Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

Thanks man...ill follow up.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Hi Gunter, I was running with JSRS and Blastcore so I will retest with only COSLX. Thanks :)

Ah ok, sounds it might be JSRS conflicting with something, or a bug in the sound mod itself, dont think Blastcore would do it as it wont effect sound.

Suggest try COSLX with just JSRS alone and see if you get the same problem.

I know no one has posted in this thread for 20 days but it's the most recent SLX thread I could find

Recently I am getting this error and when I mean recently it just came out of nowhere when I was editing/testing maps.

"Script SLX_Wounds\s\SLX_Wounds_Hits.sqs not found"

It's starting to grind my gears because I like to be able to heal my soldiers and myself instead of dying instantly.

Hi Welcome to BIS forums,

Its the only SLX thread other then the original, but as far as the script missing make sure you have SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout

along with SLX_wounds.pbo as that file requires those.

Are you playing with COSLX in Arma3, or in Arma2CO, and what exactly are you editing that brings up this message?

I am playing it in Arma2CO.

I was just in editor creating personal missions to play and all of sudden when I was done for time being and decided to play the said mission, that error came up.

Edit: I checked the COSLX folder and it contains all three SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout

,and SLX_wounds.pbo. Edit again: Error still continues even with the needed scrips/.pbo's.

Edited by Kingcgc

I really have no idea why that would come up, I never got such error.

I've never seen this either.

Agent Ransack can't find any script called *.hits.sqs anywhere in COSLX or the last release of Solus' SLX, nor any reference to it in the various files. Weird. Does the OP have some earlier version of SLX that is loading as well/instead?

BTW. a while back I tried both COSLX and the last SLX with just A2 (1.11) and the healing bugs (healed soldierssometimes stay down, red stars randomly re-appear on healed team members, etc.) are absent. All works just as it always did. The bugs date back to at least CO 1.59, so something changed either in damage handling, healing, or whatever. Will post an issue on Dev Heaven later this week.

Can someone help, i notice that even with slx_nogibs, i still have freezes because the 50 cal still explodes people. only now the gibs dissapear faster. But how do you make it so that even with slx_wounds, people wont explode into gibs? THANKS!

I liked the blood, not the dragging, lying wounded and gibs. What I did is open op slx_wounds; edit XEH_PostInit_Once.sqf, and there delete the things I don't want.

But how do you make it so that even with slx_wounds, people wont explode into gibs? THANKS!

Its part of SLX_wounds, you would have to alter the scripts, and or remove such lines in the scripts to remove it.

For me not every round from a 50cal explodes a soldier, the farther away the less likely you are to explode them, what i found on my end at least.

I'm interested in using some mods or scripts that will enhance AI behavior and I've been browsing the info in Chris Bayliss' signature.

In particular, I would like to make some ACE missions where a few things that bug me in stock game are addressed:

1. AI _independently_inhabit buildings and fire from inside buildings (meaning I don't have to set a position inside the building using a copy location radio trigger and resulting in them being rooted to that spot). I'm gathering that GL4 is my best bet for this? However, this will only affect missions that are made with GL4?

2. AI ability to hone in on muzzle flashes and return fire while under fire is somewhat reduced (I am already running tpwcas and zeus so not sure this needs to be enhanced more).

3. AI accuracy while under fire is reduced (again I think tpwcas might have this covered already)

My personal preset in Six Updater includes 40 entries, mostly content stuff (RH pistol, islands like Lingor, etc.), a few interface/player action mods (e.g., MK4, sthud, st_movement, st_bunnyhop, rg_trueuser) a few major things like ACE (all packages) and ACRE and then a few smaller AI mods (tpwcas, zeus).

My questions for you Gunter:

A. If I add DAC, GL4 and CoSLX to the, can I expect it to run okay?

B. Given the three objectives I outlined above (but especially #1) is it overkill to run both GL4 and CoSLX with what I already have?

C. Obviously DAC is a different kettle of fish, but will this all work well together you think?

All I can say it should be alright and try it. I have run alot of Ai mods together (COWarMod) with all the AI stuff together minus GL4.

Test, tweak, and test, til you get what you want, your basically asking and answering your own questions.

Is there any one else here who often has issues with weapons firing after using this mod ? Often the weapons will shoot fine and then all of a sudden they no longer respond to the primary fire button key. Only after repeated presses does the gun refire, and only for a short while.

The SLX_wounds pbo is what seems to cause this.

Anyone else use SLX mod with unsung?

Without the SLX Wounds mod there is no issue.. So im not sure what about the slx mod would cause this?

