Sign in to follow this  
Guest Titanium

Should "gunslingers" be made official?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gunslingers merely opens up to things that are already in the game. Its adds nothing new. <span id='postcolor'>

Well then, why add it when it adds nothing new?

Guest Titanium

kegetys. everything added by gunslingers is already in the game. They just seperated it and made them for individual use. and viper, it would be good to add it becuase you can use more things to create more unique and better maps.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Titanium @ June 01 2002,23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">kegetys.  everything added by gunslingers is already in the game.  They just seperated it and made them for individual use.  and viper, it would be good to add it becuase you can use more things to create more unique and better maps.<span id='postcolor'>

It does add new classes into the game, objects into the editor that just happen to use models already in the data3d.pbo. Kinda like many other unofficial addons out there that use same models in-game already but they have different parameters in the config(and sometimes textures for the model) to make them new units.

But, people can already use it to make more unique and better map... no, missions. But, as it has its problems I dont think it should be official, plus I think its copyrighted to Xmp already...

But its kindof pointess to arque about this, as im pretty sure BIS wont add it into any official patch anyway for numerous reasons.

Guest Titanium

Kegetys. How can i find out all the techinical names for everything in the game? They way i add buildings is changing the line in the .sqm to whatever building. But i only have a small list that i got from ofp edidting center. How do i get a complete list?

It's such a pain in the you know what to manually add an object and even more pain for the potential downloader to put in the mundane objects everytime he/she wants to play a new downloaded mission. It is a no brainer to me that they should add this to the inside of the mission editor. Everyone would benefit. And you know what it wouldn't be hard to add a new category for "additional" addons so you fellas that don't want to see the clutter don't have to. The "clutter", man, you're making useless excusses now. Tell me how many times you've downloaded a mission that the reviewer says needs no addons only to get it started and it crashes because it says something like you don't have the "streetlights" addon or something. It's always something!

Come on we don't need this hassle.

They should just add all of the objects that are in the game in the next patch. It would not have to be Gunslingers addon they can just say "we decided to allow access to all game objects in the mission editor" and thats it Gunslingers would have nothing to do with it and no say in the matter either since this game and all the objects in it belong to BIS and Codemasters, the makers of the game.

Guest Titanium

I want a BIS developer as well as anyone else who has thinks why this shouldnt be added, come into this post and list every reason why they think it shouldnt be added. I wanna see how many I (we who support this) can answer.

Plus Gunslingers also messes up the tanks, i cant see no hud, so i just had to get rid of it.But i like the buildings you can place on the map, but thats probably all i think i like about it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ June 02 2002,07:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Plus Gunslingers also messes up the tanks, i cant see no hud, so i just had to get rid of it.<span id='postcolor'>

Search The FAQ for "hud patch" and download the patch from the first matching FAQ item.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZizleyBEar @ June 01 2002,19:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">who did talk about some campaign game that was pubished?

i purchase somthing called "between the lines" a few days ago. Has anyone of you played this one? what is it and is it good?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And the fact that Gunslinger sold out to those scummy German "developers" who released a shite unauthorised campaign<span id='postcolor'>

Is that the campaign you are talking about?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes that's the campaign I was talking about, according to most accounts it's a pile of shite.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes that's the campaign I was talking about, according to most accounts it's a pile of shite. <span id='postcolor'> Well Damn that was 15 $ of wasted money mad.gif

Btw i didnt get it what did those Geramns that made this shite had to do whit Gunsliner confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZizleyBEar @ June 02 2002,18:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Btw i didnt get it what did those Geramns that made this shite had to do whit Gunsliner  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

GSEU objects are used in BTL.

Here is what I believe. Forget Gunslinger. I and probably everyone else does not want clutter. Now if they did add a limited number of special use objects I would appreciate it. A few bushes and trees for creating camo bunkers. A few buildings to make towns with windows you can fire from. Some buildings like the repair, fuel and ammo buildings for making mirror image bases for multiplayer and the towers to guard them. As for add-ons, professional looking ones where the author is WILLING to contribute should be added if they bring a new element to the game. I would really like mortors that have a proper shrapnel. ie a mortor hit would kill men in range and not even dent the armour around it but would have a proper blast radius.

Hmm my messages seems to be a bit off topic wink.gif

But after all i heard i dont think i will install it! it will probebly just screw up!

You cant trust those lousy germans tounge.gif

(all germans dont feal offended i just had a horrible german teacher biggrin.gif

Guest Titanium

knight. Thank you, thats what I mean by "spinoff of gunslingers". Would anyone else agree to that?

Actually, (i did an essay on copyright recently) ideas aren't protected by copyright, and neither is information. Only the way in which they are represented, displayed etc. If copyright protected ideas then gunslinger would be infringing upon BIS' copyright, or more likely BIS would be infringing upon someone elses which has been in existance for 20+ yrs.

But basically, BIS has ALREADY made a fraggin mission editor, and with the coming of Resistance I am sure that they will be updating it and adding more items to it.

If you want to use doodad lookouts with m2's, or sandbags piled 6m's high, script em, or use an addon. There is simply no need for BIS to include every combination of items that are alredy included in the editor and which can be manipulated in a number of ways using simple scripting.

Guest Titanium

I already know how to use doodad m2's and piled sandbags w/o addons. Its quite simple actually.

While I think that Gunslinger's addon is not well made, in fact it's probably more harmful than good, I would like to have the ability to place any tree, bush, rock, building, etc. with the in-game mission editor. As it is right now, I have only a partial list of the objects that are used on the map.

For example, I made a training mission, but I had to use Kegetys's object addon so I could use the blue targets and to place a few bushes. Unfortunately, everyone must have that addon in order to play the mission, even though all of those objects already exist in the game, the names given to those objects in the addon are incompatible and will crash those without it.

I don't use any addons at all in my missions. I think that while there are some very nice ones out there, it is simply too confusing for the average player to track them down, and I have also recently found out that some unofficial addons can even crash a server on some missions.

Anyway, I would at LEAST like a list of all of the placeable objects in the game, rather than just the partial list that is in a tutorial over on ofpec.com.

I would be interested in finding out how Kegetys and Gunslinger made these addons. Do they have the proper names, or not?

Anyway, I vote no to Gunslingers, but a resounding YES to an official BIS version. =o)

Guest Titanium

I don't use addons either in th map. And I feel the same way, I want a complete list of all the objects in the game. The partial list in OFPEC isn't enough.

But would everyone agree to this. Upgrading the editior to add all the objects in the game. Bushes/tree/rocks/etc.

I would be happy if just the walls got added ie: concrete wall (the thick one from gunslingers) steel wall and wooden base walls because you can make some pretty awesome fortress maps with them, (i mean real fortresses that are full indoor games, which im currently making)

I think that if given a lot of "useless" objects can allow more creativity in maps.

one man's junk is another man's treasure

biggrin.gif

Guest Titanium

Ya, the walls would be nice.

As far as this so called "clutter" they could do something to the editor, like the way they have editor modes of "easy" and "advanced", put an editor mode of "Most used objects" or "all objects". (it's just a thought) biggrin.gif