Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Libyan Revolution Helmet Cam

***LeGeNDK1LLER*** said:
according to some people(not talking to you), everything which is not the official true promoted by pro-governative media is a conspiracy theories....bah. except a couple of war i wonder how many wars were fought for the reason that the government gave to the public opinion.

Nope, it's just that some people actually take time to research and analyse, unlike some, who spend 10 minutes on Google and fill in the blanks with whatever fairytale suits them best.*

*Usually, tabloid style answers like oil, "west" is evil and so on. Post 73 being a prime example. Such precise knowledge about an event that is confusing (to say the least) and still going on.

Nope, it's just that some people actually take time to research and analyse, unlike some, who spend 10 minutes on Google and fill in the blanks with whatever fairytale suits them best.*.

there's no relation between mine post and your quote. since here i guess we dont have that kind of people you are describing. usually when i partecipate at 1 discussion i dont show every link, video that formed the idea i have to expose. since i dont want to make a research just to post. i made a research when i want to have an idea about an argument.

in case someone want to know the source of mi opinions he has just to ask :bounce3:

and by the way i've already offered various links proving that there are no evidences of the gaddafi massacres. just go back in the topic :rolleyes:

moreover how do you know who's taking hours to have a better knownledge about an argument and who is making a 10 min. research on google. are you a magician!

*Usually, tabloid style answers like oil, "west" is evil and so on. Post 73 being a prime example. Such precise knowledge about an event that is confusing (to say the least) and still going on. :rolleyes:

extremization. not a smart tool to make more credibles your arguments.

bombing serbia during the balkan war, result: more the 1000 deaths of civilians not related with the balkan war.

invading afghanistan for "war on terror". thousand of civilians killed by not so smart smart bombs and drones, result: the war it's still going on and the coalization is not winning at all.

iraq: war legittimated with bullshit, result: hundreds of thousand civilians killed from us marines and local militias. the country is more unstable than before and now we have islamic extremists while before the invasion we didn't had.

libya: hundreds of civilians killed by nato airstrikes due to support the rebels against the "brutal" gaddafi. well the rebels are full of ex-gaddafi politicians and soldiers and also there are islamic extremists with them.

i dont know if the west is evil but i can ensure you these western countries are not the right guys to promote values and democracy around the world.

basically they made more deaths than milosevic, gaddafi and the talibans togheter.

ask for a link if you really need cuz you are not informed.

So much for the BIS community being mature and intelligent.

guess it is, just take a look at how no-sense and out of the contest your post is.

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

Analysing an event that is on going and not clear cut is not an easy task and has many pitfalls. Only some time after the event do we begin to get a clear picture.

i can agree if you are talking in general. personally i guess in this case we have a lot of info to form an idea. but yeah, more we wait and more your personal thoughts will be deeper

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

For example, if a crime takes place in front of a large group of people and the police investigate, each witness will provide a different statement and description of the suspect. Only once the event has happened and the police can investigate and gather evidence do things become more clear. Moreover, if events are so easy to understand and study as they are happening we would have no need for historians.

the problem is that in this case the "police" that should investigate it's the same police who's have invaded the country and demonizated the gaddafi regime. could please tell me which kind of international association/institution could investigate the libyan war and at the same time being credible?

I was just using that as an example but plenty of NGOs, other organisations and including Libyans themselves will no doubt conduct investigations into various events that took place during the revolution once it finishes.

Revolution? I take it nobody bothered to watch the clip :plain:

I don't see what this video proves other than that the few thousand people in that video supported Ghadaffi. A few thousand people does not equal the whole of Libya.

Yes, he has his supporters, otherwise the fighting would not have lasted as long as it has. Clearly, the fact that there has been a large uprising of Libyans and the defection of military units shows that a significant number of the people don't care for him.

Edited by Snafu

I don't see what this video proves other than that the few thousand people in that video supported Ghadaffi. A few thousand people does not equal the whole of Libya.

Yes, he has his supporters, otherwise the fighting would not have lasted as long as it has. Clearly, the fact that there has been a large uprising of Libyans and the defection of military units shows that a significant number of the people don't care for him.

Sure. I'm not going to argue that you are wrong, I'm just saying that Ghadaffi is supported by a majority of the Libyan people. Do you think this massive "green gathering" would have been possible if Ghadaffi actually had "killed unarmed civilians"? It was not a peaceful protest against the regime but a well organized and armed uprising. The same thing would have happened in any nation. It's like with the "ship to Gaza" incident where Israel is being bashed for defending themselves against aggressive "activists" that jumped Israeli soldiers and bashed the crap out of them with weapons. It was obviously planned ahead to provoke Israel and give them bad PR. It succeeded.

