Sign in to follow this  
froggyluv

This + Arma = Perfect Game

Well not the ultimate Arma game, its just as ive played each game im always comparing and thinking that each game would be awesome if it had few elements of the other.

@OP: RO2 is inferior to ArmA in almost every way imaginable considering that it has more in common with console shooters, so why would anyone want to mix it in?

Here are the major points why:

- it's very hollywoodish, run around kill enemies CoD/BF-style because weapons have no ballistics

- cover system with hollywoodish blindfire, considering that this is ww2 which makes it look even more unnatural

- all weapons are balanced. When dev tried to make them unbalanced people started to cry that germans have better weapons (which is true to reality) and now dev is ruining the last remnants of realism

I'd say ArmA + Rainbow Six Raven Shield CQB would be pretty nice though instead. Especially custom leaning adjustment and more reactive AI up close

Where did I say combine the weaknesses of two games -I said, or meant, strengths.

I could care less about the blindfire, but I do really enjoy their cover system and ability to quickly peak above/around surroundings in 1st person. R6 also has a good leaning tool.

The weakness of Arma, imo, is the AI's smoothness of movement, inability to work a window or door properly for exciting cqb. Ro2's Ai does very good job with this for the most part using all objects as possible cover. I recently picked up Raven Shield and while their Ai do some things pretty well in cqb, I consider Ro2's superior in just about every way.

Animations and gore are both well done in RO2 with kills feeling more satisfying then the delayed and physicaly unrealistic deaths of Arma. Of course Arma3 may change this considerably -but that speculation is not what the threads about.

Overall immersion of sounds, chatter, and suppressive fire + concussive effects are also pretty enjoyable.

Edited by froggyluv

OMG YES! Memories.

b7YQ3wSZqYY

The controls where just as like real life. I went to digger land (a theme park where you get to drive diggers) when I was young, and because i spent a crap load of hours on "power diggerz" operating the real thing was like second nature. rofl.

I'd love ArmA+the first two BIA games. Just enough realism to make me care and just enough bollywood to keep it fun.

I'd love ArmA+the first two BIA games. Just enough realism to make me care and just enough bollywood to keep it fun.

Now youre trying to add some indian elements to Arma?! 0_0

Careful what you wish for.

Flying in Arma: Bollywood edition

olr2Cr3LHbE

Zombie mode

zDKcevMFUCo

So good you'll say thank you and come again.

Edited by jblackrupert

I thought it'd be fun to know what other game you best think would compliment Arma if merged and why. Thru the ages I've heard alot of Steel Beasts, Ro1, Insurgency, Swat 4 and of course GR.

Personally I'd have to say RO2, due to it's impressive animations, stellar CQB, and reactive bot behaviour.

CQB of raven shield + tank of steel beasts. dude dont let me dream, cuz will stay a dream :rolleyes::(

Now youre trying to add some indian elements to Arma?! 0_0

No, I just say bollywood to make fun of hollywood. Though that could be interesting...

Arma for me is close to perfect. I would just like to see more sim-like vehicle handling and a dynamic campaign, Falcon 4.0 style.:bounce3:

Asking a bit too much, I know. Maybe in fifteen years time?:)