Sign in to follow this  
VampyricTyrant

Grenades - Gameplay

Imo its better to re-vamp animation system for throwing things.

Consolish power indicators won't look and feel good anyway. It should be that the player has to practice a little to get used to throwing stuff around, to be precise and effective. Kinda sucks more if players can always "sniper-throw" grenades no matter if he is stationary or on the run.

I just think grenades shout be usable with one key or be a different weapon, throw em while you run or walk (decreasing accuracy or whatever). It's very problematic, throwing a grenade while an enemy appears and you can't move to save youself.

Also being able to "cook" the grenade would be more realistic and immerse.

Also being able to "cook" the grenade would be more realistic and immerse.

I would like to have such a feature.

Things get way too complicated this way, in my opinion.

Simple like AA2/3, CoD, CS, Halo or BF would be better.

And I do agree with you, that is why I don't use SMK, it's just too complicated atm. I posted it as example, because I think it might be improved upon, make it easier to use and more fluid.

A few ways to improve the grenade system.

1. Make them a weapon selectable in the scroll wheel menu. Ideally, what I would prefer is a menu where you scroll to something marked Weapons. When you click that, you get a commo rose type of thing prompting you to select your weapon, with your primary rifle in the center, grenade types on one side, and launchers/sidearms on the other side.

2. Make them less bouncy! I've killed myself with my own grenades by throwing them into a house and having them bounce out the door onto my feet.

3. Allow players to move around while throwing them, and make the throwing animation less clunky. Currently, it takes quite a bit of time to perform the throw animation, and you can't move while doing it. It makes throwing a grenade while under fire a possible death sentence. When I throw a grenade, I want to be able to pull the pin from behind cover and move out from cover for the short time it takes to just aim and throw it.

4. Give some indication of where the grenade is going to go. ACE2 does this pretty well with the outstretched arm thing.

5. Please, please give us a roll option like in America's Army. I don't want to kill myself in room-to-room CQC any more by not being able to throw a grenade softly enough.

a few ways to improve the grenade system.

1. Make them a weapon selectable in the scroll wheel menu. Ideally, what i would prefer is a menu where you scroll to something marked weapons. When you click that, you get a commo rose type of thing prompting you to select your weapon, with your primary rifle in the center, grenade types on one side, and launchers/sidearms on the other side.

2. Make them less bouncy! I've killed myself with my own grenades by throwing them into a house and having them bounce out the door onto my feet.

3. Allow players to move around while throwing them, and make the throwing animation less clunky. Currently, it takes quite a bit of time to perform the throw animation, and you can't move while doing it. It makes throwing a grenade while under fire a possible death sentence. When i throw a grenade, i want to be able to pull the pin from behind cover and move out from cover for the short time it takes to just aim and throw it.

4. Give some indication of where the grenade is going to go. Ace2 does this pretty well with the outstretched arm thing.

5. Please, please give us a roll option like in america's army. I don't want to kill myself in room-to-room cqc any more by not being able to throw a grenade softly enough.

^ +100

I can´t believe this hasn´t been mentioned yet:

Someone gets killed with a live grenade in his hand? That thing better goes off!

I weep for grenades that die with their owner :(

Also: Thumbs up for 'cooking' grenades.

I can´t believe this hasn´t been mentioned yet:

Someone gets killed with a live grenade in his hand? That thing better goes off!

I weep for grenades that die with their owner :(

Also: Thumbs up for 'cooking' grenades.

I just discovered that this is possible in ACE :yay:

Don't grenades normally have a safety so you can pull the pin but keep it from counting down while you hold the safety?

"When the pin is pulled, the grenade is not our friend" - USMC.

Don't grenades normally have a safety so you can pull the pin but keep it from counting down while you hold the safety?

If you don't release the spoon it won't start burning. Grenades have two safeties in addition to this. If you want to cook one you simply release the spoon and let the fuse start burning and wait to throw it. No way in hell I'd ever try that outside of a video game.

I took the 3-5 second fusing very seriously as an indicator of not knowing when the hell Mr Grenade would go off.