Sign in to follow this  
advocatexxx

God

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ June 07 2002,11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ June 07 2002,11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For me I doubt there would be one god per planet. It makes more sense to me that there would be one god in the whole universe. Altho multiple gods wouldn't be ruled out.<span id='postcolor'>

Soo jesus is just a office worker for the bigger god,making sure everything goes alright? And every planet has one ,just so they can report back to the space god (i guess ).I don't know what i'm talking about,but that would kinda make sense would it not ?<span id='postcolor'>

What I was trying to say is that I believe there would only be one god placing life all over the universe, watching it grow everywhere. As for multiple gods I didn't mean they would be working as a team or such. Multiple gods that try to outdo each other is what I was implying.

As for that Jesus stuff you believe what you want. Some believe he never existed, others believe he was an alien hybrid. But according to the bible Jesus was not an office worker, he was a carpenter.

hehe, talking about the Big Bang and then trying to figure out where god fits into it, is just plain old weird. I better butt out of this conversation - it's a subject that is known to make me snap at one point or another.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ June 07 2002,11:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also where do we go when we die ? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That`s the question biggrin.gif

Well I think death is not a bad thing. While some kinds of dying are pretty sure. The problem is that people fear what they don`t know. And because noone came back from the dead and told what happened there, most people are indeed afraid of death. I think death can`t be bad, because everything has to die. It`s the normal way. I think death is like a deep sleep without dreams and thoughts.

I like sleeping, so I have nothing to fear smile.gif

That`s the way I handle death biggrin.gif

A topic about Religion.

My two cents about this.

Religion amazes me, actually. Not because I believe in God, although I think there must be something beyond our grasp out there.

The reason it amazes me is that loads and loads of people embrace their god and religion and just take it for granted.

For instance, a storm destructs their house and they say "Oh, it must've been God's will"

And what about muslims that are willing to die for their god? What's up with that? How did religion become such a big thing in their lives? Could it be poverty?

Yes, maybe it is poverty that causes man to cling to religion as some sort of a last straw. When all hope on Earth has failed, why not put your confidence in something you can't see? Something that's said to be all-powerful and loving?

Really, before I start believing in God there's got to be some proof. I guess some people are 'desprerate' enough to believe in an uncertainty.

i wonder what makes us humans so special that we come from a god and made in gods image blah blah blah

a phrase that was mentioned in the matrix which was suitable for humans was

" you humans populate an area, u use all its resources, over populate the area then have to move on to get more resources, you kill amongst yourself and destroy everything in your path, the only other species that work the same way you do is a virus"

or perhaps just like maggots "we eat, shit and die."

"i think it was this big rock that blew up.Sending crap everywhere."

You are dancing around the real issue. If the big bang came from a rock, who/what create the rock? If there was nothing before big bang how could there be a rock? If there was something before big bang, who/what created it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ June 07 2002,12:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"i think it was this big rock that blew up.Sending crap everywhere."

You are dancing around the real issue. If the big bang came from a rock, who/what create the rock? If there was nothing before big bang how could there be a rock? If there was something before big bang, who/what created it?<span id='postcolor'>

your right,I do believe in a god.:) but i was just saying that was the theory.

complicated explanation here:

http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Cyberia/Cosmos/InTheBeginning.html

an extract:

"At the instant of the Big Bang, the universe was infinitely dense and unimaginably hot. Cosmologists believe that all forms of matter and energy, as well as space and time itself, were formed at this instant. Since "before" is a temporal concept, one cannot ask what came before the Big Bang and therefore "caused" it, at least not within the context of any known physics. (At least one cosmological theory, however, predicts that our universe's Big Bang is part of a chain reaction in which the demise of one universe spawns the birth of many, parallel, universes. According to this scenario, our universe may simply be part of a huge, infinitely growing fractal.)"

i recommend reading at least some of it.

evolution is still the most likely explaination for the advent of humans

although actually it would be more correct to call it adaptation- evolution is a peculiarly 19th century concept-

that everything is moving forwards progressively towards a more advanced state, whereas really life just adapts based on survival in a given enviroment not necessarily conducive to a subjective judgement of what is 'better' (a mistake Hitler made)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 07 2002,12:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm just going to throw in a link, too.

The Big Bang and the Big Question: A Universe without God?<span id='postcolor'>

Interesting read, though I'm surprised by the "let's pack up and go home" mentality of those scientists who seem to think they've found the truth. Such things would require major unquestionable facts before being accepted scientifically. It's not enough to just say "we can't think of other options, so this must be it".

Why assume that it was a big static rock before the big bang? It might as well have been a chaotic inferno slowly fighting it's own gravity, then tip the scale, resulting in this massive explosion. That can easily fit into the open universe theory. Like a massive star turned into a supernova.

