Sign in to follow this  
advocatexxx

God

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our religous teacher at school told us that science was evil and that its not our place to go out into space and stuff like that. This at high school. She said that this planet was made for us and that anything leading to space exploration is evil.<span id='postcolor'>

This reminds me of a movie "Contact" with Jodie Foster, in which the mankind has set off to construct an unusual machine of great size based on blueprints it received from radio waves originating at the star Vega. Many fanatical religious groups held the same stance, that doing this is "wrong". Eventually one Christian extremist ended up infiltrating this giant machine and blew himself while it was being tested.

Somehow I think it is our constant hatred for one another and the unconditional belief that each one of us is absolutely right, refusing to even listen to the other opinions or views. And we are prepared to die by doing what we think is right.

For such religious extremists it is the only way of life. They discount science, law, and resort to their religious writings which, some time ago have established those profoundly legal rules which "God" had spoken. Even little fluctuations and irregularities in a religion cause people to do murder, because the other guy apparently interpreted a chapter of the Bible in a different way, and after much disagreement, man's hatred for another caused him to do such evil deeds.

Somehow I think that for as long as there is a decent number of people who fall into this religious extremists group, then our overall progress in space exploration, science and world peace will be heavily affected.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where did the big bang come from then? And what existed before it?<span id='postcolor'>

ISTHATYOUJOHNWAYNE answered this very well. Our commonsesne notions of time cause our instincts to ask "So what was before then, and before then?"

Well, let me put it this way. Superstring theory has revealed that our universe is in fact made up of 11 dimensions. 10 spacial and 1 of time. They are ripping, tumbling on a microscopic scale where such unimaginable things happen we would feel stranger than Alice in wonderland.

I don't know about you, but I can't even imagine 4 spacial dimensions, much less 10. I mean now, in our 3-dimensional space we have height, width and depth. How on Earth can there be more than that ? I cannot imagine such things, I cannot !

So if we're unable to grasp such basic things as 10 spacial dimensions which exist on this jiffyland scale, how can we understand the fact that "Time" as we've come to know it simply didn't exist before the Big Bang. As a matter of fact, to ask "What was before the Big Bang" is somewhat of an oxymoron in a sense. Such question does not have an answer, or at least not one we could hope to understand.

We may think we're intelligent, that we are evolved, but on a cosmic scale, we're the little insects who live on their instincts. Who establish little imperfect laws, and with all the weapons of mass destruction, armies, hatred and strong emotional sense, we are trying very hard not to annihilate ourselves. Sure some well developed countries live in peace, people have plenty of shelter, food and jobs, though for the most part in this world, people live in constant fear, plagued by disease, hunger, poverty, unemployment, opressive political systems. After millions of years on this planet we are still as lost as we've always been. Trying to desperately to find our place in this chaotic myraid.

In my opinion, we have not evolved enough so that our brains could comprehend the concept of Big Bang and God. It is why such debates continue. It is as if you tried explaining the theory of relativity to a mouse. It simply cannot grasp the answer you give it, thus whatever the answers are to our questions may lie far beyond our understanding.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no jesus was just a fable story just like little red riding hood, stories told whilst sat round a fire at night to keep boredome away<span id='postcolor'>

I don't dismiss Jesus. Since his presence has so strongly influenced the planet over the past 2002 years one lies towards the possibility that he did in fact live. Maybe he was just a guy from the future with a bottle of Aspirin who healed people. Maybe he was a human with very well developed brain, and posessed abilities which perhaps not even we could understand.

But I wouldn't go as far as to make a family relation to God. Jesus is God's son ? If God is so wise and powerful, why would he still be bound to sociological family structure which primitive lifeforms uphold ? Does he have a wife ? Does she cook for him when he comes home from work ? Does he say "I'm home honey?". I think not.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also where do we go when we die ?<span id='postcolor'>

Einstein believed in life after death. Since energy cannot be destroyd, only converted, transformed and transmuted, then that extra element which drives us shouldn't just "die", according to science. Though maybe our logic and reason is flawed at this point.

