Sign in to follow this  
sarcasticpcgamer

Any luck with flight stick flying?

Hrmph, seem to have had more luck flying with a stick in the CP... And had more options of turning things on/off to help it make sense...

But In this beta, I am having hard time understanding anything... I move my cyclic 1 micrometer and the game interprets it sometimes as if i thru the throttle to 100% from take off...

The bird also always wants to fly backwards... constantly fighting it to keep its nose down almost as if the rotor weighs 3500 lbs.

You can change controller sensititivy. I suggest you play with the controller settings a bit to find the sweet spot. It does not have to be all linear all the time. As for the backward flight tendency, you have to trim or apply cyclic pressure manually. After a while this will come naturally and you will no longer feel like you were fighting the chopper.

Happy landings

Also check you difficulty settings. In the beta you might be using harder difficulty (expert) compared to how you played in the preview (some difficulty settings didn't even work right in preview if if i remember correctly).

I am in expert...

Don't think it's sensitivity, as i have a X65f with 4 settings of sensitivity all feel the same except the tighter i make it the more i have to break my wrist to stay level.

I test my calibration and its absolutely perfect...

No matter what setting I change, i feel its the same... very odd to the CP where I eventually learned how to fly... and then reset back to normal... Here i can't progress whatsoever...

Try trainee, see if that resembles your experiences with the CP. Because it sounds like you just have to re-learn with the more advanced flight model and without any aides like auto-trim. Could also be an error/bug, but it sounds more like user error atm. So I'd advise to compare with trainee difficulty first.

I never use auto trim.

Is there any way to get off beginner in the "FLY" missions? All the other missions seem like they could be "forced" a bit with not a lot of options that should be there.. I do have my profile set in expert, but it says beginner in the bottom of all the missions with no apparent way to toggle....

If you are in the mission select screen you can click on the difficulty name for example "beginner" and it toggles to the next difficulty level. When you start the mission it will be in the difficulty selected in the mission screen. Also, to check which difficulty you fly you can press Esc in-game and the difficulty will be shown at the bottom of the pause menu. And yeah, you can tinker with specific difficulty settings for every category in the game options menu.

I am in expert...

Don't think it's sensitivity, as i have a X65f with 4 settings of sensitivity all feel ...

do you have tried the ingame controller settings?

do you have tried the ingame controller settings?

yes, havn't found any use for them.. realistically im starting to think its impossible to fly with a flight stick and pedals in expert mode..

even if i can occassionally just fly normal.. i will eventually for no reason just fall out of the sky or go nuts..

You need more practice. Everybody has to deal with the learning. Quite an arrogant attitude to think it's impossible if you can't do it. I guarantee it can be done as I fly on expert and with a stick, pedals and a collective. btw if you go too fast you're gonna stall the blades.

Edited by BadWeather

You need more practice. Everybody has to deal with the learning. Quite an arrogant attitude to think it's impossible if you can't do it. I guarantee it can be done as I fly on expert and with a stick, pedals and a collective. btw if you go too fast you're gonna stall the blades.

x2

I can fly with stick + pedals in expert. It's sometimes hard, but it's possible

It's possible to fly on expert with stick + pedals; keyboard + mouse; stick alone; full hotas or even on dual pad! So it's only a matter of your skills.

x2

I can fly with stick + pedals in expert. It's sometimes hard, but it's possible

Maybe if the collective actually worked somewhat correctly & realistically.

Quite frankly, i been seeing the same static phoney praise and support comments across all the outside forums as well as here.. Sounds like a lot of corporate trolls saying this and that, but fact so far is.. no one has ONCE commended the flight controls in this game with any real merit..And no one will, because quite frankly, i don't think the team has the slightest capability of covering all aspects...

From what I gather, i dont even think they play this game... just develop it for Arma 3 then make whatever they can on the side... It shows

10 bucks says you cant even hover in a 500 yard radius in expert with FS&P.

Yup, Im pretty much calling out the trump cards.. I've seen and tested enough. Probably have 10times the hours wasted in this software than the developers themselves

I'd really love to have some of whatever you are smoking. :rolleyes:

So all the people loving the controls+FM are "corporate shills"... and where are all the other complainers like you? I guess they're being paid too, to keep quiet... it's the only logical explanation.

From reading this thread, it seems to me like you need to either enable autotrim or learn to use manual trim properly. Simple as that.

From reading this and other threads, it seems to me that sarcasticpcgamer is just sarcastic pc gamer. Simple as that.