I'm not a big fan of Ghadaffi but US and NATO have no right to overthrow the regime in Libya. Considering NATO is responsible for thousands of civilian casualties, many of which are women and children, I have to say they failed the UN resolution miserably and should withdraw all forces. If the purpose of all this was to protect civilians that is, which I doubt.

Regardless of what I have said here, I'm not anti American. Actually I am pro USA and even pro Israel. I don't like being lied to however and I'm worried about how things within the American power structure work. The potential for misplaced power is very real. Pretty much how Eisenhower elegantly put it when he warned about the MIC in his farewell address to the nation on January 17, 1961.

"... In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together."

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

according to some people(not talking to you), everything which is not the official true promoted by pro-governative media is a conspiracy theories....bah. except a couple of war i wonder how many wars were fought for the reason that the government gave to the public opinion.

That is very true. It's incredibly dangerous to generalize other people's opinion on political issues based solely on what they learn from mainstream media.

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance." - Albert Einstein.

9/11 is a good example of this. People seem to forget that the official theory in fact is a "conspiracy theory". The problem is, not even the 9/11 commissioners themselves really believe in it. Over 60% openly said that, in agreement with Pentagon and the White House they where told not to tell the whole truth about what really happened. The investigation was stonewalled and they where denied access to key witnesses and documents. Former senator Max Cleland resigned from the commission calling it a "national scandal". After the White House set conditions for the examination of documents Cleland said, "If this decision stands, I, as a member of the commission, cannot look any American in the eye, especially family members of victims, and say the commission had full access. This investigation is now compromised."

So why should the American people, family members of victims "and the world" believe the official "conspiracy theory" put forward by the 9/11 commission? They don't deserve a new independent investigation of this event, the biggest attack on American soil in history? Really?

The cover-up is pretty damn obvious too. For example the official story regarding the attack on Pentagon have been questioned by thousands of professional aviators and pilots from all over the world. Still, the FBI confiscated all tapes from surveillance camera around the area of Pentagon only a few hours after the attack. Not only Pentagons own surveillance cameras but from nearby hotels, gas stations and such. Why? These tapes can prove what really happened so why not release them? There can only be one reason for this. They don't want you to see what really happened :j: Then you have thousands of professional architects, engineers and demolition experts from all over the world, of which the most famous of them "Danny Joweko" who recently died in a carcrash (no witnesses) openly questioned the collapse of building 7 (WTC7) and claimed it had to be a controlled demolition. He was sure of it. WTC7 was not hit by a plane. It had slight asymmetrical damage caused by falling debris, but still collapsed symmetrically at free fall speed = no resistance. Considering the building was a steel skyscraper made up with thousands of tons of constructional steel, that is more then a little strange. In fact both FEMA and NIST failed to explain it and even tried to cover up the fact that WTC7 fell at free fall, but later had to admit they where wrong. NIST never investigated into the possibility of a controlled demolition and the 9/11 commission never mentioned this building in the report. Not a word.

OK so I have probably said enough about this. I don't want to die in a car crash :p Move along, nothing to see here.

i wouldn't use the word large to definy the defection from the libyan military.

and what that proof? nothing to my eyes. i guess we cant understand if the ex-soldiers of gaddafi were payed by NATO or simply they joined the revolution cuz gaddafi is a bad boy.

i can ensure you that is typical of the middle-east people, of south-italians too, to join the winner by leaving the boat that could sink. is a sort of a strong survival instinct.

i can ensure you that is typical of the middle-east people, of south-italians too, to join the winner by leaving the boat that could sink.

Because we are not trying to generalize here, are we? FPDR

Plus Lybia is not even part of the real middle east anyway.

Because we are not trying to generalize here, are we? FPDR

Plus Lybia is not even part of the real middle east anyway.

i was thinking about the arab people. big big mistake ye i know they are africa. sorry. by the way if we look at history im not saying a bullshit.

joining the winner by leaving the boat that could sink is a constant of these populations.

im not saying they all act in this way, just most of them.

how long they have waited before turning the back to gaddafi...

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

I dont know about that arabic thing you say, but I dont know if I would call the Lybian soldiers that diserted traitors. Right minded suits them better perhaps. Of course looking at the matter from a non-militaristic point of view. From that point of view they would be the devil himself.

I dont even think most of them really hates the rebels. They are fighting for their freedom, in theory, while the soldiers are fighting for what? Just to let a clown roam around the world with sunglasses and with his circus and amazons(speaking of ideology here, not money or material things.. Of course soldiers get paid and have privileges)..