We are only "here" and "aware of ourselves" thus conscious, because we percept our surrounding environment with our five primary senses, which relay signals into our brain where they are recorded in the short-term memory. I am here. My name is Michael. I sit in my chair, it is morning, I had just awaken, I had NOT eaten yet. I am writing a post regarding the subject of God, religion and other related topics. I know I am here because I can touch my desk, myself, I can smell the air, I can hear the sounds from the outside. Thus my mind concludes I am real, I am alive - I AM HERE.

Though when you die however, your heart ceases to beat. Oxygen and other vital elements are no longer supplied to your vital organs such as your brain, thus your 5 senses no longer work, your short and long term memory ceases to work and all which you acquired throughout your life will be forever lost in a decomposing organic pile of dead cells.

It's hard for us to grasp that, it really it. We find it highly unorthodox that all we've lived for, all we have learned and experienced, all we have so hard fought for will be lost for eternity once we die. We want to believe that somehow those bio-electrical signals that have been stored in our memory will be transferred to an invisible "soul" which will fly up to another place at the time of death. We want to believe that we will somehow, magically "see" and "hear" and still maintain all our perceptory senses.

I wouldn't go as to say that's impossible, as it's certainly a nice ending in a chapter of our life, but the truth is likely to be that we will fall into an endless period of dreamless sleep. One from which we'll never wake up. Then again, it's not like it will matter anyway, as we won't be conscious to realize it.

Death maybe the ultimate end, but who knows.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Really, before I start believing in God there's got to be some proof.<span id='postcolor'>

It's natural people want a proof of everything. I won't believe in this unless I see a proof, or that unless I see a proof. Our lives and our law is bound on proof. To believe in something, to trust in something, to have faith based on no proof seems illogical, it seems foolish, yet 95% of our species still do so.

If an alien being came to our planet and observed us, and it would ask us why is murder punished, what would we say ? How could we show or proove to it that murder is wrong ? We could present what we think would be facts, arguments and counless array of diverse blabber, but in the end we would have no real way of convincing it that murder is wrong, yet we all believe it is. Lol, this is probably a terrible example, though my point is there are many things in our everyday lives which we simply have "faith" in, based on no proof. Perhaps God, if he indeed exists in the form we hope he does has intentionally chosen not to provide any facts of proof. Maybe he exists in realms which, unless we think on his level cannot be understood by us. We can just sit and argue.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ June 07 2002,14:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Smart kids are never bored.<span id='postcolor'>

Not always true.

The more developed the mind is, the quicker it picks up information and develop abstractions from the current item of interest. From any object or situation you can derive information, and the quicker you exhaust that information (unless you believe that any such object holds infinite amounts of information) the quicker you get bored with it.

@advocatexxx

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To believe in something, to trust in something, to have faith based on no proof seems illogical, it seems foolish, yet 95% of our species still do so.<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps for a truly contemporary debate on religion, the point of interest should be not the subject of proof but of choice.

Proof is a horse that's been ridden to the point of exhaustion, and what it comes down to is that "Proof" is as fleeting a concept as "God", meaning that God cannot be proven or 'un'proven, until an exact science of measuring divinity is perfected.

Making that choice, then. What in us decides? Are we naturally predisposed, is that choice an evolutionary benefit?

Socially, I'd be inclined to suggest yes. In a relatively small herd (or whatever the correct word is for a congregation of Neanderthals is smile.gif ), having a focal point might benefit the herd, might make it work better together. So those herds that had a religious inclination would outlive those that did not.

Damm it! You should have made a poll out of this thread. It would give us an impression of how "believing" people in this forum are! Also I would have liked to know whether people are protestants or catholics (orthodox or whatever). But I suppose people dont even know the difference between protestants and catholics (I do biggrin.gif )

Ones protest the others do not. lol.. Poll regarding one's religion ? Hmmm. Seeing how most of us in this thread either don't believe in God or believe in him without a tie to a particular religion I doubt many even know what religion they practice, if indeed they practice one

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ June 07 2002,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Superstring theory has revealed that our universe is in fact made up of 11 dimensions.  

