Sign in to follow this  
igneous01

Sniper Missions for SP and COOP (Team Shadow)

Im created this as a sort of "my missions" thread, with only difference being these will be devoted to sniping. I have been searching around for more stealthy sniper missions made by other people besides myself (so i dont have knowledge of all things in the mission :P) but sadly came across none of good quality. In particular I find it funny that no one has managed to take advantage of some of the custom islands like Lingor for this :O

so here is the first mission, in Lingor, comes with a SP and COOP mission for 2.

Chameleon (LINGOR) v1.0

2011102000001.th.jpg

2011102100001.th.jpg

2011102000006.th.jpg

Shadow is tasked to eliminate a high value drug lord in Lingors cartel.

Requirements: CBA, ACE, ACEX, Lingor Island and Units

Features:

-All the Scripts from the TS campaign for SP (spotting mode, disable ai movement, permanent hold fire so you can team switch, etc)

-SP - My own UAV script (this doesnt work in MP)

-Gear selection in briefing screen for both MP and SP

-Random enemy patrols using UPSMON - theres plenty of patrols on the northern island, but spaced out to keep things fair and allow -maneuvering through the jungle. Random road patrols and boat patrols as well

-Armed rebel boats

-Dog patrols!! This script adds so much immersion in being stealthy

-Briefing, with screens of the target, recon photos, and the ao itself for you to view. Taskhints, etc.

-Tasks are updated for both players and in sp both units.

-Custom Ghillie suits to match the jungle environment

to install:

extract the TS_Lingor_ML_SP into your single player missions folder, and TS_Lingor_ML_MP into the MPmissions folder.

credits to:

UPSMON - Monsada and others who have helped create this wonderful script

dog patrol script - Monovdd

IceBreakr for the beautiful map

brainbug for the ghillies for a change textures

links:

ACE VERSIONS

http://www.mediafire.com/?cl596sz8jn9wxey

http://www.4shared.com/file/qW_kOxET/TeamShadow_Chameleon.html

Chameleon SP & Co-02 (@)

NON-ACE VERSIONS

http://www.mediafire.com/?g24z2uh434xcxcc

http://www.4shared.com/file/tJ2ddjje/TeamShadow_Chameleon_NO_ACE_.html

will post more missions when i make them here in first post, and updates as well.

Enjoy

Edited by Igneous01

Igneous01 great job mate! Too bad I can't test it - I don't use ACE anymore.

Mhh Sniper Missions... good stuff.

But yeah, a version without ACE2 requirement would be nice. Not that I don't use it, just not all the time.

alright, i will work on a non ace version as well, since this one doesnt require alot of shooting skill.

Will update once I have it working

OK NON ACE versions posted, enjoy guys! and ofcourse thank you Ice Breaker for this beautiful map!

Edited by Igneous01

thanks, forgot to mention you dont need NVGs, 15 mins daybreak hits, but the island looks too cool in the early morning.

Yeah it's awesome only being able to see silhouettes. basically aiming at muzzle flashes is the only option. So much fun

Hello mate nice to see your working on an area that hasn't had much attention ;)

I was wondering, would you set up a dynamic mission much like what you have already, where you select insertion, patrols are random (calculated spawn to you settings of insertion) and the target is random every time?

The one area that is missing is a dynamic mission (like some already out at the moment with options) but is purely based on snipers. If I have missed an existing one then I apologise (and if anyone could link me it would be good).

Anyway, that takes nothing away from this, always welcome sniper missions and stealth.

To expand I mean something like "heres your base of operations" .. get next mission, targets and spawns change, insert, complete mission, return ... get next mission/briefing ... rinse and repeat type of thing? Even if the mission changes simple on start of mission from menu / restart. Or another way to explain, kind of Sniper based SECOPS style.

The ultimate dynamic sniper mission with mass playability for training :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Hello mate nice to see your working on an area that hasn't had much attention ;)

I was wondering, would you set up a dynamic mission much like what you have already, where you select insertion, patrols are random (calculated spawn to you settings of insertion) and the target is random every time?

The one area that is missing is a dynamic mission (like some already out at the moment with options) but is purely based on snipers. If I have missed an existing one then I apologise (and if anyone could link me it would be good).

Anyway, that takes nothing away from this, always welcome sniper missions and stealth.

To expand I mean something like "heres your base of operations" .. get next mission, targets and spawns change, insert, complete mission, return ... get next mission/briefing ... rinse and repeat type of thing? Even if the mission changes simple on start of mission from menu / restart. Or another way to explain, kind of Sniper based SECOPS style.

The ultimate dynamic sniper mission with mass playability for training :)

Ive thought about it, its possible, just time consuming on the dynamic mission creator (not that I wont experiment, as I have some pre existing mission scripts that I can build upon to just include recon, assasination, patrol, etc)

My thoughts were originally to use poker to win the game, at base theres a board with a random hand of cards (though random hand that is actually good) and the challenge is to beat the hand, and win the mission. Each contract has a card attached to it, successful missions give you the card in your hand, ace, king, queen, jack are all highly difficult missions, and 2 - 6 being easy. and 7 - 10 being medium. Choosing the right missions will give you the hand you need to win, so if the "house" (this case base) has 2 pair of 6s, and 10s, you might need to go for a higher 2 pair, or maybe 4 of a kind, or flush to beat it. But obviously attaining the cards is going to be a challenge of its own - lets say you have to complete some side missions before your proven worthy for a contract, so lets say completing a patrol, recon, and another mission grants you a contract selection. that would be pretty dynamic, probably very long, and entertaining.

hmm, now thats made me want to experiment a little: ill see what I can cook up for that.

