m1ud.jpg

STGN

It look really good!

I wish we could use that commanders Machinegun in OFP :(

Looks too much detailed for OFP. :p

How many points already have? :)

- 9797 4707 vertices

- 4112 faces

Textures: currently 2 for hole body, they are gonna be merged though, then one for interior and one or two with transparent items like the drive sprocket.

Should run okay, I think much better than the M1A2 SEP Which I am told have these numbers:

- 16353 vertices

- 7943 faces

- 111 textures

I am contemplating making a T80U to give good opposition but all that roundness seems in my head to be an obstacle to making one that looks equally detailed(but at similar face count) as the Abrams box construction requires little in terms of vertices needed to do the job.

Speaking of do anybody have some concrete numbers on the T80 like wheel diameter, cannon dimensions(not bore size), size of era panels?

STGN

Edited by STGN
wrong vertices number

Hmm I don't know how blender counts? I just did the numbers manually and it is 4707 vertices not 9797?

STGN

I do not know about the blender. More precisely, can only be seen in the O2.

Looking at the picture I would not say that there are 4707 vertices. :)

I can not open a M1A2 SEP to view. (16353 vertices too much) :shrug:

And I think the vertices should be less than ~9000, for the correct game. :rolleyes:

The M1A2 model is probable in ODOL format thats why you can't open it. I haven't looked inside it, but OFP can handle more than 16k, double in fact 32k is upper limit for a model.

STGN

Failed to even open PBO. I do not know why. :confused:

If we are talking about the vertices (points). And if the model is more than ~ 9000, then the game is usually an error... I have at least as...

Hmm never really tried that high poly models in OFP so I don't know, but at least Miki45 seems to succeed in having a 25k gun ingame HD-AKS-74-Plum.

STGN

Strangely... I heard that somehow through DXDLL can do that in OFP was so.

I do not use DXDLL ...

Hmm perhaps I guess, but it seems strange DXDLL would have that property?

Any way, tell me honestly, does my exhaust look big with this gun?

abransrear.jpg

STGN

Needs more dirt here and there and maybe you should also tone down colours - too vibrant for a camo. A bit of desaturation may help I guess.

Nice model overall. I love Abrams tanks.

Sure textures will get dirtied up but first when I am done getting all the details down on the texture.

The colors will probably get adjusted when I put it in game but I don't think a desaturation is needed. Here is the texture bare no other light source:

abramstexturebare.png

What I am aiming for is something like this M1A1HC in bush. Way too many people making addons have made the colors after how they look in shadow(look at arma2 US vehicles not realistic coloring to my eye), my self included but flashpoint does that well enough so you should try to aim for how it shows in sunlight, also photos have a tendency to give a dull impression of life and often make camo darker or duller than it appears to the human eye. After adding dirt I think I might have to make the colors a little fuller but we will see.

And thanks! :)

STGN

Keep in mind that OFP illuminates the colors. So you need to make them darker.

Looking at the "M1A1HC in bush" photo, i think the color tones for the camo are something roughly between this :

xyz2K.gif

and this :

aUFEW.gif

Nice little tutorial.

In the end only you,the addon maker, can decide what looks right.

As long as it's not wildly off and it looks believable then it's all good.

No matter what you do,someone will always have a differing opinion.

And as was mentioned,OFP tends to add it's own lighting variable

into the mix.So the intensity might need to come down a bit.

Nice progress on the model ST. :)

Well the gamma setting will of cause make things lighter which does require a darker picture than what you get off a camera. Anyway heres some revised colors, but most importantly I tried to make a simple dust texture on the side skirts, will probably make it darker to fit OFP, but still unsure whether its too much dust for woodland?

abramsdustside.jpg

STGN

In any area the hull and turret completely will covered with dust.

And in the woodland on the side skirts will be more dark dirt.

It would be nice to give it a kind of often used. :)

I tried to make a simple dust texture on the side skirts, will probably make it darker to fit OFP, but still unsure whether its too much dust for woodland?

Looks very nice, but "accuracy" depends on which time of year you're aiming to. This looks good for dry summer, for autumn it needs more dark, wet mud. Unfortunately, I think it's impossible to make "universal dirt"...

I think the Green color in the Camo still looks to light, just make it a bit Darker will be okay? Looks like the perfect color for it is the ones in the Tank Painting Tutorial.

the model is the best M1A1 made for OFP(IMO)! Just the Textures :rolleyes:

Did some ingame test and adjusted the colors.

abrams1.jpg

@Simcardo Thanks, its also the only one as fare as i know ;) I will be arrogant and say that, dimensionally, its the most accurate Abrams model in any video game :D

STGN