-snip-

If God is so wise and powerful, why would he still be bound to sociological family structure which primitive lifeforms uphold ?  Does he have a wife ?  Does she cook for him when he comes home from work ?  Does he say "I'm home honey?".  I think not.<span id='postcolor'>

quote1:

Superstring THEORY. Theory does not reveal facts. It's just a theory until proven. I'm not saying I wouldn't believe in it, but rushing to conclusions is wrong.

quote2:

According to that bible thingy, God did not have a wife. Instead he knocked Maria up, and effectivly committed adultry, which I believe is supposed to be a death-sin in his own book. Therefore God has most likely executed himself for this felony.

I never stated superstring theory has revealed final facts. Though after reading numerous books on it and seeing how it's praised in the science community as the follower to the quantum theory I rest much of my faith in those scientists.

Lol, yeah I'm still curious as to how is it that Christians portray Maria as a virgin mother, when she obviously had to engage in intercourse with Joseph (is that his name ?). Unless she got pregnant in some magical way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ June 06 2002,16:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where did the big bang come from then? And what existed before it?<span id='postcolor'>

I think that there was no nothing before the big bang, but just an ongoing cycle. I think that the universe is just one big cycle. The universe starts with the big bang, then it expands, then reaches a point where the force of gravity becomes to great, and the universe begins to come back in on its self. After this, the the big bang happens again, and again, and the cycle contiues.

More importantly, earth is created again each time around, and so are humans. So in the next cycle, after the universe has collapesed back in on itself, and the big bang occours. I think that all of us, will be here again, and we will lead a similar life as the previous one.

So it is fair to say that nothing existed before the big bang, because there was no before its always been there, and will always be there.

But most importantly this all ties back into god. I am a Catholic, im may not be the best one out there, but i still see myself as one. I try to go to church as much as i can, this ends up being about once a month, and i believe in what the religion teaches. For all of the people who dont believe in god, and think that religion is just a way to keep people under control. You obviously have never conected with god. When i recieve communion at church. I really see it as the body and blood of jesus, not just a symbol, and when i receive it,i connect with god, in a way that is unexplainable, and only understandable by people who have recieved him.

As for the theory of evolution, i do believe in it. I think that god triggers it, so that the single cell organisms arent killed off and humans form. I think that the story of adam and eve is just a parable, along with many other stories in the bible. And i think that when we die, we go to be "judged", and then sent to where we belong, hell if we have lived an extremely sinful life and heaven if we have lived a relitivly non-sinful life. Then when the next cycle of the universe comes, we will be living similar lives as the previous one. But there is an exception, which somewhat ties back into the theory of evolution. If we led a sinful life in the previous cycle, then we have choice of changing our destiny by curving off the line of fate and not making the same sins as the time before. So to all of the people who dont believe in god, all i can say to you is good luck in the next life.

Thats just my 2 cents.

@advocate

"At one point the church sold so cald "pardons", which after purchasing they would forgive you of your sins."

-These were called indulgences, and i agree that this was very wrong. And martin luther also saw that they were wrong, and this was one of the leading causes that he reformed thus forming the protestant religoin. He believed that salvation was acheived through faith alone, and that selling these so called pardons was wrong.

Years later in the Chatolic reformation, officials reformed the church and did away with indulgences.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ June 07 2002,01:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unless she got pregnant in some magical way.<span id='postcolor'>

i guess you could call it magical, but i call it god

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ June 07 2002,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, let me put it this way.  Superstring theory has revealed that our universe is in fact made up of 11 dimensions.  10 spacial and 1 of time.  They are ripping, tumbling on a microscopic scale where such unimaginable things happen we would feel stranger than Alice in wonderland.

