Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

EOD Mod

Tell me Reezo - there isn't meant to be the bomb defusal as part of this (except shooting the IED) ?

Edited by Kremator

For non-ACE versions and/or script versions: read the disclaimer in the first post (you really want me to get blood pressure pills, I get it :))

Thanks Viper, Nielsen and everyone else for the great words of compliment, I appreciate that ;)

The map I used is Zargabad, yes..somewhere between the southern and central parts of the map (if I remember correctly).

@Kremator You are correct. No bomb defusal (as in numbers/wires etc.) is part of this mod as in my opinion it wound require a lot of scripting/modding to make it somewhat interesting..otherwise it would just expose the limitations in the ArmA 2 engine..

BUT..even in the case of an outstanding defusal scripting/modding job..in reality the IED would still blow up if bombed/hit/damaged on purpose..which then made me think: why would I want to put people at risk with cutting wires or typing stuff into a keypad?

Placing C4 charges on it is very dangerous by itself..I can tell you it is an experience when you "hope" the Thor 3 beeping in the distance is doing its job :)

I know every modder has its own point of view on the material he creates, but I think I got a pretty balanced set of features to work as a complimentary enviromental addition to the atmosphere and "realistic random effect" of the ArmA-verse.

..not that cutting wires isn't fun (in a game) but maybe it can be for another specific kind of mod/script.

Reezo, this sounds great!

Are there any known bugs?

Hey Hellfire! Thanks!

Well, there are no known bugs, but there will be unknown ones I suppose ;)

I'll have a play around with it and keep an eye out then ;).

Is there a debug var I can use to see everything running?

By the way, how is your Sniper pod coming along? I'm looking forward to that also.

Edited by Hellfire257

Translation errors? My friend, you speak English better than I do and I've been speaking it my entire life!

Thank you for the time you've put into to this. This is awesome.

Is there a debug var I can use to see everything running?

By the way, how is your Sniper pod coming along? I'm looking forward to that also.

Thanks Hellfire! Yes, you can check the server log or your ArmA2.RPT file and you'll see plenty of debug messages showing the file that originated it and what happened at that point.

Example:

reezo_eod_fnc_spawnied_clear - CANNOT CLEAR: SYNCED UNITS STILL NEAR IED

The SniperPod camera mod is ready here on my computer..I made all the required changes from script to mod and optimized its loading..I think all that is left to do is to find suitable attach positions for most of the planes..I've done most of the BLUFOR air units..I don't know whether or not the camera should be a generic MFD camera (to work exactly like Mando's LGB Camera, for example) or a specific thing that you add to a plane via hardpoint. The first solution seems to be the most accepted one because people want the LGB camera Mando has..without the entire Mando mod.

/ot

Translation errors? My friend, you speak English better than I do and I've been speaking it my entire life!

Thank you for the time you've put into to this. This is awesome.

Thanks Manzilla, I appreciate that. Glad you liked it, I thought videos would be more entertaining and easy to use as learning method than written documentation (I was lazy about writing it, that's it :))

--

UPDATE: For people interested in modeling a dismount jammer backpack, you can do even something as "simple" as this one in this picture

Just make sure you put a nice EOD patch somewhere, as found here:

Examples of EOD patches/logos

Thanks for any kind of contribution ;)

Edited by Reezo

hell yeah EOD mod! route clearance soon right? i'm coming home from route clearance school here in four days, i wanna find IEDs!

hell yeah EOD mod! route clearance soon right? i'm coming home from route clearance school here in four days, i wanna find IEDs!

And that said from the man who made some of the greatest units EVER, makes my day, at 1:40AM in the morning :)

Only thing I can see so far is it's not compatible with ACRE.

The radios do not work while using your mod.

They keep disappearing out of my inventory.

That includes back packs and the hand held radios, both UHF and VHF.

Regarding the suicide bombers, they take a little while to respond to running towards you as well. I dont think that it the fault of your mod though it's just dumb AI.

Cheers :)

Edited by Solarghost

Only thing I can see so far is it's not compatible with ACRE.

The radios do not work while using your mod.

They keep disappearing out of my inventory.

That includes back packs and the hand held radios, both UHF and VHF.

Will investigate. Can you provide me with a procedure to reproduce this issue? Thanks.