Well Im glad it got the cogs whirring, because your description alone if came to fruition sounds like the dogs nuts of a dynamic mission and original challenge :)

I do know that asking is always assuming that its someone else doing the hard work, and under the hood the scripting is easier said than done, so I appreciate how simply posting a request is "easy" :)

If you did do it, no one else has ... you would own that! Then the community awards arrive, I would vote :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Thanks for the mission, it's nicely done. I liked the amount of information in the map briefing and the overall layout. I played through the non-ACE version. The spoiler contains an AAR.

From the start point I took a small boat and used the sea route to the airport. At the very end of it, I went ashore and climbed the nearest hill, hoping to have a look at the camp. But from there only trees could be seen. So I went northwest, hoping to get a good look at the base from the opposite shore side.

Eventually I stumbled over a couple of huts - I spotted them at the very last moment. Without GPS I was in the beginning not sure if this is the camp or not. But as no armed people were around and west of it there was no shore, I realized that this is certainly not. I did not want to alert anyone of my presence, so went back south and in a wide detour to the west around the huts.

When I arrived at the coast I spotted the camp. There was quite a lot of activity, armed guards and dogs everywhere. I still had a good 15 minutes before the target would appear according to intel, so I scouted the camp from several places. I decided to lie down where I could observe the road to the camp bend southwards. When the target would appear in a vehicle, I had planned to take out the vehicle there first, then the target.

While I waited, it appeared to me that spending some time on the range before the mission would have been useful. It's been a while since I used the KSVK, and I was rusty. Time went forward and I spent a good 20 minutes seeing guards walk by again and again.

But then the target appeared. Among all the camouflaged people at the camp, he stood out in his black suite. He walked, no vehicle to be seen anywhere near him. I aimed, shot, and missed. It took me four shots to take him down - complete lack of practice.

After confirming the kill, I crawled away from the coast, and once cover in form of bushes and trees allowed for, I started running to the south. After a few dozen meters shots were fired from my left flank, so I diverted westward. I was concerned as I now had to cross a large opening in front of me, or move even more to the west, prolonguing my flight. I went for speed over cover and took a chance. In the end I climbed aboard the boat I left behind close to the landing strip and made it back to base just in time for second breakfast.

Thanks for the mission, it's nicely done. I liked the amount of information in the map briefing and the overall layout. I played through the non-ACE version. The spoiler contains an AAR.

From the start point I took a small boat and used the sea route to the airport. At the very end of it, I went ashore and climbed the nearest hill, hoping to have a look at the camp. But from there only trees could be seen. So I went northwest, hoping to get a good look at the base from the opposite shore side.

Eventually I stumbled over a couple of huts - I spotted them at the very last moment. Without GPS I was in the beginning not sure if this is the camp or not. But as no armed people were around and west of it there was no shore, I realized that this is certainly not. I did not want to alert anyone of my presence, so went back south and in a wide detour to the west around the huts.

When I arrived at the coast I spotted the camp. There was quite a lot of activity, armed guards and dogs everywhere. I still had a good 15 minutes before the target would appear according to intel, so I scouted the camp from several places. I decided to lie down where I could observe the road to the camp bend southwards. When the target would appear in a vehicle, I had planned to take out the vehicle there first, then the target.

While I waited, it appeared to me that spending some time on the range before the mission would have been useful. It's been a while since I used the KSVK, and I was rusty. Time went forward and I spent a good 20 minutes seeing guards walk by again and again.

But then the target appeared. Among all the camouflaged people at the camp, he stood out in his black suite. He walked, no vehicle to be seen anywhere near him. I aimed, shot, and missed. It took me four shots to take him down - complete lack of practice.

After confirming the kill, I crawled away from the coast, and once cover in form of bushes and trees allowed for, I started running to the south. After a few dozen meters shots were fired from my left flank, so I diverted westward. I was concerned as I now had to cross a large opening in front of me, or move even more to the west, prolonguing my flight. I went for speed over cover and took a chance. In the end I climbed aboard the boat I left behind close to the landing strip and made it back to base just in time for second breakfast.

hah! nice one, and I enjoyed reading that AAR^^ I wonder if any dogs caught on to your scent momentarily?

Great mission, love the night, the island, the sneaking, but 50% of the time it crashes to desktop for me. I tried it with and without ace, with no mods at all, with A2Warmod, CoWarmod, GL4. It crashes when insertion point is near buildings, and I have the building addon installed. I walk 20- 30 meters toward buildings and it crashes the game.

It also always crashes when i call in UAV, as soon as I click...

Is there something I missed? Has this been reported before? Ireally like it and want to fix this.

Let me know ..thanks in advance.:eek:

Edited by BlackADD3R

Great mission, love the night, the island, the sneaking, but 50% of the time it crashes to desktop for me. I tried it with and without ace, with no mods at all, with A2Warmod, CoWarmod, GL4. It crashes when insertion point is near buildings, and I have the building addon installed. I walk 20- 30 meters toward buildings and it crashes the game.

It also always crashes when i call in UAV, as soon as I click...

Is there something I missed? Has this been reported before? Ireally like it and want to fix this.

Let me know ..thanks in advance.:eek:

interesting... I haven't experienced any crashes with it (although I have not tested in 1.6 yet) I will test it when I get the chance. I suspect GL4 might be responsible for the uav crash issue, as for crash when near buildings, check your rpt for crash dump, might be an issue with lingor.