I don't know about you, but I can't even imagine 4 spacial dimensions, much less 10.  I mean now, in our 3-dimensional space we have height, width and depth.  How on Earth can there be more than that ?  I cannot imagine such things, I cannot !

So if we're unable to grasp such basic things as 10 spacial dimensions which exist on this jiffyland scale, how can we understand the fact that "Time" as we've come to know it simply didn't exist before the Big Bang.  As a matter of fact, to ask "What was before the Big Bang" is somewhat of an oxymoron in a sense.  Such question does not have an answer, or at least not one we could hope to understand.<span id='postcolor'>

People put to much meaning into the word dimension. In physics a dimension = variable. I can easily create my model of having physical space (3d) + time (1d) + temperature (1d) = 5 dimensions. Or my 2-d space could be shoe size (1d) and density of bald people (1d) = 2d space. So you shouldn't be intimidated by 11d spaces, it is just a mathematical definition.

As for superstring theory it is just as Gimbal says a theory. There have been numerous attempts to find some empirical evidence, but they have all failed so far. It is nice because it solves the conflict between the determinism of the theory of relativity and the stochastic nature of the quantum world in a mathematically nice way.

And this guy is one of the masteminds behind it:

hbech.gif

Here are his his fields of interest:

Going beyond the standard model. Fitting its parameters such as quark and lepton masses, mixing angles and fine-structure constants.

Random dynamics. (Could the fundamental physical "laws" be enormously complicated, but our well-known laws come out in a limit?)

Lattice quantum gravity.

String field theory.

Casimir effect.

Neutrino oscillations.

Baryogenesis.

Chaos in Yang-Mills lattice.

Why do we have three plus one dimensions?

Arrows of time and Hawking's no-boundary proposal.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ June 07 2002,22:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And this guy is one of the masteminds behind it:

hbech.gif

Here are his his fields of interest:

Going beyond the standard model. Fitting its parameters such as quark and lepton masses, mixing angles and fine-structure constants.

Random dynamics. (Could the fundamental physical "laws" be enormously complicated, but our well-known laws come out in a limit?)

Lattice quantum gravity.

String field theory.

Casimir effect.

Neutrino oscillations.

Baryogenesis.

Chaos in Yang-Mills lattice.

Why do we have three plus one dimensions?

Arrows of time and Hawking's no-boundary proposal.<span id='postcolor'>

I have much respect for him. I cannot understand why the media always seem to focus on his eccentric way of speaking and acting. I guess the narrow-minded will always put his focus on the part he can grasp and relate to. So because they don't understand what he says (and don't even try) they just laugh at his behaviour. Mobs suck, heh confused.gif

No offense guys, but maybe you shouldn't bash the superstring theory so much.

When Albert Einstein came up with theory of relativity much of it was in doubt at first, though once our technological advancement progressed, it passed with flying colors.  Was it not for people like Newton and Einstein, we never would have gotten to the moon, or be able to conduct many astrophysical calculations.

What stuns me the most is how constantly smaller the scale gets.

At first the ancient Greek philosophers prophecized that everything can be broken down to microscopic building blocks - atoms.  Later (few millennia later) this was proved to be right.

Then we discovered that atoms themselves are made up of protons and neutrons in the nucleus bound by gluons, and there are electrons orbiting this nucleus.  Yet later still we discover that neutrons themselves are made up of a proton and some spare electrons.  Today we are astonished to hear that even these subatomic particles are made up of strands of one-dimensional "strings" which wobble around in this jiffyland.

We have never seen the atom, we cannot, at least not directly, yet we know it's there.  All modern science, medicine and other fields which make use of this knowledge (which pretty much all fields of life do nowadays) all based on the fact that it's only been proven in all ways but direct visual evidence.

We cannot see the atoms, or electrons.  We can conduct experiments in which they will be detected in different ways, yet we know they're there.

Perhaps God for all he/she/it is exists within similar boundaries.  We cannot see it directly but we certainly notice the effects.  Just look around you.

