Sign in to follow this  
advocatexxx

God

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 10 2002,23:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I do believe,like the battle of Jericho.<span id='postcolor'>

You seem to be mentioning the battle of Jericho quite often. Is that the only part of the bible that you have read?

I find it funny that I as a sworn atheist have read the Bible twice, while you who believe it is the word of god have not read it. You say that you found your faith two years ago. If I was certain that the Bible was the absolute truth and the word of God then I can guarantee you that reading it would have been my first priority.

I think I am starting to understand why you repeat yourself all the time. It is not because you think it is the only truth and wish to emphasise it; it is because apparently you are a man of limited knowledge on the subject.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 10 2002,23:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 10 2002,23wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I do believe,like the battle of Jericho.<span id='postcolor'>

You seem to be mentioning the battle of Jericho quite often. Is that the only part of the bible that you have read?

I find it funny that I as a sworn atheist have read the Bible twice, while you who believe it is the word of god have not read it. You say that you found your faith two years ago. If I was certain that the Bible was the absolute truth and the word of God then I can guarantee you that reading it would have been my first priority.

I think I am starting to understand why you repeat yourself all the time. It is not because you think it is the only truth and wish to emphasise it; it is because apparently you are a man of limited knowledge on the subject.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with the heathen!

Yes I ahve not read the Bible completely. I have read the New Testament, and I have not been a very good Christian,but I do read my Bible almost everyday, and I pray everyday. I still need to get a better prayer time and spend more time with God, I am not perfect and I don't deserve salvation. Paratropper are you a Christian? For a while I thought you were, but then you said the Bible was not written by God so that got me worried. Jericho was where the Isrealits let a family live, and thats why they have their troubles today.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 11 2002,00:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes I ahve not read the Bible completely. I have read the New Testament, and I have not been a very good Christian,but I do read my Bible almost everyday, and I pray everyday. I still need to get a better prayer time and spend more time with God, I am not perfect and I don't deserve salvation. Paratropper are you a Christian? For a while I thought you were, but then you said the Bible was not written by God so that got me worried. Jericho was where the Isrealits let a family live, and thats why they have their troubles today.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes I am a Christian, an Anglo-Catholic, but above all I consider myself to be an intellectual.

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 10 2002,23wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uhhh and where do you get the info that God didn't right the Bible? God wrote the Bible through men.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok lets say he did do that know unless everycopy of the bible is magicly overlooked by god then a whole load of errors are going to be introduced each time a copy is made especially in the past when it was  all written by hand.

btw u wouldnt know if u could license ur soul to the devil or maybe hire it to him now and again for a couple of hours instead of actually selling it all to him ? ? ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 11 2002,03:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uhhh....shouldn't you be a Christian first?<span id='postcolor'>

No, being a Christian hasn't closed my mind. One has to think for one's self, otherwise you have no free will and life becomes truly meaningless.

If you believe in Jesus, he should come first, I dont always do a good job of putting Him first. sad.gif And also you should believe what the Bible says, be open minded is not always good, sometimes, but not always.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 10 2002,14:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uhhh and where do you get the info that God didn't right the Bible? God wrote the Bible through men.<span id='postcolor'>

Put so perfectly by a friend of mine, "The bible was written a very long time ago by someone who wasnt even there to see the events in the bible take place", and further more, its been re-written and revised countless times over the years. Are all those re-works done by the hand of god too?

Maybe its just me, but i cant see how something so utterly precarious could be looked at as infallible evidence that god exists.

God told the men what tor write, so they didn't have to see it. I believe tha the Bible I read today, NIV, is veryclose to what was wrote years ago, but the main thing is to make clear to everybody how to be saved and what they should do, and the NIV and othe forms of the Bible does that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 11 2002,05:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 10 2002,14wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uhhh and where do you get the info that God didn't right the Bible? God wrote the Bible through men.<span id='postcolor'>

Put so perfectly by a friend of mine, "The bible was written a very long time ago by someone who wasnt even there to see the events in the bible take place", and further more, its been re-written and revised countless times over the years. Are all those re-works done by the hand of god too?

Maybe its just me, but i cant see how something so utterly precarious could be looked at as infallible evidence that god exists.<span id='postcolor'>

You must realise that to the faithful God is an experience that one feels and loves.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 10 2002,20:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...but the main thing is to make clear to everybody how to be saved and what they should do...<span id='postcolor'>

saved from what?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 11 2002,06:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">saved from what?<span id='postcolor'>

Shoddy Codemasters business practices, of course

Ok, Duke already said that homosexuality is an awful sin. But what do you think, Paratrooper, as a christian? Or Ale2999, do you think like Duke on the subject? Another thing, what do you all think about divorce? It's banned in the bible, isn't it?

Anyway, what Duke said just underlines my point. How can there be any moral evolution or cultural evolution, if everything is set in stone (or in the bible)?

