002,15:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 12 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, iv heard some say that christ preached that the kingdom of god was within you to find for yourself, not in a church of any kind, so you do the math.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! that was the film Stigmata!<span id='postcolor'>

No, that was my father smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 12 2002,01:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 11 2002,15:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 12 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, iv heard some say that christ preached that the kingdom of god was within you to find for yourself, not in a church of any kind, so you do the math.<span id='postcolor'>

No, that was my father smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ie. not the words of Christ.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 11 2002,17: 00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 12 2002,01:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 11 2002,15:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 12 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, iv heard some say that christ preached that the kingdom of god was within you to find for yourself, not in a church of any kind, so you do the math.<span id='postcolor'>

No, that was my father<span id='postcolor'>

Ie. not the words of Christ.<span id='postcolor'>

I dont care about the words of christ, i care about the thought processes of other people. I dont care what people believe, it just angers me that someone would try to tell me i'm going to go to their religions hell just for not believing those things or living my life the way they do. And even if i did go to said hell, thats most likely where i'd want to be anyway, cause according to everyone who tells me this, thats where all my friends will end up too.

I never said being a christain makes you an idiot, i never called anyone here a fanatic. What i am saying, is dont assault people with your beliefs just because you (i.e. ONE person) happen to think its the "right way".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it just angers me that someone would try to tell me i'm going to go to their religions hell<span id='postcolor'>

Why? Where is your intelectual integrity?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 12 2002,03:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it just angers me that someone would try to tell me i'm going to go to their religions hell<span id='postcolor'>

Why? Where is your intelectual integrity?<span id='postcolor'>

LOL. Itnellectual integrity being brought up as a means to condemn someone to hell because they dont believe the way you do?

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

the thought that I will go to hell if I dont believe in the rather narrow way that you do is irrational.... the antithesis of intellectual reasoning. In many ways religion is a denial of intellectual thought. Not taking a shot at anyone here, however... just pointing out that faith denies proof.

My point was that if you don't beleive in it then how could it possibly bother you? Surely atheism is a position of unassailability. I do know something of atheism I have dabbled with it myself, but found that God is a much more compelling force than nothingness.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 12 2002,02:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 11 2002,17: 00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 12 2002,01:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 11 2002,15:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 12 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, iv heard some say that christ preached that the kingdom of god was within you to find for yourself, not in a church of any kind, so you do the math.<span id='postcolor'>

I dont care about the words of christ, i care about the thought processes of other people. I dont care what people believe, it just angers me that someone would try to tell me i'm going to go to their religions hell just for not believing those things or living my life the way they do. And even if i did go to said hell, thats most likely where i'd want to be anyway, cause according to everyone who tells me this, thats where all my friends will end up too.

".<span id='postcolor'>

hmm, no comment, well anyways I dont think that in hell u will get any hanging around time confused.gif . If u go in china for example and I start preaching, I will be put in jail and might be prosecuted. Even thoe I dont believe in that system, it doesnt change that I am gonna get executed anyways. So even thoe u dont believe, it doesnt mean that u wount meet up with hell. I have a sensation that most of u come in the dicussion with alot of misconceptions....... We (christians) try to give u (non believers) our faith not for fun, but bcuz its our job and we dont want to see u guys going to hell!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ July 12 2002,12:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 12 2002,02:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 11 2002,17: 00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 12 2002,01:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 11 2002,15:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 12 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, iv heard some say that christ preached that the kingdom of god was within you to find for yourself, not in a church of any kind, so you do the math.<span id='postcolor'>

".<span id='postcolor'>

hmm, no comment, well anyways I dont think that in hell u will get any hanging around time confused.gif . If u go in china for example and I start preaching, I will be put in jail and might be prosecuted. Even thoe I dont believe in that system, it doesnt change that I am gonna get executed anyways. So even thoe u dont believe, it doesnt mean that u wount meet up with hell. I have a sensation that most of u come in the dicussion with alot of misconceptions....... We (christians) try to give u (non believers) our faith not for fun, but bcuz its our job and we dont want to see u guys going to hell!<span id='postcolor'>

No you to give us your religion, ok yes it is your duty but, because of your selfish fears of going to hell. Quite frankly most people have faith because they are afraid of what retribution may come if they don'y 'have faith'.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quite frankly most people have faith because they are afraid of what retribution may come if they don'y 'have faith'.

<span id='postcolor'> How would you know?

Im an idot? Hows that? Am I an idot for believing in the Lord Jesus Chrits? I am an idot for telling you all about Him? What makes me an idot? I would like to know....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 12 2002,17:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im an idot? Am I an idot for believing in the Lord Jesus Chrits?<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 12 2002,23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im an idot? Hows that? Am I an idot for believing in the Lord Jesus Chrits? I am an idot for telling you all about Him? What makes me an idot? I would like to know....<span id='postcolor'>

No, you are acting like an idiot by assuming that a book written by man a thousand years ago is infallible because you think some omniscient, omnipotent superior being --that you have never seen one shred of concrete evidence of-- told them to write it.

You are acting like an idiot because I already asked you to leave the missionary "convert the unbeliever" bullshit out of the equation, and yet you persist. You dont need to tell me about God or Jesus or anything, I know just as much as you do, and I am not convinced, and I take it as an insult that you wont acknowledge my desire to be left out of your Heavenly Kingdom.

Thats why youre acting like an idiot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 13 2002,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am afraid you do not know as much as me if you do not know Jesus.<span id='postcolor'>

May I ask why you think you are qualified to say so when you havn't even read the Bible? I mean, in what way are you sure that you 'know Jesus', as you put it?

Because I have called upon the name of the Lord, thats how I know I have Jesus in my heart. Tex, I will let you talk to God. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 12 2002,23:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tex, I will let you talk to God.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh now Mr. Never Read the Bible decides who can talk to God?

I'd like to talk to God please. I'm serious if I can talk to God I will fully believe in him and do whatever he says. But until I can talk to God I will continue believing he doesnt exist.

I like the error in translation reasoning from a few pages back.

Ya know maybe thou shalt not kill was actually an ERROR andd it should of read "thouh shalt kill" biggrin.gif

I am not the one who decides to talk to God, it is betwwen you and Him. I do read the Bible residum, have you read it> Ihope you have. You can talk to God, ask him into your hart and just see what happends......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 11 2002,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My point was that if you don't beleive in it then how could it possibly bother you? Surely atheism is a position of unassailability. I do know something of atheism I have dabbled with it myself, but found that God is a much more compelling force than nothingness.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not an atheist smile.gif