Wow, I never realised that there were so many intelligent people on this forum, the last few posts have gone completely over my head. When talking about the universe, all of our struggles and conflicts seem pointless, if everyone on the planet was an astrophysicist or theologist, I think the world would be at peace. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but the truth is likely to be that we will fall into an endless period of dreamless sleep. One from which we'll never wake up. Then again, it's not like it will matter anyway, as we won't be conscious to realize it.<span id='postcolor'>

I have noticed that people always seem to talk about the end of life and never seem to give much thought to the beginning of it. It amazes me to think that trillions of years have gone by, all of them unnoticed by myslef or by anyone in existence today. Life is a strange thing, all of the sudden you're here then you're gone again, all in the blink of an eye. Is death much more different from what it was like before you were born? Is it just blackness? Has anyone here besides myself tried to think back to their earliest possible memory? From my perspective, there is no finite moment from when I went from unconsciousness to consciousness, it seems to be a sensation that gradually increases until I became aware of my existence. Maybe death is like that, but faster. Well, I'll find out when I die or maybe I won't because I wont be concious to realize it. smile.gif

As for my beleifs in religion and God: I do beleive that there is a God but I do not beleive in organized religion. Organized religion to me was just a power-grab made by the elite to gain control over an ignorant group of people who were willing to believe what they were told. Remember, the Catholic Church used to own just about all of the land in Europe. Churches were used as a method of control and a means of getting wealthy. If God exists everywhere, why go to a church to worship him/her/it?

Tyler

thats right Tyler, I go to church, but church is not required to believe in God. I am in a physics class and I just finished studying about all those theories u guys mentioned, too bad that they r theories and they r unproven. I guess I cant change the minds fo u guys, but its all about faith, at least I told my forum buddies what the meaning of life really is even thoe they dont believe me wink.gif .

God is 12 dimension. God is everything u see and don't see. We're currently living in 3rd dimension. We will understand what "GOD" really is later, when we advance to 5th dimension. Everything are just teories now, because we need an evidence for everything. We won't need cars, houses, computers in 5th dimension (mabye not even bodies).....

What about ghost ? Also aliens,I believe in the next 50/75 years(if were still here),we will come in contact with another life form.Ghost,What are they(other then dead people) ? Do you believe in them ?

Kinda off topic but when/if they rebuild the WTC in the same plaace do you think that place will be haunt ? I do.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 07 2002,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ June 07 2002,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Superstring theory has revealed that our universe is in fact made up of 11 dimensions.  

-snip-

If God is so wise and powerful, why would he still be bound to sociological family structure which primitive lifeforms uphold ?  Does he have a wife ?  Does she cook for him when he comes home from work ?  Does he say "I'm home honey?".  I think not.<span id='postcolor'>

quote1:

Superstring THEORY. Theory does not reveal facts. It's just a theory until proven. I'm not saying I wouldn't believe in it, but rushing to conclusions is wrong.

quote2:

According to that bible thingy, God did not have a wife. Instead he knocked Maria up, and effectivly committed adultry, which I believe is supposed to be a death-sin in his own book. Therefore God has most likely executed himself for this felony.<span id='postcolor'>

hm. God is not someone in the sky sitting on the cloud with beard. God is not HUMAN. GOD doesn't have a body. It was always hard to understand this word "GOD is all around us". Now i understand it. God is 12 dimension. Everything u see, hear, feel.... everything is god. God is the whole universe (space, everything...)

It is hard to understand this. Meditation helps.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ June 08 2002,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What about ghost ? Also aliens,I believe in the next 50/75 years(if were still here),we will come in contact with another life form.Ghost,What are they(other then dead people) ? Do you believe in them ?

Kinda off topic but when/if they rebuild the WTC in the same plaace do you think that place will be haunt ? I do.<span id='postcolor'>

Human soul goes somewhere else. Maybe on other planet. You will be able to choose your next role when you'll die if you are a good person. You can travel to other planets, where they live in other dimensions....

You won't be happy in next life if u are a bad person now.