Edited by crazyquick

Hi, never had the issue, but sounds like their is a conflict with Unsung for sure in relation to that file as you have said.

SLX_wounds is just a file/feature of the mod in whole, if SlX_wounds is giving you trouble then remove it along with:

SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout, as they are needed for SLX_wounds.

But in SLX_wounds, what might cause it could be the

Dropped weapons:

Dropped weapons can be destroyed by using the action menu close to them or by damaging(by shooting, etc) them to 50%. They can only be picked up by the action menu.

They are affected by physics and can get thrown into the air from explosions.

not 100% sure on that but my guess is if your having issues with weapons then scripting with weapons in the file could be conflicting with something in Unsung.

My advice is to post a fresh rpt after you get the issue, and lets see if there is anything listed.

If anything as you seemed to have found out you could just remove SLX_wounds.

I really appreciate the help! Yeah I'll also tinker with the scripts in slx wounds and see what is causing it. I hope that we don't have to remove slx wounds, as it's the greatest blood/ first aid mod out there. I hope someone else can also help to try and see what in slx_wounds affects the weapon firing, because not only will my weapon not fire but grenades won't throw. Basically with slx_wounds anything involving weapons is often not working. (Shooting/ throwin grenades, etc)

I just don't know what file or script in the mod has I do with weapon firing???

Remove this file SLX_Anim_GrenadeThrow

if you have it in your COSLX currently, this could be causing the grenade issue cant say for sure.

I actually only have the slx_wounds pbo so I know the issue is with that. I will open that pbo and see what in it I can configure to stop the weapons from not firing. Think that will work?

The file has alot of scripts in it, yes i think it can work, we have updated the files before to eliminate or fix something, just need to find it,

so check it out and see what you find.

Discovery, trial and error is the path to learning and wisdom so go for it!

Well the problem of weapons not firing in SLX_Woudns with unsung vietnam mod can be solved by either scripting or removing the SLX_Wounds_Damaged.sqf file from the SLX_wounds pbo. its located in slx_wounds\f\SLX_Wounds_Damaged.sqf

Specifically, delete this line:

// drop secondary weapon so it can be destroyed;

if((damage _unit==1)&&((secondaryWeapon _unit)!=""))then{

_2ndOnly=True;

["_armHit"] call SLX_Wounds_Func;

Edited by crazyquick

Maybe try this:

ORC_SLX_wounds For Arma2CO (Arma2 + OA) users:

The edited version of SLX_wounds created by(Orcinus) inactivates the weapon-dropping

is now released as ORC_SLX_wounds It is in COWARMOD1.2 already, so if you have that you will not need to download the separate file.

the file is tagged as ORC_SLX_wounds to avoid any confusion with the original (CO)SLX .

There is a short explanatory text file in the 7zip. The renamed file works fine in SP. I do not play MP so I have no idea if an MP server will object to it.

Note: If you are going to use this file, then please remove the SLX_wounds.pbo do not use both.

Links updated for download on the first page for orc wounds, mod man armor patch, and slx_wounds no flies.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Well the problem of weapons not firing in SLX_Woudns with unsung vietnam mod can be solved by either scripting or removing the SLX_Wounds_Damaged.sqf file from the SLX_wounds pbo. its located in slx_wounds\f\SLX_Wounds_Damaged.sqf

Specifically, delete this line:

// drop secondary weapon so it can be destroyed;

if((damage _unit==1)&&((secondaryWeapon _unit)!=""))then{

_2ndOnly=True;

["_armHit"] call SLX_Wounds_Func;

Thanks!! Also I don't want to have to delet this line. How do it edit it so the weapons won't jam? When I delete the line, theere is no option to drag injured bodies.

hi,

I'm using cowarmod and during a patrol with ai as leader after the first fight ai won't come back from combat to safe behaviour, I've tried with the high command module but ai still refuses the safe mode.

any suggestions?

Resolved!

The problem is caused by an SLX_anim file

hi,

I'm using cowarmod and during a patrol with ai as leader after the first fight ai won't come back from combat to safe behaviour, I've tried with the high command module but ai still refuses the safe mode.

any suggestions?

Bogart, your finding seems quite concerning.

Do you know which SLX_anim file is responsible for this?

As IIRC the SLX mod contains dozen or more SLX_anim files:

slx_anim_ai_lowriflemove

slx_anim_at_lying

slx_anim_binocularmove

slx_anim_crawl

slx_anim_death

slx_anim_grenadethrow

slx_anim_headbob

slx_anim_holdsprint

slx_anim_idle

slx_anim_injured

slx_anim_jump