Sign in to follow this  
daman3

Actionmenu too cluttered

Gear window would be ideal (not like you're going to hot-swap optics in battle anyway, unless they're all magically zeroed or something in the future :cool:), but even something like Crysis, where you hit the Weapon Menu button and the gun turns and you can choose from different attachments in a 3D menu. That could be cool (albeit not super realistic, but neither is having a gear "menu", either. ;)).

Just worried about at lower fps comps how long the action menu might take and delays in that kind of system.

Gear menu just makes the most sense to me. You interact with you gear that is stowed away somewhere. It allows mission maker to interfere if need be. Consistent with other features. Uses already made features. When you close the gear dialog, an anim is played where you change the gear - maybe sped up compared to real to make up for loss of time in the gear dialog.

Gear menu just makes the most sense to me. You interact with you gear that is stowed away somewhere. It allows mission maker to interfere if need be. Consistent with other features. Uses already made features. When you close the gear dialog, an anim is played where you change the gear - maybe sped up compared to real to make up for loss of time in the gear dialog.

No need for a sped up animation, looking for stuff in the gear menu simulates finding out that the stuff you actually need at the moment ended up on the bottom of your backpack, like in real life. :P

Not just the new features either but these minimal but never the less annoying problems persist in A2. The clogged up firemode selector, especially when considering mods and 10 types of grenades. :p The fact you cycle through things that are virtually to no use when trying to kill the enemy like IR strobes, and things that need reloading like the M203, to finally get to the semi-auto function and fire. Then you're talking about scrolling and having a list, of which with low fps and sheer speed, you can easily click the wrong button and all kinds of things. Definitely needs a bit of love. People have mentioned plenty of things they'd like to see, from different key binds to a Crysis like flower menu. Not bad ideas.... keep it up.

This is very important to me. Going from auto to semi is a mess if you are packed up with gear. I hate switching my firemode selector while having to study the "firemode hint" in fear of accidentally popping of a nade... Also, the cluttered action-menu is confusing, and I hate to extract under fire, and have to make sure that Im boarding the vehicle and not just pulling out my sidearm. Then comes the problem when an AI steps in front of me and changes up the whole menu, making me hit the wrong button and ultimately getting me killed... All I wanted to do was do dive in the vehicle and GTFO.

Would be Cool to see a Take on Heli styled Interaction with your person, having to Put mags in the Pockets and take them out etc..

As well as having to Attach the scopes realistically (eg, Having to Release the Catch and Sliding off PSO scopes etc...)

Although, that's Probably a Bit far off, Maybe ArmAIV eh?

Lol, just no (on the mags in pockets) :D Way too much. We're "fighting the UI" more than enough already.

@NeMeSiS: Good point. Funny how things are always located in the spots you don't look in first :) Real world has procedures, but real world is never perfect either.

I know that there already are too many buttons/keys in use. But the firemode selector really ought to have it's own dedicated key.

Other than that I suggest a split radio dialogue and action menu. The action menu could be either placed in the center of the screen or on the right. Where as the radio dialogue menu can keep it's current position.

I think that these adjustments would change the game for the better without making radical design changes. And I think most will agree with me.