Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

Improvements to third person view?

I'm just saying, the issue is already really solved. Whether or not BIS implements a nice option to turn it off or not, well that's up to them.

If 3d person is removed I personally will never buy the game. Call me amateur or whatever but I play both 2d and 3d person . I like to have the opportunity to choose my self.

Nikiforos, let me don't beleive you. You will buy Arma even without 3rd view option, and let me explain why:

Ability to watch from 3rd person view cannot be only one reason to buy the one game or another. It cannot be a maim reason too. I hope I don't need to explain such simple fact. But if you want to continue a demagogy again, I will explain this, no doubt.

So, 3rd view ability may be a reason to choose Arma from other analogous games.

However, if 3rd view will be disabled, you will still have the rest of Arma features, and there still will be no one analog with 3rd view. So, 3rd view don't have strong influence to your desicion.

Personally, I like Arma not for 3rd view, but for the rest of it's main features. But these features are crossed out mostly by the lack - 3rd view. And I can't be tolerant with this lack already. No more.

And I can find many tactical games, which have Arma features MORE OR LESS, exclude specific, but without 3rd view. And your posts have no arguments

Gossammer, there is no difference between 3rd view may be swiched by the script or by the difficulty settings. Admins of 99,9999999% servers will enable 3rd or use a mission without script. Wrote it 5-7 pages ago. Read the posts.

Edited by woore

Well I like to have 3rd person view when I play single player missions and in editor. I dont mind playing without 3rd person view in multiplayer .

Nikiforos, let me don't beleive you. You will buy Arma even without 3rd view option, and let me explain why:

... And allow me to not believe you when you say that you won't buy ArmA3 with 3rd person. For one simple reason:

It.

Can.

Be.

Disabled.

Gossammer, there is no difference between 3rd view may be swiched by the script or by the difficulty settings. Admins of 99,9999999% servers will enable 3rd or use a mission without script. Wrote it 5-7 pages ago. Read the posts.

You never did answer the question of logic, why do most servers allow 3rd person?

Well I like to have 3rd person view when I play single player missions and in editor. I dont mind playing without 3rd person view in multiplayer .

I have nothing against 3rd in editor. I told about 3rd in campaign, read my post, 5th or 6th page

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

You never did answer the question of logic, why do most servers allow 3rd person?

Because they're hunting for attendancy. And most of people like to play with 3rd, because it's easier. So, we have almost all servers with 3rd

However, disabeling 3rd view will not lead to significant sells decrease. By many reasons. And if you want to know one of them - read my post to Nikiforos. If you want more - find it yourself, I don't want to read a lecture about marketing sciense here.

However, it can increase the sells by inflow a new customers, which wants a balanced gameplay

Dude... give it up already!

It's not going to be disabled, there's already an option! It's not going to get any better than that! DEAL WITH IT!

Because they're hunting for attendancy. And most of people like to play with 3rd, because it's easier. So, we have almost all servers with 3rd

However, disabeling 3rd view will not lead to significant sells decrease. By many reasons. And if you want to know one of them - read my post to Nikiforos. If you want more - find it yourself, I don't want to read a lecture about marketing sciense here.

However, it can increase the sells by inflow a new customers, which wants a balanced gameplay

All that sounds exactly like assumption to me. Funny how all the "facts" come from you, and all the "demagogy" comes from everyone else. I'll post a quote from Scot Adams' character The Pointy Haired Boss:

"Bad ideas are easy to spot - they come from other people".

Anyway. As GossamerSolid says, the decision is already made, and either decision won't prevent me from purchase.

Refer to post number, rather than page. I'm still on page 3 here ;) Woore is right though, they do it to attract people, as most prefer the easy way out. Ref other games that have it disabled or impossible to activate (other than dev modes and glitches). Once such videos pop up, they become very popular with "how did you do it". Still, the devs think it would be bad design, and refuse to put it in. What people wants doesn't make it right. Ref "how much taxes would you pay if it was up to you"?

A new command setDifficulty[] (we already have difficultyEnabled) could be a step forward for mission makers, but I don't expect too many to care about things like this. I control accessibility to 3rd person myself, but a constant loop is not good design.

No, it won't prevent me from purchase. But it's already preventing me from playing public games.

Just have a loop checking if the camera is external, if so, set it back to internal! Bam issue solved!

Read above, yes I know about this, and I force it in Domino for non drivers. Give me working mirrors (TAKOH), adjustable eye position (TAKOH), and better bicycle/ATV physics, and I would have removed it completely. But with a proper command for it, I could force off weapon cursor (I don't expect you have a solution for that as well, do you?) for most except maybe BMP3 side gunners. In AI games, I could make the player choose what kind of command style he prefer (map or 3rd/tactical), and set his difficulties appropriately.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

DMarkwick, 3rd view is NOT changement in engine. I don't care, will you purchase smt or not. Anyway, seems like devs aren't reading this topic.

