Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 86873

Tks, I didn't use the empty array, for instance:

hint format ["%1",[1,2,3,4] call BIS_fnc_arrayShift];

still report error.

Ah, yeah. Now I see. You're not supposed to pass the array "as is" to BIS_fnc_arrayShift. Instead you need to wrap it up in yet another array (the " functions parameter array" if you will... you know, the old putting an array in your array, since I heard you like arrays... :p)

So you need to write:

hint format ["%1", [[1,2,3,4]] call BIS_fnc_arrayShift];

instead.

Granted, I'm really not fine/comfortable with this design decision (or style) either (and also a proper function contract is missing; only an example is given...), but the function works as intended.

FXAA is quite impressive, it makes vegetation look perfect, and further objects look nicer, although it doesn't really smooth lines much and it causes flickering with thinner lines. Also makes scene slightly blurry but overall it is much better, and it costs less than 2x MSAA I guess.

FXAA is quite impressive, it makes vegetation look perfect, and further objects look nicer, although it doesn't really smooth lines much and it causes flickering with thinner lines. Also makes scene slightly blurry but overall it is much better, and it costs less than 2x MSAA I guess.

Yeah, it doesn't do anything for distant lines. Best result comes from a mix of MSAA and FXAA.

I don't like how text looks with FXAA enabled. The text is not clear and font edges are not sharp. BTW, I have removed white sparkling dots in game by unchecking "Use application settings" in Anisotropic Filtering inside Catalyst Control Center. I set 4X Per-pixel samples for my Radeon HD 5870. I don't have sparkling dots anymore! Who-hoo! I use Catalyst 11.11 and I set Low AA in game preferences.

Edited by Vipera

snip...

edit: my 3D_Performance changes between 93750, 100000 or 1500000 everytime I recreate cfg;

I don´t think the high value caused your crash, might be coincidence

i get this too, you're not alone. i get crashes when i use default video memory, and it decides to eat all my video ram up slowly. i crash out when i get ~100mb free. very high doesnt crash.

Just curious why arma2oa.RPT needs to filled with many lines of original addons in detail? Isn't it better to see something like:

"A2 addons ... loaded"

"OA addons ... loaded"

"BAF (light/full) addons ... loaded"

"PMC (light/full) addons ... loaded"

"123 addons ... loaded"

"456 addons ... loaded and overwriting:

<CA... addon>, <Misc...addon>

.."

Maybe add a option as parameter to create a more detailed report eg -testreport if needed?

Btw some vanilla A2 + OA sounds still cant' be loaded and are reported...

i get this too, you're not alone. i get crashes when i use default video memory, and it decides to eat all my video ram up slowly. i crash out when i get ~100mb free. very high doesnt crash.

Doesn´t matter that the value changes, I get same performance with each value, no crashes.

Using default memory, though (5850 1gb).

Has anyone had sound issues with the last beta (86705)?

I've used it twice to host a game for one other player and I cannot hear his gunshots. When he fires on full auto I can but not on single shot. I can hear the terminal sounds just not the bang.

Could it possibly be related to the Direct sound issues?

Yep we did right now. No shooting sound. That's on the latest beta on a linux server on the linux RC.