There is no such thing as hell.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 07 2002,02:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hehe. 99% of our genes are perfectly matchable to a chimp. Bodyhair, shape of bones, etc is really just a minor thing.

Look at neanderthal skeletons. If you can't see the pattern, you are denying it to yourself because you don't wanna be related to a common animal. You really belive that all animals and then humans are two totally different things? Look at how people behave and you have the proof that it's not so.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok. This is our body. We have a soul inside this body. It doesn't matter where that body comes from.

Also. Do animals know what love is, do they have emotions.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ June 08 2002,07:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No offense guys, but maybe you shouldn't bash the superstring theory so much.

When Albert Einstein came up with theory of relativity much of it was in doubt at first, though once our technological advancement progressed, it passed with flying colors.  Was it not for people like Newton and Einstein, we never would have gotten to the moon, or be able to conduct many astrophysical calculations.

What stuns me the most is how constantly smaller the scale gets.

At first the ancient Greek philosophers prophecized that everything can be broken down to microscopic building blocks - atoms.  Later (few millennia later) this was proved to be right.

Then we discovered that atoms themselves are made up of protons and neutrons in the nucleus bound by gluons, and there are electrons orbiting this nucleus.  Yet later still we discover that neutrons themselves are made up of a proton and some spare electrons.  Today we are astonished to hear that even these subatomic particles are made up of strands of one-dimensional "strings" which wobble around in this jiffyland.

We have never seen the atom, we cannot, at least not directly, yet we know it's there.  All modern science, medicine and other fields which make use of this knowledge (which pretty much all fields of life do nowadays) all based on the fact that it's only been proven in all ways but direct visual evidence.

We cannot see the atoms, or electrons.  We can conduct experiments in which they will be detected in different ways, yet we know they're there.

Perhaps God for all he/she/it is exists within similar boundaries.  We cannot see it directly but we certainly notice the effects.  Just look around you.<span id='postcolor'>

The theory is still a long way from explaining the masses of the known particles. It also implies the existence of new particles in a form of "shadow matter," with which normal matter can interact only through gravity.

Advocatexxx: The strings are not building parts. They are an alternative representation of the elementary particles as string like objects rather than as the dimensionless points in space-time used in other theories. The string theory is one of many UFT's (unified field theories) that exists. The bitch in all of them has been gravity that doesn't fit. Anyway, for those who don't know it UFT's are attempts to explain all the physical laws whit one source instead of having special cases for each and every one of them. Einstein spent from the time that he finished his general theory of relativity (~1915) to his death in 1955 trying to create a UFT, but failed miserably.

There have been always two major fuck-ups that keep coming back: one is how you can have causal deterministic logic in the theory of relativity while quantum mechanincs is stochastic (random). The other one is gravity, since we havn't found any graviton particles in situations where we should have found them. The causality problem is a bitch:

Event A at t0 causes event B at t1 according to classical theory (t.o.relativity). Now, the world is stochastic on the quantum level, that is that you have a certain probability that something will happen at some time. If t0 and t1 are very close in time and move in different frames of referenece, then in QM it can easily happen that B occurs before A. But A caused B!  ... so that's still a big mess.

SpaceAlex:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">God is 12 dimension. God is everything u see and don't see. We're currently living in 3rd dimension. We will understand what "GOD" really is later, when we advance to 5th dimension. Everything are just teories now, because we need an evidence for everything. We won't need cars, houses, computers in 5th dimension (mabye not even bodies).....

God is not someone in the sky sitting on the cloud with beard. God is not HUMAN. GOD doesn't have a body. It was always hard to understand this word "GOD is all around us". Now i understand it. God is 12 dimension. Everything u see, hear, feel.... everything is god. God is the whole universe (space, everything...)

It is hard to understand this. Meditation helps.

Human soul goes somewhere else. Maybe on other planet. You will be able to choose your next role when you'll die if you are a good person. You can travel to other planets, where they live in other dimensions....

You won't be happy in next life if u are a bad person now.

