Sign in to follow this  
bravo409

New ai needed please look into this issue

I'm sick and tired of this crappy ai..i use asr ai+

zeus ai together and the ai find me even when i shoot and move to a far different position talking like in side a house at least 100 m away where i last shoot...then i decided to try asr ai+glx really crappy same thing happened. So then finally tried asr ai by its self well it was said in description that ai could see poorly at night tried a night mission i made and still was seen from at least 300 m out. So i want to see in the next ai mod made ...no all seeing ai and hearing should be human like and behavior. If im wrong on this please help me with this problem....what really pisses me off most is the ai finding me even when i shoot and move some how they know exactly where im and lay down fire in the house or object im near till they finally hit me. Please for the love of god fix the ai,because ultimately that's what makes or brakes this game and right now it brakes.

ultimately that's what makes or brakes this game

makes or brakes

brakes...

OT: In all honesty, a human would still find you if you were only 100m away from your last known position as he'd just scan the horizon. To be honest, most of the time the AI isn't smart enough!

Ok to counter your commit i shoot and ran no one saw me run to the house and they still knew out of the 3 houses near where to go

You sure that no one saw you? It can be enough if only one AI sees in with direction you are running. You can test this in the Editor by using Mapclick teleport. The AI will be very alerted in a firefight and scan their sourroundings for threats. If you get to another spot and only one AI sees you there, he will alert his whole squad and they will start shooting.

About the thing with ASR. Their vision is worse at night, but if one of them has a NVG he will see you. Your stance is also important. You will be seen very easily if you run around. Stay crouched or prone.

A week ago I played a hostage resque mission. Some NAPA fighters took two russian soldier to a forest camp. A specnaz team of six was send to resque them. It was a night operation and I together with my men managed to sneak up on their camp. We were less than 50 meters away from them, without beeing noticed, the 20 enemys had no NVGs. When I ordered my men, who were armed with silenced bizons, to open fire, they killed the enemys in no time. Only one of them managed to shoot but didn't hit anybody.

I play with ACE and ASR. Makes for a really nice AI

I'm sick and tired of this crappy ai..i use asr ai+

zeus ai together and the ai find me even when i shoot and move to a far different position talking like in side a house at least 100 m away where i last shoot...then i decided to try asr ai+glx really crappy same thing happened. So then finally tried asr ai by its self well it was said in description that ai could see poorly at night tried a night mission i made and still was seen from at least 300 m out. So i want to see in the next ai mod made ...no all seeing ai and hearing should be human like and behavior. If im wrong on this please help me with this problem....what really pisses me off most is the ai finding me even when i shoot and move some how they know exactly where im and lay down fire in the house or object im near till they finally hit me. Please for the love of god fix the ai,because ultimately that's what makes or brakes this game and right now it brakes.

As corporal Jones once said, ‘Don’t Panic’!!:butbut:

Could it be that you need to set your AI skill level a little lower…

I use GL4 and I run the ASR ai with it but the GL4 seem to do the best job, they act and behave very realistically, you can attack, move, and provided you keep cover they will still fire at your previous location with the aim of suppressing you allowing you to flank or whatever. The GL4 mod has been very good in my experience, they will use clever tactics to try and kill you, but playing well you can do the same to them, they also carry out house searches and will garrison etc, etc, I have been in the same house as an enemy AI and not been caught, so they can definitely not see through things as some believe, provided you set your AI level to suit your playing then you should have a good equilibrium. Try setting the AI level at around 0.25 to begin with then move it up and do some testing to see where you like to have their level of skill set to, set the level in the 'Game Options', not with the slider in the pop-up window (that’s if your using the mission editor), just edit your playing level, you can customise your AI levels and plenty of other things in the ‘Game Options’, from there go into ‘Difficulty’ then ’Edit’ from the drop down menu click ’Custom’ the friendly and enemy AI settings can be customised from there….

My enemy AI is set to full 1.0, friendly AI to 0.80, but it did not start out like that, I found after the first few times on Arma2 that the AI, even without a mod, were pretty good, so I started by customising the levels and moved it up gradually as I got better at completing missions...I wanted to play at max AI settings, its one of the main reasons I got this sim/game, I wanted as much realism as pos, but you have to get practise before you can jump in on max levels and expect to win, practice, because when your really good you will be glad the AI are the best your going to find in any sim/game...

All that writing just to see the thread closed, which no doubt it will be..:(

Edited by HR4 Elite

Tonci: does ACE alter AI also? I thought only ASR altered combat AI? Not sure though.

how do i change glx ai settings where do i go for that and what is the best numbers to use for realistic performance

I appreciate the help but I'm new to scripts so not sure how to use them for the ai like upsmon. I would like to learn how to is there any tutorials for upsmon and dac in video thanks.