From reading this and other threads, it seems to me that sarcasticpcgamer is just sarcastic pc gamer. Simple as that.

There's a difference between sarcasm and plain old fashioned bollocks.

In other games I've balked after first trying things like mid air refueling or maintaining a hovering etc etc etc. You get there eventually and that's the fun.

If you can't do it at first there no reason to pooh pooh the developers, you either need to change some settings or you're doing it wrongâ„¢.

I'm sorry that you spend money on a product you don't like. Clearly it doesn't suite you. All I can say is goodbye and enjoy other games, instead of wasting your time on TKOH and these forums. There are enough other games out there.

Bye.

There's a difference between sarcasm and plain old fashioned bollocks.

+1 for that mate.

Oh err, sarcasticpcgamer bloke, if you cant do something do you always whinge about it or do you find some bollocks ^^ and actually try to improve?

Over to you mate...

maybe he is either trolling or full of shit. maybe both. he makes exaggerated statements then refuses help/advice offered and then jumps to a blown out of proportion conclusion.

not sure why i'm feeding the troll thread. guess im hoping he's not actually a troll and his problems with controllers can be solved, even though when encourage to do so he actually hasn't seemed to go to controller settings page which would allow him to fine tune his collective response or at least see numerically how its acting to provide more feedback to allow people to help.

I think the issue of OP is because the throttle has not been assigned to the analogue collective.

Use trim constantly. When you have the chopper aligned in the desired plane set trim. To fine tune, use trim as well, but on this case with the POV on the stick. Manual flying is hard sometimes, specially in expert. If you are not happy with trim set then reset it, but consider that stick will come to 0 and it may have an impact on the current helicopter plane if trim was previously set (ship will surely raise the nose suddenly). Important: pedals are set also when you trim the cyclic, be careful.

A general rule for choppers: move controls veeeeeery smoothly

Edited by geloxo

I think the issue of OP is because the throttle has not been assigned to the analogue collective.

Wrong.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Use trim constantly. When you have the chopper aligned in the desired plane set trim. To fine tune, use trim as well, but on this case with the POV on the stick. Manual flying is hard sometimes, specially in expert. If you are not happy with trim set then reset it, but consider that stick will come to 0 and it may have an impact on the current helicopter plane if trim was previously set (ship will surely raise the nose suddenly). Important: pedals are set also when you trim the cyclic, be careful.

A general rule for choppers: move controls veeeeeery smoothly

The trim is acting very "FAKE", anyone who plays with it knows what I am talking about..

To the guy who says, I should enable auto-trim.. lol, what a joke.. why even fly?

Probably sums up the rest of this places true angle.. auto trim FTW!

And so far, you all call me out.. but yet to see any proof.. got external videos of you flying in expert mode with stick and pedals... post em...

otherwise. call out your BS all you want, its that attack on negativity that = trolling.... It appears you all just can't handle the truth.

If the stick/pedal flight system in expert was anything like that in real life, there'd be a helicopter crashing every 5 minutes.

Edited by sarcasticpcgamer

The trim is acting very "FAKE", anyone who plays with it knows what I am talking about..

So are you a real life pilot or something? Just wondering, since you seem to have an idea how trim should behave in reality. Otherwise calling the implementation in the TakOH flight model "FAKE" would be a bit of a stretch.

To the guy who says, I should enable auto-trim.. lol, what a joke.. why even fly?

Probably sums up the rest of this places true angle.. auto trim FTW!

Autotrim is there so you can learn the flight model bit by bit. I used it up until about a week ago and it was very helpful. Since you have found it necessary to jump right into expert and are now struggling to control your chopper, I can only repeat my suggestion to either dial the difficulty down a notch and learn to fly properly, or as others have suggested to correctly configure your controls, instead of coming here and venting your self inflicted frustrations on the rest of us.

And so far, you all call me out.. but yet to see any proof.. got external videos of you flying in expert mode with stick and pedals... post em...

I don't have any videos, but if you like I'm sure we could set up an MP mission on expert mode with autotrim and all the other helpers forced off. That way you can see other people actually flying instead of just reading about it. ;)

otherwise. call out your BS all you want, its that attack on negativity that = trolling.... It appears you all just can't handle the truth.

Funny, the only BS and trolling I'm seeing here is coming from you, and judging by your attitude I'd say "handling the truth" isn't exactly one of your strong points either.

If the stick/pedal flight system in expert was anything like that in real life, there'd be a helicopter crashing every 5 minutes.

Just keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you feel better. :)