Sign in to follow this  
Dead3yez

Should the default FOV (Field of view) be higher?

Should the default FOV be higher?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Should the default FOV be higher?

• Yes. (zoomed out)
    • Yes, I already use a higher custom setting.
    • It's fine.
    • No. (zoomed in)
    • No, I already use a lower custom setting.

The best way to solve this is to let users to adjust fov in stettings.

Can't be done. Will lead to unfair disadvantages for anyone without the max fov

Right...

Not quite...

Bigger screens also give an upper hand....

Many (competitive) games have this option as default and nobody complain about it.

I agree with the simple solution of, More monitors or Trackir.

That way you can see everything whenever you like, just turn your head and look at it :-)

When purchasing sophisticated and complex simulations such as ARMA, people seem forget to include the hardware that the software is designed to be used with.

Buying ARMA without Trackir is like buying a car with no wheels.

Where did BIS said that they are developing A3 just for people who have multi-monitor setup and/or TrackIR? Just imagine people were forced to buy X amount of additional hardware just to play + enjoy BIS games.... :rolleyes:

That way you can see everything whenever you like, just turn your head and look at it :-)

When purchasing sophisticated and complex simulations such as ARMA, people seem forget to include the hardware that the software is designed to be used with.

You still need to seriously adjust the FOV with triple monitor though, unless you enjoy life through a fish eye lens. I tend to go for 55 or lower and it can still leave a bit stretching at the sides.

How Take On looks for me, notice the centre third is what an ordinary single screen player will see and therefore not get the stretching on the other displays. The higher the FOV, the worse it gets.

Where did BIS said that they are developing A3 just for people who have multi-monitor setup and/or TrackIR? Just imagine people were forced to buy X amount of additional hardware just to play + enjoy BIS games.... :rolleyes:

I enjoyed ARMA & OFP for many years without because It's just brilliant :-) but realised when I got Trackir that I'd only been playing half of the game.

I would say buying ARMA without Trackir is like buying a car with no sunroof. ARMA still does what it's supposed to without TrackIR but it's hard for a car to work without wheels.

Additionally the double "-" press doesn't work (for me at least) when you have a scoped weapon in your hand.

Edited by Jakerod

I agree with the people saying that we need a sticky (double -) zoom out for vehicles like planes etc.