My experience with AI and hiding has generally been good. I've been able to successfully hide if the conditions are right: those conditions being difficult to assess. AI can see you move, and make predictions about your last known direction, so make several changes in your direction as you scamper for cover. Run further, behind occluding objects, crouched. When you do hide, keep still, because you sliding & rotating about makes noises that the AI can hear, especially if they're already looking/listening for you.

If you're still having troubles, try the JTD Hide addon :)

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

DAC is a bit more complicated to learn, I personally prefer UPSMON because you can control what units spawn, or at least it's much easier. UPSMON comes with a sample mission which should be pretty easy to figure out.

I guess it depends on your needs, I like DACs ability to provide patrolling enemy/friendly forces where I don't necessarily know the makeup of. It forces me to make a visual assessment first :)

I have to say that the AI of arma is poor and is one of the only things that let this game down :( aswell as ambient feel and emersion

I have to say that the AI of arma is poor and is one of the only things that let this game down
Care to explain you findings in full? Otherwise that's just an opinion that really doesn't help much. Sure the Ai can do some wacky things in the thick of it based on the scope of this Arma world, but when your under threat and are being hunted ... are they crap?

I do find that alot of reports of hiding, being founds etc mainly stem from the person hiding to be the culprit, not in all but many situations that have been posted over time. Because if it was the case it was Arma's AI this place would be flooded with complaints, and it never has.

It can be improved and with mentioned addons AI scripts it has, very well too.

Edited by mrcash2009

I have to say that the AI of arma is poor and is one of the only things that let this game down aswell as ambient feel and emersion

You do understand the game is very customizable, the game is not set in stone where you cannot change anything.

Unless your completely lazy and have no interest in changing your game, I really see no put in your comments.

I myself have changed the AI to my liking, and enjoy what they do very much most times for what I play,

however you need to educate yourself about the game more about whats available as I had linked above, and try different things.

Need new AI, maybe you should look into the AI issue, become inspired and test out some things.

The Ai can be tricky but it can be changed, and the best ways can be either to add some mods/scripts,

or make your own addons/mods/scripts to alter the AI to how you want.

The game is never final, thats the beauty of this game were all playing, unlike other games you have to wait for the developers to do something,

this game you can take the reigns and do things suitable to you or maybe alot of people.

Tonci: does ACE alter AI also? I thought only ASR altered combat AI? Not sure though.

Im quite sure that ACE improves spotting range, recognition, dispersion and some other things making firefights much more interesting

The AI cannot pinpoint your location except with its eyes and ears. It does not have unfair knowledge of your movements.

This can be and has been proven objectively.

This does not mean that their senses are not fair or comparable to humans in all situations, or that some game objects may not function correctly inside the system. But these are issues of balance (un-perfectible tradeoffs, really) and momentary glitches.

So practice, practice and get better at the game.

im sorry to ask this question but how do you put upsmon urban patrol in the game after you down load it. There isn't andy addons to put it under its all sqf script how do I set this up in the game arma 2/oa game folder thanks

arma editor or is armaedit a program sorry I'm lost when its comes to scripting I learn better if it is showed to me in a video is there any videos showing how thanks sorry for the dumb questions just trying learn this this beast.

Okay, brah, it ain't goddamn rocket surgery. But I will break it down barney style for you.

Download the .zip

There should be a sample mission, missions are typically in a folder in the format: missionnamehere.islandname

So it should be named something like UPSMON.utes. Go to your documents/arma2/missions folder. Drop the mission into that, run arma and view it in the editor. It should show units with this in their init lines: nul = [] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf". Inside those brackets should be the parameters I showed you in the first link I posted, this will allow you to customize your AI. For example, it allows you to create multiple groups within the marker that will randomly patrol. The fortify option will force them to stay put and man weapons and enter buildings. You need to configure that as you see fit, the only required parameters you enter into that init are "this", meaning THAT unit or group is going to be executing that script. Second is your markerpos, all you need to do is place a marker and name it, set the radius as you see fit. That's where units will spawn.

So when you return to your documents folder and actually open up the mission folder, you will notice a mission.sqm which is all of the editor work you've done, the init.sqf which is run upon mission start, and a handy dandy folder named "scripts", go figure. You called the script file "upsmon.sqf" which was in the folder named "scripts" when you typed "execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"

If that is too hard you for, you need to find another game. You're talking to a guy who cannot script his way out of a hole.