An entirely other thing ... if this rock (or whatever it was) held all matter and energy in the entire universe, it must have been one huge mofo! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ June 07 2002,12:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"i think it was this big rock that blew up.Sending crap everywhere."

You are dancing around the real issue. If the big bang came from a rock, who/what create the rock? If there was nothing before big bang how could there be a rock? If there was something before big bang, who/what created it?<span id='postcolor'>

Quantum mechanics and the general theory of relativity give an answer to that.

First the thing you must realise that time is not a linear thing that just goes forward. Time is connected to space (the time-space continuum) that is wraped intoa  sphere. There is no such thing as absolute position in time. There is no such thing as start of time and end of time. The same goes with space. It is a closed physical entity you can never come 'outside' of the universe. You also cannot say that something is outside the spehere, since the spehere itself is the time-space continuum.

The organization of space as it is can be explained by quantum mechanics. Its stocastic (as opposed to deterministic) features combined with the relative time frames of references of the theory of relativity gives the explanation. Before the big bang the time-space continuum was compressed into an almost singular point. A spark of energy was in a quantum mechanical way borrowed from the potential energy and set of the explosion. The thing we are not sure of if there was only one big bang or if the universe is pulsating. Current theories and experimental data point more to the second one.

Hey, that's fíne with me. I'm an engineer and about as spiritual as a log of wood. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then I`m pretty sure we`re BETA<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, and buggy as hell..

Nah, we are way smaller than even Alpha addons to God. I am not of an angel. I follow my religion in the way that i think is right. I dont pray to God 5 times a day, nor do i care about swearing at people. But i dont steal/hurt/or anything else.

The most interesting this is, you might of heard, that in Islam you have to pray 5 times a day.......BULLSHIT. Even though i am a muslim, i dont believe you should take all your time to do some fancy bows and putting your hands up and praying Arabic and all that. Its just not damn right, but i still think about Him whenever i am in a messed state.

Damn...i shouldnt of said that...lookaround.gifcrazy.gif

We might be hacked versions because I've noticed that FADE always kicks in eventually.

I read some more articles at that jewish site. It seems religious jews have a much easier time accepting science than christians have. I wonder what cause it.

Denoir: from what I hear and read, the ever inflating universe theory is the big thing at the moment. It's kinda creepy - space seems cold and lonely enough already. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 07 2002,13:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nah, we are way smaller than even Alpha addons to God. I am not of an angel. I follow my religion in the way that i think is right. I dont pray to God 5 times a day, nor do i care about swearing at people. But i dont steal/hurt/or anything else.<span id='postcolor'>

Funny... This is what we call "CIVILISATION" and not religion here in Denmark.

Personally, i dont believe in any religion. It is an Hoax made up to make people worship something together and get them together as a group. It was a section in evolution, but we are growing from it. The new wars some are fighting now, is because the world is getting smaller and smaller, and since people made THEIR religion in groups, these groups will meet each other. And in some cases where theres lack of intellegence and courage, this leads to war.

People that have some emtyness in their lives need something to do, and to believe in. If they dont, they will find themself a place with no desire to live, and no desire to conquer anything in life. Some people find it in their social life, some in the work they do.

And some people find a religion wich is, IMHO, the easiest way out. A religion contains a reciepi on how to live their life, a social life (in churche), and a reason to live. It is the easiest way out, and I can perspectivate to a danish saying:

Smart kids are never bored.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ June 07 2002,08:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is the easiest way out, and I can perspectivate to a danish saying:

Smart kids are never bored.<span id='postcolor'>

hehe.. that just reminded me of another cliche:

Idle hands are the devil's workshop

biggrin.gif

BTW, it's a natural law that all religious threads end in a flamewar smile.gif

regarding the scientist's calculation of possible numbers of planaets containing other lifeforms...

which one has OFP?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 07 2002,15:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">regarding the scientist's calculation of possible numbers of planaets containing other lifeforms...

which one has OFP?<span id='postcolor'>

it's located on planet Bughell in the Wacky Physics galaxy

Interesting how views of god over the years have been changed by science- science itself developing greatly as a result of the industrial revolution in England- so it could almost be said that machines (or mechanisation) helped to kill God

machines invented in ENGLAND

WHO JUST KILLED FAVOURITES ARGENTINA 1-0 IN THE WORLD CUP!!"$Å"

COMEONENGLAND!COMEONENGLAND!COMEONENGLAND!

COMEONENGLAND! biggrin.gif COMEONENGLAND!COMEONENGLAND! tounge.gif  COMEONENGLAND!COMEONENGLAND! biggrin.gif COMEONENGLAND! tounge.gif