There is no such thing as hell.

<span id='postcolor'>

What are you drunk? Or just a hardore Scientologist? smile.gif

I really hope that those were all jokes on your side.

Come on people!!! The birth of mankind starts when one of wobbles great...great...grandsons steal a timemachine 200 years from now , goes back in time and ejaculates into the primordial soup. tounge.gif

Heh ,If ya can't tell I enjoyed the Family guy"s interruption of creationism smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 08 2002,10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What are you drunk? Or just a hardore Scientologist? smile.gif

I really hope that those were all jokes on your side.<span id='postcolor'>

No, i'm not drunk. That's what i think. Don't read that if you think this is stupid. I know it's not. Stupid are things people think about God.

I do not believe in God, if you ask me, life is just coincidence, i believe that we were just so lucky that a couple billion years ago something happend that caused us to exist.

I do not know what that could've been, perhaps it was 'god', who knows? I can't prove that there is/was no god, this is just one of those things that human beings will never be able to accept, it's like saying that the universe never stops, we can't possibly imagine that. I can't imagine that at all, what if the universe stops at a certain point, then what's behind that point?

I never believe something without having a good proof about it, and as far as i know, there's no proof that there is a god.

Even the bible isn't real proof, it's just something written down, there's no real proof in it. (Please don't take this offensive)

Reading parts of this topic, i've also seen ppl talking about aliens and death.

I'll start with the aliens smile.gif

I don't believe in aliens (because i haven't seen any yet, give proof and i'll be happy to believe you), but i'm not saying that there couldn't be any aliens somewhere in the universe.

The universe is soooo huge that it's very possible that there are aliens out there.

If ppl talk about aliens everybody thinks about "ETs", little human look-a-likes that have eyes, a head, 2 legs, 2 arms, a body, they can talk and all that stuff.

Why does everybody look at them like an organic thing that looks almost exactly like us humans, that's just bs.

I also think that we spend waaaaaay too much money while searching for aliens, the use of radars is just pathetic, the "aliens" should be able to build machines to get the signals, they must be able to reply something and all that stuff.

This is just what i said, ppl think that aliens are just like us, in my opinion that's totally wrong.

Less than a month ago, a girl from my school got killed by a train while she was driving home from school.

It's so weird to see ppl getting killed just like that, one day they are happy playing, having fun. The next day they are gone..... forever....

Death is weird, but in my eyes it's fascinating too. Death has so much power, everyone fears it. I don't really fear death, i didn't like it at all when i was a bit younger but now i don't fear it that much anymore. Of course i don't want to die but i'll die some day so it's useless to worry about it. The more time you spend worrying about death, is more time of your (rather short) life that you've lost doing nothing. You can be scared as hell about death but it will come and get you one day.

~When death comes knocking on your door, go get your shotgun~ (i use this on some forums, very nice biggrin.gif )

I have a pretty horrible look on death, have you ever had this before? You get in your bed and go to sleep and when you wake up, you can't remember what you've dreamed at all, it looks like you've closed your eyes and then you opened them again the next morning without something between that.

That's what death is like to me, just nothing, everything is dead and rotten. No worries....

Perhaps there is life after death, but why does everyone think it's organic? Again ppl think like this.

Oh well i don't have enough time to keep writing, one day all of us will know what death is, perhaps we should meet again then..... if possible.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ June 08 2002,09:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 07 2002,02wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hehe. 99% of our genes are perfectly matchable to a chimp. Bodyhair, shape of bones, etc is really just a minor thing.

Look at neanderthal skeletons. If you can't see the pattern, you are denying it to yourself because you don't wanna be related to a common animal. You really belive that all animals and then humans are two totally different things? Look at how people behave and you have the proof that it's not so.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok. This is our body. We have a soul inside this body. It doesn't matter where that body comes from.

Also. Do animals know what love is, do they have emotions.....<span id='postcolor'>

emotions? you ASK if animals have emotions? What planet are you from?