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

arma editor or is armaedit a program sorry I'm lost when its comes to scripting I learn better

if it is showed to me in a video is there any videos showing how thanks sorry for the dumb questions just trying learn this this beast.

Armaedit

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1455&highlight=ARMAEDIT

If your going to mess with missions and scripts then Armaedit is a very much needed tool.

Okay, brah, it ain't goddamn rocket surgery. But I will break it down barney style for you.
If that is too hard you for, you need to find another game.

Hebrew take a break with the comments, the guy dont know, its more challenging to some then others, just because you know

how to do it and find it easy or understandable, dont mean others will, the guy is still learning or starting to learn, if you cannot

be considerate, and or courteous as well as patient with the new guys then i suggest you find some other topics that

can use your insights and or knowledge.

New guys need time to grasp the concepts, and tools/functions of behind the scene of our beloved game here,

you need to give them varies means or a simplified way that they can follow and grasp what your are trying to get

across with them, the biggest thing a new guy can recognize is something they know, so build apon what they know already and can do.

As I suggested UPS, as with UPS script which UPSOM uses btw, all you need to do is

1. place a infantry squad

2. create and place a marker in the area of where you want the squad to patrol

3. put the code in the squad leader's init line (all this is done in the editor btw.

and all you need to have is the script for UPS in the same folder of your mission thats it.

UPS is simple to do, simple to grasp how it works,a nd for a new guy thats new to scripts and stuff, its perfect for a starter.

Once he grasp how this works and becomes familiar and can see the results for himself, then move him up into more complicated stuff.

UPSOM may not be complicated to me or you hebrew or anyone else that has used it but for a new guy that dont know the editor or scripts,

its a lot of information to try to sort out and get to work.

one question for you bravo409,

Do you know your way around the editor at all, like the very basics, can you place units,

and tanks and stuff, got an idea on how to add markers, and whatnot?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Why do I never have problems with AI "magically seeing me through 10 concrete walls"?

ai find me even when i shoot and move

The horror! How is it possible?!

May I make a suggestion?

Add this to your mods if you have some:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9604

Now once you get this, I had tweaked this quite a bit for COWarMod, and if you play as spec ops you'd be lucky for the

AI to see you unless of course you start shooting, for regular forces they might need slight tweaking, but heres the Hpp

in the userconfig theres an hpp, just copy the entire code below and paste it into the hpp replacing what is there,

and you should see a change ingame, also read the readme for it.

StealthRecognitionValues.hpp

// Author: Mysteryman5150
/*
Change the defined values to modify the stealth and recognition abilities of the particular factions and units you wish to modify. 
The values in green behind the value you set are the vanilla standard values.
I am not 100% positive of all the definitions I posted so feel free to test and determine for yourself.
I have only seperated into 3 classes per faction to reduce this list-1)Basic units 2)Snipers/Spotter/Scouts/Marksman 3)Launcer Units-AT,AA,RPG
*/

