Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

Hazar-Kot Valley

Haha, yes, I know about the pit of doom! that was just in order to make the elevation higher on the rest of the map when importing the terrain etc. (It was before I released you could set the minimun elevation yourself in a config when importing, instead of making the lowest point really low compared to the rest of the map to avoid the low parts of the map being filled with water), forgot to fill it in though, thanks for reminding me, I'll get to it!

Thanks a lot for the overview picture! I must say the snow looks quite natural from up there! I hope your'e enjoying it! I'm aiming for a release on friday (since I'll be away on christmas eve and christmas day most likely, but I'll be able to check in once in a while).

Edited by McNools

I love you, seriously this map is the only thing ive played since its release on Armaholic haha.

Can't wait to see more of your work after this one is finished :)

Release on armaholic? are you sure your'e not posting in the wrong thread? ;)

oh screw me, had 2 tabs open.. this and Clafghan..

Ignore please...

well, last sentence applies to you as well :)

I'm having some trouble getting airstrikes from the simple support module to work correctly. Sometimes the planes simply won't show up, but most of the time they do show up but don't drop their bombs, they just circle around the area making a lot of noise and being annoying. I've had these problems once or twice on official maps aswell, but here it seems to happen pretty much all the time, has anyone had any experience when it comes to this?

Maybe they don't want to risk blowing any of your sexy map up. :D

Artillery etc. works fine though, troop-drops aswell I believe? I'm guessing it might have something to do with the placements of the airports, since there aren't any on my map, however, my map-class is based on Takistan, so the settings for it's airports are there (at least you can see an airport on the map to the far east), does anyone know if this is the problem and how to correctly set this up?

Edit: I removed the airfield-config thingy completely by using the lines from the desert-map config, the airstrikes still don't work properly, the planes just fly around trying to drop the bombs but failing for some reason. Supply and unit drops work fine. Could it be the altitude of the map or something?

What say you (all of you) by the way, a public release tomorrow without working airstrikes (unless I can fix it somehow) as a christmas gift, or should I wait until I can get it fixed? The file is only about 70mb, so we're not talking huge downloads here, still, it would be nice if I could get this fixed before release.

Edited by McNools

Have you tried setting up the bombing run manually with AI?

If it acts up in that way I think that should be a priority.

If it only happens with the SOM module then I'd say patch it in later because im a greedy bastard like that ;)

Haven't set any strikes up with any scripting etc. But AI A10's places in the editor don't seem to have any problems blowing stuff up. Did a small mission where you lead a tank-plattoon racing across the desert against enemy positions while an A10 passes overhead firing it's missiles at them, so in that way it works fine, the SSM-airstrikes seem to be the only problem. And I've had this problem before on vanilla maps, but just every now and then, not ALL of the time.

I do remember seeing at least one succesful airstrike on my map before though, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Maybe it's the map size or something? I don't know :(