Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.12

Just registered.

Thought I'd say, I had ace loaded and went into the armory to practise being a pilot for a while because I'd just stupidly crashed the wreck helicopter on the server I play on.

Anyway:

Got stuck at 'waiting for armex to open its gates', read a thread apparently it's happened with older versions of ace. Pretty sure the game is freezing, I had a look at task manager and the amount of memory the game was using wasn't moving at all.

Thought it best to say. I did try everything that was mentioned and everything I could see on the first page of a google search. Didn't have any luck.

Is there another armory map I can download until this is fixed? Don't want to resort to using the map editor just because I can't load a map.

One thing I have noticed since I started flying jets more (and I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature) is that for no apparent reason at some point in flight I will begin getting the white "outline" and blurred vision as if I am in pain. Sometimes when I have landed it says I am in pain and require morphine. What is going on? I'm not being attacked or anything.

Lol. Yeah I don't know. The only thing I can think of if it's a "feature" is maybe pulling too many G's? But then you should black out, not suddenly be in pain. Otherwise I have no explanation.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Additionally, I am confused as to how to use the new Javelin after the changes. If there is documentation on this I'm unable to find it.

Well you have to be in thermal and narrow view to lock and fire.

Question: Was it ACE that added a separate helmet hitbox to units' heads? Because is so, hits to the cheek and jaw are incorrectly counted as hits to the helmet.

Also, how does this bandage while prone deal work?

Any input from ACE devs? I'm sitting on some tickets here.

Well you have to be in thermal and narrow view to lock and fire.

How do you get to "narrow view"?

Any input from ACE devs? I'm sitting on some tickets here.
ACE devs are on the ticket tracker.

Just registered.

Thought I'd say, I had ace loaded and went into the armory to practise being a pilot for a while because I'd just stupidly crashed the wreck helicopter on the server I play on.

Anyway:

Got stuck at 'waiting for armex to open its gates', read a thread apparently it's happened with older versions of ace. Pretty sure the game is freezing, I had a look at task manager and the amount of memory the game was using wasn't moving at all.

Thought it best to say. I did try everything that was mentioned and everything I could see on the first page of a google search. Didn't have any luck.

Is there another armory map I can download until this is fixed? Don't want to resort to using the map editor just because I can't load a map.

Please confirm the fix; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26194

Once confirmed will push it as signed hotfix on SU.

I wonder if any of the ACE developers could shine some light on the ace_weight, ace_size and ace_packsize variables used in the definitions of the weapons and magazine classes.

For example.

AK-103 PSO

ace_weight => 3.3+ 0.6+ 0.2

Does this mean that to weapon weighs 4.1

Presumably this is in kg?

Why are there three floating point numbers and not just the one?

Does the ace_size directly relate to the ace_packsize, i.e in the example below you could fit 34 30Rnd_762x39_AK47 in the ACE_Backpack_US? (obviously not tried this but searching for a definitive answer)

30Rnd_762x39_AK47

ace_size => 550

ace_weight=> 0.8

ACE_Backpack_US

ace_packsize =>18800

Many thanks.

Jman;2053370']I wonder if any of the ACE developers could shine some light on the ace_weight' date=' ace_size and ace_packsize variables used in the definitions of the weapons and magazine classes.

For example.

AK-103 PSO

ace_weight => 3.3+ 0.6+ 0.2

Does this mean that to weapon weighs 4.1

Presumably this is in kg?

Why are there three floating point numbers and not just the one?

[/quote']

Total weight is calculated, then the dexterity from it, see sources:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/acex/repository/revisions/buffalo/entry/addons/c_wep_rh_ak/cfgWeapons_AK.hpp#L279

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/repository/revisions/develop/entry/Addons/sys_stamina/script_stamina.hpp

Yes it's Kg.

Edited by Robalo

Upon binarization, the resulting calculations can still be squashed into 1 number instead of 3 though, by using __EXEC or __EVAL I suppose.

It works well as is, probably because we use getNumber to read it. Check dexterity, it's even more crazy :)

Great thanks for the info and I just answered my second part of the question as i just tested it and can indeed fit 34 in the ruc ;)

Edited by [KH]Jman

Jman;2053397']Great thanks for the info and I just answered my second part of the question as i just tested it and can indeed fit 34 in the ruc ;)

Yep, both ace_size and ace_packsize are in cubic centimeters.

Latest fixes have been included on SU as hotfix. To grab - run Verify and Repair on the ACE preset.

I've been looking all over the place and couldn't find my answer, so I'll ask it now. ACE is by far the best mod there is, but I still want to use the original reticule prior to using ACE. Is there something that I can modify or remove to use it in ACE?

I've been looking all over the place and couldn't find my answer, so I'll ask it now. ACE is by far the best mod there is, but I still want to use the original reticule prior to using ACE. Is there something that I can modify or remove to use it in ACE?

Un-check the "No Cross" option in Clippi:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Clippi+description

And another question, iam using the stable version for OA but in combined operations

Iam trying to set a timer in a bomb and i get this error Script x\ace\addons\sys_explosives\fnc_explosives_menudef.sqf not found

how is that solved?

I have checked the rest of the pages but found no answer to Achilles's question. I have the same problem, the "Set timer" function does not work, I get the same error message. I also have 1.59 CO and the latest ACE stable.

Could you please help?

I have checked the rest of the pages but found no answer to Achilles's question. I have the same problem, the "Set timer" function does not work, I get the same error message. I also have 1.59 CO and the latest ACE stable.

Could you please help?

You can check if a hotfixed pbo is available on the issue tracker; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

Or upgrade to the recommended ongoing dev version available on Six Updater or await next Stable release incoming soon .

Has anyone had this message pop up while loading ACEX: acex_veh_air_wep requries addon ace_module_easa? I only get this when I enable ACEX in my mods folder. And for whatever reason, I take a big performance hit when running this mod folder. I have the latest version of ARMAII CO, and use the Six Updater. I don't know if this anything to do with it, but in the Six Updater program this is what it lists:

ACE- not updater mod

ACE_2-incompatible

ACEX-not updater mod

any help will be greatly appreciated.