//Defines USMC Soldiers - Basic Infantry
#define __USMC_audible  	.05;//.05  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __USMC_camouflage  	1.6;//1.6  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __USMC_sensitivity  	2;//2  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __USMC_sensitivityEar  	.4;//.4  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines USMC Soldiers - Snipers (.5), Spotters (.5), Marksmen (1.0) and scouts (.75) - ***(##) DEFINES VANILLA CAMO RATING FOR THAT UNIT***
#define __USSN_audible  	.01;//.01  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __USSN_camouflage  	.2;//.2   defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __USSN_sensitivity  	3;//3  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __USSN_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines USMC Soldiers - Launchers - AT (2.0) and AA (2.1).
#define __USAT_audible  	.03;//.03  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __USAT_camouflage  	2.0;//2.0  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __USAT_sensitivity  	3;//3  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __USAT_sensitivityEar  	.3;//.3  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines FR soldiers - Basic Infantry - (US Special Forces - May only be used in main campaigns and in certain infantry mods)
#define __FRBI_audible  	.01;//.01  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __FRBI_camouflage  	.1;//.1  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __FRBI_sensitivity  	4;//4  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __FRBI_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines FR Soldiers - Marksmen (.6)and Scouts (.6).
#define __FRSN_audible  	.01;//.01  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __FRSN_camouflage  	.1;//.1  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __FRSN_sensitivity  	5;//5  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __FRSN_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing	
//Defines RU soldiers - Basic Infantry -(standard Russian infantry used in game like USMC)
#define __RUBI_audible  	.05;//.05  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __RUBI_camouflage  	1.6;//1.6  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __RUBI_sensitivity  	2;//2  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __RUBI_sensitivityEar  	.2;//.2  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines RU Soldiers - Snipers (.5), Spotters (.5) and Marksmen (1.0).
#define __RUSN_audible  	.01;//.01  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __RUSN_camouflage  	.1;//.1  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __RUSN_sensitivity  	5;//5  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __RUSN_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines RU Soldiers - Launchers - AT (2.0) and AA (2.1).
#define __RUAT_audible  	.05;//.05  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __RUAT_camouflage  	2.0;//2.0  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __RUAT_sensitivity  	3;//3  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __RUAT_sensitivityEar  	.2;//.2  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines RUS Soldiers - Basic Infantry - (Russian Special Forces - Spetznaz -Same as US Special Forces above)
#define __RUSB_audible  	.01;//.01  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __RUSB_camouflage  	.1;//.1  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __RUSB_sensitivity  	3;//3  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __RUSB_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines RUS Soldiers - Marksmen (.6) and units with silienced weapons (.6).
#define __RUSS_audible  	.01;//.01  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __RUSS_camouflage  	.1;//.1  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __RUSS_sensitivity  	5;//5  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __RUSS_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines MVD Soldiers - Basic Infantry - (More Russian Special Forces - Same as US Special Forces)
#define __MVDB_audible  	.01;//.01  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __MVDB_camouflage  	.1;//.1  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __MVDB_sensitivity  	5;//5  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __MVDB_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines MVD Soldiers - Snipers (.6) and Marksman (.6).
#define __MVSN_audible  	.01;//.01  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __MVSN_camouflage  	.1;//.1  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __MVSN_sensitivity  	5;//5  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __MVSN_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines MVD Soldiers - Launchers - AT (1.0) and no AA in vanilla Arma2
#define __MVAT_audible  	.02;//.02  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __MVAT_camouflage  	1.0;//1.0  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __MVAT_sensitivity  	3;//3  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __MVAT_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines Guerilla Soldiers - Basic Infantry
#define __GURB_audible  	.05;//.05  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __GURB_camouflage  	1.0;//1.0  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __GURB_sensitivity  	2;//2  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __GURB_sensitivityEar  	.3;//.3  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines Guerilla Soldiers - Snipers (.5) and scouts (.6).
#define __GUSN_audible  	.02;//.02  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __GUSN_camouflage  	.3;//.3  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __GUSN_sensitivity  	3;//3  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __GUSN_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines Guerilla Soldiers - Launchers - AT (1.2) and AA (1.3).
#define __GUAT_audible  	.05;//.05  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __GUAT_camouflage  	1.2;//1.2  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __GUAT_sensitivity  	3;//3  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __GUAT_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines Insurgent Soldiers - Basic Infantry
#define __INSB_audible  	.05;//.05  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __INSB_camouflage  	1.4;//1.4  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __INSB_sensitivity  	2;//2  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __INSB_sensitivityEar  	.3;//.3  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines Insurgent Soldiers - Snipers (.3) and units with silenced weapons (.7).
#define __INSN_audible  	.01;//.01  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __INSN_camouflage  	.3;//.3  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __INSN_sensitivity  	3;//3  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __INSN_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines Insurgent Soldiers - Launchers - AT (1.6) and AA (1.7)
#define __INAT_audible  	.05;//.05  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __INAT_camouflage  	1.6;//1.6  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __INAT_sensitivity  	2;//2  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __INAT_sensitivityEar  	.3;//.3  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines CDF Soldiers - Basic Infantry
#define __CDFB_audible  	.04;//.04  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __CDFB_camouflage  	1.3;//1.3  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __CDFB_sensitivity  	2;//2  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __CDFN_sensitivityEar  	.3;//.3  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines CDF Soldiers - Snipers (.5) and Marksmen (.8).
#define __CDSN_audible  	.01;//.01  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __CDSN_camouflage  	.4;//.4  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __CDSN_sensitivity  	3;//3  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __CDSN_sensitivityEar  	.5;//.5  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing
//Defines CDF Soldiers - Launchers - RPG (1.6) and Strella (1.7).
#define __CDAT_audible  	.05;//.05  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __CDAT_camouflage  	1.6;//1.6  defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __CDAT_sensitivity  	3;//3  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __CDAT_sensitivityEar  	.4;//.4  defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing

It also depends on what kind of CPU you've got. I don't use any AI mods and i've got pretty good performances out of both friendly and enemy AI. I definitly notice a difference when i play at a friend who has a midrange dual core CPU. The AI is a lot less responsive and more erratic.