But then again this might just be my very external point of view. Lybian soldiers probably dont see things like this. Or they arent allowed to see them like this.

Sure. I'm not going to argue that you are wrong, I'm just saying that Ghadaffi is supported by a majority of the Libyan people. Do you think this massive "green gathering" would have been possible if Ghadaffi actually had "killed unarmed civilians"? It was not a peaceful protest against the regime but a well organized and armed uprising. The same thing would have happened in any nation. It's like with the "ship to Gaza" incident where Israel is being bashed for defending themselves against aggressive "activists" that jumped Israeli soldiers and bashed the crap out of them with weapons. It was obviously planned ahead to provoke Israel and give them bad PR. It succeeded.

I'm not a big fan of Ghadaffi but US and NATO have no right to overthrow the regime in Libya. Considering NATO is responsible for thousands of civilian casualties, many of which are women and children, I have to say they failed the UN resolution miserably and should withdraw all forces. If the purpose of all this was to protect civilians that is, which I doubt.

I don't see how you can possibly know a majority of people support Gaddafi. He certainly doesn't have a majority now.

Being a war, and a civil war at that, I think it's safe to assume the loyalist forces have political enemies killed intentionally. The rebels have most likely done the same.

The NATO campaign has inevitably led to civilian casualties which is impossible to avoid in an air campaign.

A large section of the Libyan people rose up and are chasing the loyalists out of the country, not NATO. Air power alone does not win a war and the rebels have had to do the fighting to get rid of him.

i wouldn't use the word large to definy the defection from the libyan military.

I said a large amount of Libyans rebelled, including soldiers, who are also Libyan people.

I don't see how you can possibly know a majority of people support Gaddafi. He certainly doesn't have a majority now.

Being a war, and a civil war at that, I think it's safe to assume the loyalist forces have political enemies killed intentionally. The rebels have most likely done the same.

The NATO campaign has inevitably led to civilian casualties which is impossible to avoid in an air campaign.

A large section of the Libyan people rose up and are chasing the loyalists out of the country, not NATO. Air power alone does not win a war and the rebels have had to do the fighting to get rid of him.

I said a large amount of Libyans rebelled, including soldiers, who are also Libyan people.

Information about the current situation in Libya is sketchy at best. I wonder where you got that information? :rolleyes: The green gathering was in early July and a lot have happened since then. Still, to claim that a majority of the Libyan people support Ghadaffi is in fact a little modest. He is tremendously popular in all of Africa and have friends all over the world, including Nelson Mandela who called him "one of the 20th century's greatest freedom fighters". For example when war broke out in Uganda, Congo, Ethiopia, Eritrea.. Ghadaffi negotiated cease fires as part of his long held dream of unifying the continents of Africa. A dream that made him quite a few enemies.

In fact he is pretty good at provoking and making enemies :p Here is a rather entertaining clip:

Back to the point. NATO has no legal right to take sides in a "civila war". US/NATO have no right to overthrow the regime in Libya! That was not part of the UN resolution! The day NATO manages to kill Ghadaffi and his sons we are going to be bombarded with NATO-glorifying propaganda in main stream media. Think of it what you will but it's probably not a good thing for the Libyan people or Africa as a whole and certainly nothing to be celebrated.

This is the last comment I'm doing on this subject. I'm not Libyan or African or Muslim.. I simply don't care enough :p Besides taking sides in a conflict you don't know enough about is kind of pointless, and possibly dangerous considering the risk of spreading harmful misinformation.

Edited by joogrr

Well Ghadaffi is right in one thing: the UN security council is really just a bad joke.

I mean honestly, what have they achieved?

Information about the current situation in Libya is sketchy at best. I wonder where you got that information? :rolleyes: The green gathering...blah

Then how can you make claims? Something about pot, kettle and black springs to mind.

Civilians always get killed in war. It's a safe assumption and not a specific claim that requires evidence, such as, the majority of Libyans support Gaddafi.

Edited by Snafu

Then how can you make claims? Something about pot, kettle and black springs to mind.

Not as much "claims" as common knowledge. Feel free to disprove what I say instead of relying on personal attacks. Being an idiot is nothing to brag about.

Civilians always get killed in war. It's a safe assumption and not a specific claim that requires evidence, such as, the majority of Libyans support Gaddafi.

Your point being? What was the purpose of the UN resolution again? Enlighten me.

"Since Nato started bombing, Gaddafi support and approval ratings have actually soared to about 85 per cent. Of the 2,335 tribes in Libya, over 2,000 are still pledging their allegiance to the embattled president."