"God told the men what tor write, so they didn't have to see it. I believe tha the Bible I read today, NIV, is veryclose to what was wrote years ago, but the main thing is to make clear to everybody how to be saved and what they should do, and the NIV and othe forms of the Bible does that."

I will give you a good example of why you cannot trust the bible. In most modern bibles, the sixth commandment is "Thou shalt not kill". An American friend of mine, not present on these forums, is exmilitary and christian. I asked him how that worked, since the commandment was "Thou shalt not kill" and killing is kind of what militaries do. He was then kind enough to inform me that the commandment is wrong, it is wrong because an error in translation. Correctly translated it reads "Thou shalt not (commit) murder" which is not the same as the current commandment. Someone made a mistake while translating the bible, and the mistake stuck. This is just one example of errors in the bible, a very small one but still a major one. So, do you see how the bible can be wrong?

God told men to wrote the bible perhaps, but they still used their own words and thoughts. Otherwise, God could just as well have printed and released the Bible himself, like he did with the stonetablets containing the ten commandments. The Bible was made by men, for men. Not by God.

As for homosexuality... Well, once adultary was a stoneable offense, but we have kind of moved past that point. Is that wrong to?

Oligo, you and i definitely think alike on the subject.

I'll just say this, for now...

Our lives are our own to be enjoyed however we want. Religion is part of that, obviously due to so many who choose to believe. But you must realize that with so many different versions of "the truth", how can just one be the right one when so many all over the world believe different things? Are you just going to sit there and tell me that every single person on earth who isnt a christian is wrong?

Oligo, Sodomity (homosexuallity) is condemned from the bible. Myself I think that being gay is wrong but I must h8 only the sins and not the sinners, else I would have to h8 every1 included myself. God loves a gay guy just as much as he loves a straight one, he just doesnt approve his actions. My best friend shocked me telling me he was gay, I could never imagine. I told him that I dont approve what he does and that it makes me sad as that is gonna lead him far from God and so to hell, But that doesnt mean that I have to stop being his friend, he is still my brother in Christ and remaining a friend to him, showing good examples and praying for him is the best I can do. Acaulaud, I think that I believe in the right one because I dont really listen blindly to my pastor, he is a man, I base myself entirely on the word of God (the bible). If the leaders of my church movement did sometin that is not consistent with the bible I'd speak up. I am not a gr8 person I commmit mistakes and should base my life more on God, but I am human too, tendent to errors. The bible was made by God but as Longinius said there are some errors in translation, the bible originally was in jew and then it got translated in greek and then in latin and then it came to english and other languages. Its natural that there might be some translation mistakes. Men wrote the bible, but they were inspired by God and His Holy Spirit. Divorce, is not really allowed by the bible ie u cant ditch ur wife just because u like some1 else. There are cases where bible allow separation, for example when 1 component of the couple is adulterous. There r other cases, but I dont remember offhead. (if u want I'll look into it).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 11 2002,08:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our lives are our own to be enjoyed however we want.<span id='postcolor'>

My life is not my own, its Gods. U can do whatever u want but u would meet consequences at the end of all..... My friend thinks same as u, but I dont tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ July 11 2002,03:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My life is not my own<span id='postcolor'>

I don't know how I could live if I believed that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ July 11 2002,07:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, Duke already said that homosexuality is an awful sin. But what do you think, Paratrooper, as a christian? Or Ale2999, do you think like Duke on the subject? Another thing, what do you all think about divorce? It's banned in the bible, isn't it?

Anyway, what Duke said just underlines my point. How can there be any moral evolution or cultural evolution, if everything is set in stone (or in the bible)?<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly. In the Bible, eating non-kosher food is a hell worthy sin. In the Bible (Leviticus), slavery is allowed, stating that one may own slaves from surrounding countries. There is so much crazy shit in the Bible that makes me seriously doubt the validity of the rest of it.

Saved from hell. I belive that murdering somebody is wrong, but if you are defending your country or trying to help others, it is not murder. Murder is abortion and the stuff like that, weather your Christian or not surley you agree with me on that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 11 2002,23:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ July 11 2002,07:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, Duke already said that homosexuality is an awful sin. But what do you think, Paratrooper, as a christian? Or Ale2999, do you think like Duke on the subject? Another thing, what do you all think about divorce? It's banned in the bible, isn't it?

Anyway, what Duke said just underlines my point. How can there be any moral evolution or cultural evolution, if everything is set in stone (or in the bible)?<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly. In the Bible, eating non-kosher food is a hell worthy sin. In the Bible (Leviticus), slavery is allowed, stating that one may own slaves from surrounding countries. There is so much crazy shit in the Bible that makes me seriously doubt the validity of the rest of it.<span id='postcolor'>

The Bible is many books, a Christian believes in the teaching of Christ, the rest is of peripheral significance.