Sign in to follow this  
PrivateWolf

Can someone tell me why I should buy Arma 2:CO instead of BF3?

You should expect some bias towards ArmA in here, though..

You know, this is the ArmA forum.

If you go to the Red River forum, there will be people telling you that their game and developer rocks, so go figure..

So, like someone said earlier, if you liked ArmA Free then you will surely like OA.

But no one exept you can tell wich one is the better in your case.

EDIT - @Tonic I disagree as thats not entirely truth.Just becouse some or most dislike project reality as MP mod doesnt mean its not worthy to try, as this is what i currently play and enjoy the most.

What :confused:

Yeah ArmA community will offer you for free much much more and much more often than what BF3 will call a DLC and offer for $15 every other blue moon.

Like ACE mod which is a one big realism+weapon whore dream

My team in Brazil tested the beta and just a few still plays it. Too much BFBC2 that gets repetitive after some time. ArmA has much more replay, mods, maps, free updates, etc.

Yeah ArmA community will offer you for free much much more and much more often than what BF3 will call a DLC and offer for $15 every other blue moon.

Like ACE mod which is a one big realism+weapon whore dream

Wait... ACE MOD? I thought it was an ace "Combat" mod where theres more jets and shit so I didnt like the idea of it being so popular.. but when you said weapon whore dream.. by god im gonna be so happy to play Arma 2:CO! and oh yeah whats the "big realism"?

Wait... ACE MOD? I thought it was an ace "Combat" mod where theres more jets and shit so I didnt like the idea of it being so popular.. but when you said weapon whore dream.. by god im gonna be so happy to play Arma 2:CO! and oh yeah whats the "big realism"?

Read here

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Introduction

then here

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Features

ACE is a realism mod plus a large weapons pack (BIS made real world armies carry a bit futuristic stuff they are not normally using now, while forgetting about some weapons of this period).

Realism of ACE is a magnitude of little details that make the game more complex (and enjoyable if you'll like it).

Here's an example:

You are a sniper who has to take out some target inside the village.

You come to a needed position, rest the weapon on the ground or on some small wall, take out your range finder, put a battery into it (done automatically for some time now), scan the distance to a target. Then you take out your windage unit and measure wind speed and direction. After that you manually dial values "into" rifle's optics using range/windage table (shown on the screen of course) and make a shot.

Compare this to vanilla:

You come to a needed position, take out range finder, measure the distance, adjust elevation through a very simplistic system (page up/page down) and make a shot. Yes vanilla game has no wind simulation...

Or let's compare medic systems

Vanilla: Come to a soldier, select option to heal, start healing him

ACE: depending on wounds you will have to apply bandages/heart massage/epinephrine/morphine/first aid, doing some of it once doesn't always help and IIRC when soldier is heavily wounded there's a slight chance healing may kill him.

ACE adds a lot of immersive details like that. Obviously best used in organized MP Coop (can't find it on public servers though)

Edited by metalcraze

Guys, horrible news they're out of stock in Arma 2: Combined Operations :( and they won't be restocking sooner or later... so I only have one choice Arma 2: Operation Arrow head.. should I take it?

Guys, horrible news they're out of stock in Arma 2: Combined Operations :( and they won't be restocking sooner or later... so I only have one choice Arma 2: Operation Arrow head.. should I take it?

Care to explain how a digital download can be out of stock?

Myke;2034609']Care to explain how a digital download can be out of stock?

Well you see.. my parents doesn't trust their credit cards to online purchases so the only place I can buy it is by retail in a shop in my country, and so what do i do now?

Well you see.. my parents doesn't trust their credit cards to online purchases so the only place I can buy it is by retail in a shop in my country, and so what do i do now?

There are ways to pay with your credit card without any risks : one of them is electronic credit card. Your bank gives you a user name and a password, giving you access to a tool that generates a credit card number valid for only one purchase, and only for the given amount.

Well you see.. my parents doesn't trust their credit cards to online purchases so the only place I can buy it is by retail in a shop in my country,

paypall is also pretty usefull...

and so what do i do now?

earn your own money?

Paypal would be the way to go then. You can transfer money directly from your bank account to the paypal account without ever using any credit card information at all.

^Well thanks for all the advice guys, I'll get back to you all as soon as I do that

Myke;2034609']Care to explain how a digital download can be out of stock?

I can't see the purchase button in the link you gave me.. so should I buy it on steam where its cheaper?

it doesn't say buy, it says add to cart. Same thing though

With Sprocket all money go to BIS and you get no DRM plus original setup files (just install and play whenever and wherever you wish)

With Steam only a fraction of money goes to BIS and you have to launch their client every time and can't keep plain installation files on your HDD or DVD

Whatever fits you better

With Sprocket all money go to BIS and you get no DRM plus original setup files (just install and play whenever and wherever you wish)

With Steam only a fraction of money goes to BIS and you have to launch their client every time and can't keep plain installation files on your HDD or DVD

Whatever fits you better

i do own arma CO steam version, you can launch both games through steam, or just simply through Arma2/OA.exe, it doesn't FORCE you to have steam enabled.

I'm quite happy with steam, 25€ for CO isn't even high for such awesome game like Arma.

$30 for ArmA: CO vs. $65 for CoD: Black Ops.

I think I know what option is better.

Edit: I got Armed Assault from GamersGate and have had no problems, but I got ArmA2:CO from WalMart for $30 though it seems they don't carry it anymore, just the A2: Reinforcements pack.

Edited by Colosseum

Whatever fits you better

Hoorah, for BIS! I found how to pay now im persuading them smoothly to buy the game :PP

here is why you should buy arma 2, 1 its cheaper, 2 its got more content....the game it self is of a higher quality, where those who were involved in making it actually put thought in to it...

here are the reasons why you should not buy bf3....because games like that are made for mass consumption, these types of games are dumbed down for the public, and are meant as a mindless (you do not need to think) distraction....bf3 is a joke, and unless you are just another dumb small minded easily entertained american (or a child )you should stay away from bf3....bf3 and the producers of that game are a joke, and have done nothing but a disservice for PC gaming.....

I quite agree, I don't need to give EA Games any more of my money.