The suicide bombers taking some time to run to you is dumb AI..I tried my best to make it as responsive as possible, I do not think there is any additional way to force their behavior..anyway, since most of the time you do not know about them..let's say they play it nifty (quote by Dr. Sheldon Cooper :)).

Will investigate. Can you provide me with a procedure to reproduce this issue? Thanks.

The suicide bombers taking some time to run to you is dumb AI..I tried my best to make it as responsive as possible, I do not think there is any additional way to force their behavior..anyway, since most of the time you do not know about them..let's say they play it nifty (quote by Dr. Sheldon Cooper :)).

Bazinga!! :p

Darn, I fell into another one of your well-planned traps ;)

I'd like to report 1 bug that my unit has found on our Dedicated server, we had driven by a well hidden IED on our way to our objective, it blew up took the wheels out and we had to wait for a new vehicle to be dropped off for us. Also the IED had disappeared off the ground.

About 1 hour later we had to return back down the same road to RTB and when we drove by the exploded IED, and it blew up again! But there was no IED where it was before, nothing was there, an explosion from thin air.

I believe my unit commander who made the map told me that he had place IED area module down around there.

Is it possible a triggerman had placed another IED in the EXACT location as the last?

Just wanted to let you know. Other then that fantastic mod! Love your work!

-Bigshot

Thanks for the feedback..weird that the IED area module behaved that way..my guess is that an IED respawned in that area exactly WHILE you were in it. Somewhere around the unit...

I think I must let the module check "are there units nearby?" and then pick another spot if true..so what you said does not happen.

Thanks for the report, I am happy to know you actually played on dedicated and had some kind of bugged but real fun ;)

Hi again.

Steps were simple...

Tried to add any ACRE radio to my inventory, it shows it's in then a few seconds later it disappears. Only back pack that would not disappear was the Thor radio/back pack.

My only thought is maybe the back packs are getting confused? Not sure though...

Broadcasting doesn't work, the interface didn't come up or anything. And when not using your mod it works fine.

Cheers bud..

Thanks. I will dig into this and let you guys know.

Thanks. I will dig into this and let you guys know.

I solved my own problem, It was an error on my behalf. Sorry to cause you worry that you didn't need lol...

Glad to know that was fixed. I would have had NO clue to where to start. It's great to be a dev and get a chance to actually say that.

Hi Reezo love this mod but cant seem to get any sound from the thor back pack so I just put your eod script in so now have thor backpack and eod device hand held and I have sounds from device but cant get it to pick up your ambient ieds module.

Is there a way to combine the 2 so you have a working jammer and the device that works with the module or just preplaced ieds like in your demo mission to inject if possible to explode ieds thank's for the great work you do

With the thor back pack is there a turn on off feature like the new metal detector in the latest ace menu or is it meant to work out the box

Thanks Smoke!

1. The Thor 3 can only jam radio controlled IEDs. It does not work with pressure-plate or wire IEDs

2. It works out of the box, no need for batteries, turn on/off etc. but pay attention when being close to vehicles with powerful radios because it might not work properly

3. Pre-placed IEDs are probably not radio controlled and they won't be detected. If they are, just add:

this setVariable ["reezo_eod_trigger","radio"]

and the Thor 3 will be able to jam them. I am not totally sure about the syntax but it should work :)

4. I just released an updated version 200 final with some bug fixes:

SR5Tactical.Net - @EOD Mod v2.00 - by Reezo

http://www.multiupload.com/MSSC4WU1I4

This can be mirrored freely and announced as the v2.00 final. I am sure it will break a lot of servers and therefore give me proper feedback for bug testing..I am just kidding ;)

Thanks Foxhound!

Also one thing I forgot, the metal detector and the Thor3 are two different things for two different purpouses:

With a metal detector you can detect all kinds of IEDs but the item itself won't magically deactivate them.

With the Thor3 you can only detect and jam radio IEDs (with a strenght that increases when multiple Thor3 backpacks are close to each other, since they split the operating frequencies and maximize energy on separate wave lenghts) but you get no warning from "passive" types of IEDs.

Just make sure you don't blow yourself up and you'll be fine, until the guys from Air Support drop a 500lbs bomb on your squad by mistake, of course.

reezo, thank you so much for the EOD mod! i love it. expect some good missions coming in the future :).

reezo, thank you so much for the EOD mod! i love it. expect some good missions coming in the future :).

Thanks Bink! I feel honored, really! (big fan of your work!)