Edited by woore

No, it won't prevent me from purchase. But it's already preventing me from playing public games.

Do you mean it's preventing you from playing some public games? As far as I can tell, the problem is not one of feature, but setup.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

3rd view is NOT changement in engine. I don't care, will you purchase smt or not. Anyway, seems like devs aren't reading this topic.

You're really quite full of yourself. I mention my own purchase decision because that's what you did.

So:

Only facts come from yourself.

Everyone else is full of "demagogy".

Your opinions are exactly the same as proof.

Only what you decide to do is important enough to read.

Pffft. I'm done with the topic. Or rather, done with discussions with people who wish to dictate fun.

Only facts come from yourself.

Everyone else is full of "demagogy"

I've proved, which of your arguments are arguments, and which are demagogy. If you have short memory, read the discussion again.

Also, you may read even in wiki, what the demagogy is.

You are dictating, how to have fun too. And if your "fun" is discrimination of honest players - then yes, I will dictate it to you.

Pffft. I'm done with the topic. Or rather, done with discussions with people who wish to dictate fun.

I hope so

@Carl, I told it to him about 100 times. Either he has short memory, either he's concious demagogue, which wants to play with personal mini - UAV

Edited by woore

And when people wonder why I don't play mp, i point them to topics like this. Anyways, I think this is pretty much a done conversation. It will be in the game no matter what. I don't really care either way, i like the option of both for making missions and what not. And Woore, the devs do read these topics, and I bet they would say the same thing they have always said. ArmA is a game first and always will be. ;)

Fascinating how few people have an issue how most others like to enjoy A2OA... Maybe they should first of all ask server admins nicely if they would test/play a mission without 3rd person view and no crosshairs? It won't change anything if you can't or don't like to communicate with people who pay+play on different servers. Its not BIS main concern how people like to play - together - their main concern is about how many people will like and buy A3. The more options - the more people can choose from what they like or not. No need to force players to "like" only a certain gameplay style. ;)

Btw the OP was just asking for a different view angle in 3rd person view.

BTT?! :D

You are dictating, how to have fun too. And if your "fun" is discrimination of honest players - then yes, I will dictate it to you.

Actually, I'm the one in favour of the option. I've already, several times, agreed that PvP and TvT MP would benefit from no 3rd person.

In other words I appreciate all arguments for & against, and favour the option.

It seems that you are too full of your own shit to fully comprehend viewpoints that do not originate from yourself.

Toodles :)

Here you can find a long discussion about the advantages of 3rd-view.

In fact I would stop playing BIS-games, if they would deactivate it.

It's wrong when people say, it's a noob or cheating view for the extreme unnatural lack of environmental awareness you have without it is in not at all "more real".

Its like wearing a diving masks or the things you put on a horses eyes to make it less nervous ....with artificially reducing the viewing field.

Edited by Herbal Influence

#112 Woore

let me start over again, whether you like it or not it is my belief the DEV's are not going to even consider removing such feature as is 3th person view, when it comes to simple preference.You can't deny or influence the way how's everyone going to play the mission or the game.

In this case you not figting as or me here, your fight is with the DEV's.

Don't get me wrong though i too agree 3th view is rather necessary to disable for MP's but it appears that your suggestion is simply remove the feature and influence every single ARMA player and the way they play,including singleplayer AND toying with missions.Whilst as said there are servers with 3th disabled ( just filter - [RIP-UK] for example, its coop) and in my experience it can be disabled in params server side so there is no need to remove it becouse of YOUR personal preference.

Now pip pip go find server:cool:

In fact I would stop playing BIS-games, if they would deactivate it.

No, you won't. Read the topic from start, then - post comments pls

Bee8190, read the topic. I told about 3rd in SP

Edited by woore

Ability to throw grenades the ''bowling style'', not always sky high toss pls

Edited by Bee8190
Wrong thred i apologize

1st post by BF2_Trooper

Does third person view need to be improved in some way or remain as it is?

I for one think we need a more funtional third person view where one can actually aim at something. Wouldnt mind if third person ressembled actual third person shooter games like Splinter Cell.

woore
My suggestions about how to improve 3rd person view

In case of infantry:

1) Disable it

2)Lock the ability to enable it in configs

3)Kill it with fire

Reason: we don't have 3rd person view even in arcade Battlefield, it's a cheat and we should not play games with built-in cheats online

:rolleyes:

Guys don't have logical discussions around woore, because according to him... we're all a bunch of idiots and only his opinions are right.

I'm going to report this thread to get it locked as I think there's literally no point to any further discussion.

NoRailgunner, and I have written later about 3rd in campaign)

Gossammer, now you're just discriminating me. Your "arguments" are becoming more and more nice each time.

Edited by woore

Guys don't have logical discussions around woore...

Actually, it would appear logical discussions are hard to come by on these forums nowadays. :rolleyes:

Thread locked.