Sign in to follow this  
advocatexxx

God

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ June 20 2002,17:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif???<span id='postcolor'>

Uh it was meant to be a row of question marks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ June 20 2002,17:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ June 20 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ June 20 2002,14:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To the Al-Qaeda geezers and the palestinians it is honourable to kill yourself and take others with you simply because that is their religion. Many people simply don't understand this very simple concept.<span id='postcolor'>

You are so wrong mad.gif I believe if the palestinians where allowed to have their own state and the Israelis left them alone they would have no need for it. But seeing as how they hate each other it probably is too late to stop it. Rather sad I think. But of course you are not affected by this so of course you would say that.<span id='postcolor'>

Eh? How am I wrong. This is facts. Islam say's you go to heaven if you martyr yourself and many people are too narrow minded to appreciate that for Muslims this is ok.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually the Qu'ran doesn't say if you "martyr" yourself. I did a paper on the Westen misconception of the term Jihad in religion class.

The Qu'ran says you will go to heaven if you live a "righteous" Islamic life, for one. Now unfortunately in modern times, and as with ANY religion, people have put their OWN views into the Qu'ran, interpretting the passages into fitting their own agenda, thus the misconception of Jihad and the use of the word by extremists.

Oh I see! So you believe everything you see on the news? Do you know anything about Islam? You believe Islam is a suicide religion because these people do and say it? From what I have heard Islam is not suppost to be like that. People use it as an excuse. If you only get that from the media then it might be wrong. I have heard muslims say it is a peaceful religion.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ June 20 2002,17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh I see! So you believe everything you see on the news? Do you know anything about Islam? You believe Islam is a suicide religion because these people do and say it? From what I have heard Islam is not suppost to be like that. People use it as an excuse. If you only get that from the media then it might be wrong. I have heard muslims say it is a peaceful religion.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh dear...

So how come this woman becomes a hero because she was so happy foe her son to go off and murder innocent civilians? Of course muslims say it is a peaceful religion, christians say there is nothing more sacred than human life and yet you still had the crusades etc...

"People use it as an excuse."

Sorry missed that bit. This is what I've been saying for years. People have always used religion for personal gains. It was used in russia to keep the people under control and it has been the 'reason' for countless wars.

NO NO I'm not being a bastard here, altho unfortunatly sometimes it may seem so. Just being passionate about my opinion smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ June 20 2002,18:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">NO NO I'm not being a bastard here, altho unfortunatly sometimes it may seem so. Just being passionate about my opinion smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I can appreciate that. Hope you don't think I hold that against you. I think people get pissed off with me over similar things. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ June 20 2002,18:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ June 20 2002,17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh I see! So you believe everything you see on the news? Do you know anything about Islam? You believe Islam is a suicide religion because these people do and say it? From what I have heard Islam is not suppost to be like that. People use it as an excuse. If you only get that from the media then it might be wrong. I have heard muslims say it is a peaceful religion.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh dear...

So how come this woman becomes a hero because she was so happy foe her son to go off and murder innocent civilians? Of course muslims say it is a peaceful religion, christians say there is nothing more sacred than human life and yet you still had the crusades etc...<span id='postcolor'>

Not all are the same. The post you first made seemed to put them all into the same suicidal boat. Thats why I posted about it. I was just stating or trying to that its not all the same, thats where I said you were wrong. I guess there are muslims who see it that way and there are others that use it as a peaceful religion.

And yeah you get christians that fight wars or whatever and you also get christians that just go to church every sunday. They aren't all in the one boat tho I think.

I think we're on the same wavelength here. I have to go now, see ya moaning. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ June 20 2002,18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think we're on the same wavelength here. I have to go now, see ya moaning. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol

don't wanna know why you are going to see him "moaning"...

hehe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ June 20 2002,18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ June 20 2002,18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think we're on the same wavelength here. I have to go now, see ya moaning. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol

don't wanna know why you are going to see him "moaning"...

hehe<span id='postcolor'>

Oh real mature. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.<span id='postcolor'>

-Albert Einstein

About those Bile "inconsitances" can't God change His mind if hHe wants to? I think so.

lol Duke, dont give in what they say lol. Those really are not inconsistencies. They must read all the bible and consider it as a whole..........

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ June 21 2002,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They must read all the bible and consider it as a whole..........<span id='postcolor'>

It is a bit boring...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 21 2002,13:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About those Bile "inconsitances" can't God change His mind if hHe wants to? I think so.<span id='postcolor'>

He can ? Doesn't he have something like the "Divine Plan" ? If everything is so perfectly planned out, why would he want to change his mind ?

This also applies to people who pray. Who are they kidding ? If God has this divine plan, what makes them think he'll change his mind and grant their prayers ? To disrupt it all ?

In my honest opinion Bible should be filed under "fiction" in libraries. There is no solid proof of its rightful author or anything depicted there.

Shouldn't that be non-fiction? God does awnser prayers, He may not awnser them in the way you want him too, and yes God does have a plan for our lives, weather we choose to follow it or not is completely up to us, but it is always better to go by God's plan. I was not saying there are inconsistances in the Bible, just saying that yes God can chagne His mind, and when God orders killing, it is killing of the wicked, and that is not murder.

Who is the wicked?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">weather we choose to follow it or not is completely up to us,<span id='postcolor'>

How can I follow a plan of which I have no knowledge of ?

I don't understand why you keep trying to apply logic to something that obviously is not logic, and that goes for both religion, and Duke_of_Ray's perception of it.

Fighting that kind of thought with logic is like fighting a swarm of locusts with a spoon (or something...)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 21 2002,20:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who is the wicked?<span id='postcolor'>

You are!! tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How can I follow a plan of which I have no knowledge of ?<span id='postcolor'>

You have to ask God into your life and pray and read the Bible to understand His plan,which is perfect. The wicked are those who choose not to follow God.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ June 21 2002,19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ June 21 2002,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They must read all the bible and consider it as a whole..........<span id='postcolor'>

It is a bit boring...<span id='postcolor'>

some parts are boring, but some are really interesteing. God has a plan for every1 yea, that is all of us being his children and worshipping him but as Duke of Ray said, it is up to us.......

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ June 22 2002,05wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The wicked are those who choose not to follow God.<span id='postcolor'>

In other words, he is a tyrant who does not accept anyone but those who follow his every bidding. The dictator in the sky, haha

Duke of ray, you are a very naive and narrow minded person. I hope when you get older, you will dare travel the world and perhaps learn to understand that different people have different values, and many of these live great lives that does not follow your own little pathetic and selfassured path of thinking.