Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Does the AI handle sidearms properly now?

Hi,

I don't get to play ArmA2 OA alot, so I'm interested in how the AI handle sidearms now in your opinion.

I removed sidearms from the addons I worked on because back then in ArmA2 (non OA) they were pulling their sidearms out randomly and at an awkward timing.

Can they safely be added to units?

Sometimes they pull their sidearms and never go back to their rifles, it still happens.

That will never be fixed i guess and i hate it so much, nothing kills immersion better than a unit that kneels with its sidearm or even without one and doesnt want to move anymore, seems this happens most if you order units with sidearms to crouch.

Sometimes it helps to shoot them then heal them to get them back to normal but hey that cant really be the solution...

Guess the simplest solution for now may be a unit menue order like in OFP where you could order AI to switch a weapon.

Yep - vote it up. The problem is still there and is a right royal pain when designing SP missions with AI team-mates. For now I have resorted to removing hand-guns from all squad AI in the missions I build. It's just like I take toys off my kids if they don't play with them properly (i.e using them to try and kill each other with!!).

Hi, on the ArmA2 the AI pulls off the side arms when they're at a certain distance from and NME, is better to remove the side arms from 'em as they don't use 'em properly and the animations for the handguns are few and bad, aside of the problems related to 'em like the AI getting stunk... swapping weapons on and on... etc. BIS should add more and better animations for the handguns; aside of improve the movement and reduce the irrational and jerky sway when walking aiming down the sights. Let's C ya

If you have the advanced injury simulation enabled, you can "fix" your teammates by incapacitating them and then reviving. Sure, it's not a real fix but it's better than nothing, right?