Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Downloading the Full game - Sprocket

I deleted a key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SprocketDownloader\Dirs so the downloader let me choose the right download folder again. Resumed the download successfully.

Thanks for this info. :)

Deleting this reg key is definitely necessary in order to be able to select the download location a second time after restarting Sprocket. Without doing this, Sprocket will attempt to DL the whole thing a second time into My Documents. :mad:

I think a lot of people trying to run their pre-loaded install files tomorrow will run into a nasty surprise. Expect a whole bunch of complaints.

i get an error with the sproecket downlaoder. - first it only shows me my desktop and username/docunets folder on C: as options to downlaod to. Then when i click cancel it says cant find my documents.

It is not seeing my f drive. and i only have 2 gigs on my c drive (which is just for windows)

so i am downlaoding using freedownlaoder but i notice all the files have different sizes and afaik that should all be the same size. so now it seems i am stuffed,

Might download the last file manually tomorrow then if it wont let you choose download destination 2nd time around? Or is it only doing that if the download crashed?

EDIT: Sorted mine out, just cut and pasted the files to my Documents on C: for now, so when download is ready tomorrow will download it. Then can cut & paste them back to my other hardrive :)

Edited by konyo
EDIT Line added.

Does anybody know if any "mainstream" review sites will be publishing a review right after release for this game? More publicity is always nice, and the sooner the better! (I think DCS A-10c review was published like a month after release or something!)

Edited by BobcatBob

Just waiting for take_on_helicopters_setup.exe :)

Anny clue when the setup will be active in europe "Norway"

Looking forward to say goodbye to my wife and kids for a few hours and take a helitrip with a ice gold beer and some junkfood.

15:30 CEST. That's in just over 7 hours and 30 minutes as of this post. :)

I have just got up to do some home work (I am 39 years old btw!!!!). Should take me about an hour. Then what??? :butbut:

I am only 43. was working night. So here i sitt and do noting. Only drinking coffe and take me a smoke.

I've been sick for the past couple of weeks (flu) and then I was (un)lucky enough to get a shitty case of food poisoning a few days ago that I'm still trying to get over. Maybe food poisoning was a bad choice of words. In the past week I apparently developed an allergy to nuts. I did not know that you can just develop an allergy to something you were never allergic to before.... Learn something new everyday.

Now I shall go to sleep and wait like the rest of you... Hopefully tomorrow I'll be well enough to play both TOKH and Arma 2. If not, sadly Arma 2 will have to wait. Going to get at least 1 hour in on TOKH!

Okay.. done rambling useless crap.. Just excited to try out the full version (like the rest of you) as I've not been able to play the pre-order very much due to the above stated crap.

Cheers!

I'm 30s that's what I call a mature community! Cool No shitty hacking expected!

So the download files are finished, just waiting on the EXE. If I close sprocket, do I just reopen it once the EXE file is released?

So the download files are finished, just waiting on the EXE. If I close sprocket, do I just reopen it once the EXE file is released?

If you close it, you may need to delete a certain registry key before you open it again. Otherwise the Sprocket downloader will try to start downloading the files from the beginning, if you put them in any other location than "My Documents\Sprocket". See the previous page of this thread.

so are all the file sizes supposed to be different?

are there any checksums?

Cheers guys, dumb question though? Where is

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SprocketDownloader\Dirs" located?

Cheers guys, dumb question though? Where is

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SprocketDownloader\Dirs" located?

I assume you aren't familiar with the Windows registry editor?

Mmm not really. Maybe I should just download the EXE from the single links, unless you can give me some tips.

Maybe I should just download the EXE from the single links

Actually, that's probably the best solution. I think I'll be doing that aswell. :)

I'm going to do that aswell, just in case. Although I think the sprocket downloader will start with setup.exe, it was the same with the beta, first setup and then the bin files. So you can also probably just quit the downloader when setup has been downloaded. You'll have to move the .exe to your original file location though, where all the bin's are located.

Edited by zoog

Thanks for the Pre-load.....

Agreed. Glad i dont have to be doing that downloading today :)