202 members have voted

1. 1. Price Options for Arma 3/beyond

• Same price (50 USD)
    • $10 increase (60 USD)
    • $20 increase (70 USD)
    • $30 increase (80 USD)
    • $40 increase (90 USD)
    • $50 increase (100 USD)

Why would you want it to cost any more than $50 dollars. If you honestly want to support the company more, just buy multiple copies. You don't want to make it unaffordable.

I've got multiple copies of all the ArmA games and original Operation Flashpoint. But I sure wouldn't want to drop $100 on a game, unless it was some special edition that included cool stuff..

Why would you want it to cost any more than $50 dollars. If you honestly want to support the company more, just buy multiple copies. You don't want to make it unaffordable.

I've got multiple copies of all the ArmA games and original Operation Flashpoint. But I sure wouldn't want to drop $100 on a game, unless it was some special edition that included cool stuff..

You've got a point about purchasing multiple copies. I might just have to do that.

although I voted for "keep it the same" (because I'm a cheapskate), In reality, if the game holds to the "ArmA feel", and is just that much better than A2, I'd probably pay upwards of $70US for it.

Since most console games and PC games in the US retail for around $59.99 I wouldn't have a problem paying that for Arma 3. In addition, if Arma 3 came with an iron-on transfer or large mission planning map or something cheesy like that, I would definitely pay $10-20 more for the "Deluxe Edition".

My History

OFP: Played the demo from a gaming magazine CD. I was too young to enjoy/understand it.

ArmA 1: Pirated the game while bored during school holidays, then bought three copies for myself and two friends. Mostly played the offical SP and MP missions. I participated in very little modding or editing.

ArmA 2: I purchased a DVD on release. I enjoyed it immensely and have convinced approximately 8 others to do so as well. I was a little frustrated by the number of bugs on release. I played with some clanmates and started to get a taste of the basic editor and small custom coop missions.

Arrowhead: I purchased the DVD on release twice for myself and my deticated server, all the DLC, bought a deticated ArmA supercomputer (lol) as well as a TrackIR5. I am now a wiz with the editor and half decent at scripting and have convinced about 10 people to at least buy and try ArmA/ArmA2/OA.

Should they cater to a larger audience for a cheaper price? or a smaller niche crowd for a higher price?

As much as my opinion is worth, I believe Bohemia Interactive Studio has priced the ArmA series product line perfectly. If they priced it any higher, they would lose out on a lot of what I like to call "association gamers." These are basically the friends and clanmates who are recommended to the game by those who are passionate and proud of the game/simulation we call ArmA. If BIS decreased the price point too much, I think they would attract too many casual steam players who are best suited to games like TF2 or APB, ruining some of the community atmosphere that naturally forms under the ArmA banner.

At the end of the day, I would be willing to match anything they could realistically mark the price up to... however this would be a bad idea in the bigger scheme of things. In the event that one of the many developers read this, just know that we 'forum dwellers' are tipically satisfied with bug fixes and engine improvements. If you provide these, we will help supply the stream of recruits who buy your products :)

Edited by Kushluk
Fixes

Since most console games and PC games in the US retail for around $59.99 I wouldn't have a problem paying that for Arma 3. In addition, if Arma 3 came with an iron-on transfer or large mission planning map or something cheesy like that, I would definitely pay $10-20 more for the "Deluxe Edition".

My thoughts exactly!:)

Pirated the game while bored

A black helicopter will soon be hovering over your house, be prepared for a painful cavity search.

Why would you want it to cost any more than $50 dollars. If you honestly want to support the company more, just buy multiple copies. You don't want to make it unaffordable for most others.

Perfect solution. Problem solved. :)

Anyone saying Arma should be "niche product", tailored for a few true users and fans and is able and willing to pay 100€ can do so and the rest can enjoy the game aswell.

To be honest, I would love the game to be sth like 40$, not more. The more cheap it is the more people will get it. Reduce another 10-5$ for the download version.

Personally I would go and spend 100$ for it. If I'd get a nice box with a map, poster and other fancy stuff. Maybe a coffee mug? And alpha/beta access.

Reducing the price and make it rather cheap might get peoples attention. They might think about rather spending 30-40$ for Arma3 instead of 60$ for CoD/BF/MW.

Bringing out Arma2:Free was afaik a good move. Dragging more people into Arma of wich a lot purchased the original game. We have at least one in our group. I bet there are more out there.

Another option would be a rather low price + diffrent DLC that add to the game. Want Armored vehicles in MP? Pay another 5$. Want choppers? Pay 5$. Want scoped weapons? Pay 5$. Want AT? Pay 5$, etc.

Want the whole pack? Pay 20$.

We dont want to raise the prize, then only more people will pirate the game and they are TOO MANY already.

It should be halved in price, but the cost of the protection dongle would cover the saving.