- Scott Taylor, thechronicleherald.ca

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/83092,news-comment,news-politics,dont-underestimate-libyan-support-for-colonel-gaddafi

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/185602.html

http://libyarevolt.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/support-of-the-libyan-people-for-colonel-gaddafi/

< Civilians arm themselves

Not as much "claims" as common knowledge. Feel free to disprove what I say instead of relying on personal attacks. Being an idiot is nothing to brag about.

Sorry, but your claim is most certainly not common knowledge and is, frankly, dubious. Where's your evidence?

And 'pot calling the kettle black' is hardly an insult.

Your point being? What was the purpose of the UN resolution again? Enlighten me.

I don't need to provide evidence that civilians have been killed. It goes hand in hand with war and there have been several reports of both sides, intentionally or not.

Sorry, but your claim is most certainly not common knowledge and is, frankly, dubious. Where's your evidence?

And 'pot calling the kettle black' is hardly an insult.

I don't need to provide evidence that civilians have been killed. It goes hand in hand with war and there have been several reports of both sides, intentionally or not.

I was referring to your previous post (#76) that I choose to ignore.

Check previous reply for "evidence" :rolleyes:

Clearly you misunderstood my question. I didn't ask for evidence of civilian casualties. Read it again.

I was referring to your previous post (#76) that I choose to ignore.

Check previous reply for "evidence" :rolleyes:

Clearly you misunderstood my question. I didn't ask for evidence of civilian casualties. Read it again.

I posted my response as you finished your edit.

Seems I misunderstood but no worries, English isn't your first language.

"Since Nato started bombing, Gaddafi support and approval ratings have actually soared to about 85 per cent. Of the 2,335 tribes in Libya, over 2,000 are still pledging their allegiance to the embattled president."

- Scott Taylor, thechronicleherald.ca

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/83092,news-comment,news-politics,dont-underestimate-libyan-support-for-colonel-gaddafi

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/185602.html

http://libyarevolt.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/support-of-the-libyan-people-for-colonel-gaddafi/

< Civilians arm themselves

I'd like to check out the Nova Scotia article to see what the guys source is but access is denied.

Anyway, one article is from back in June and the other is when Tripoli was still in his hands. Personally, I would never use a YouTube video as a source and even then they are also from the summer.

Alas time goes on, events develop, and without numbers the rebels would not have been successful as they have and no doubt their support has grown as their success grew. I wonder how much people support Gaddafi in Free Tripoli now? Let's have a look at Martyr Square (formerly Green Square) after Tripoli fell.

For Tripoli being bastion of support for Gaddafi not a lot of his government officials had much confidence in him.

Clicky

Before he fled, Mlegta had spent just under two months working inside the regime, building up a network of sympathizers. At first, 14 of Gaddafi's officers were prepared to help. By the end there were 72, Mlegta says. "We used to meet at my house and sometimes at the houses of two other officers... We preserved the secrecy of our work and it was in coordination with the NTC executive committee."

Brigadier General Abdulsalam Alhasi, commander of the rebels' main operation center in Benghazi, said those secretly helping the rebels were "police, security, military, even some people from the cabinet; many, many people. They gave us information and gave instructions to the people working with them, somehow to support the revolution."

Overall I found this article which covers many areas of the conflict a worthwhile read.

Edited by Snafu

and

over 40 years ago when Gaddafi liberated Libya from monarchy and replaced it with a democratic system called the Jamahiriya (that puts ours to shame) :/

If Jamahiriya is a democratic system could you explain exactly how that works? Libya has been a 1 party state since the 70's, has never held elections and has 10-20% of the population employed in internal security 'monitoring' the general population and preventing dissent . I'm not quite familiar with that form of democracy - please explain.

It is widely reported, official records were found and photographed and participants openly laugh about how all the Gadaffi 'supporters' were paid to turn up and protest. Did you not know about this?

Elections are going to be held within 18 months. No doubt someone from the old regime will stand and promise to reinstate Gadaffi. Everyone can then vote for that can't they? If you are correct I'm sure it will happen.

I'm also concerned about Captain Gadaffi's record in Africa. Are you sure this is someone you want to support?

Gaddafi sent thousands of troops to fight against Tanzania on behalf of Idi Amin. About 600 Libyan soldiers lost their lives attempting to defend the collapsing presidency of Amin. The Soviet Union also armed Amin and East German Stasi agents came to build Amin's repression machinery. Amin was eventually exiled from Uganda to Libya where he lived till 1980.

Gaddafi also aided Jean-Bédel Bokassa, the Emperor of the Central African Empire.

Gaddafi supported Soviet protege Haile Mariam Mengistu, who was later convicted for one of the deadliest genocides in history.

Gaddafi's World Revolutionary Center (WRC) near Benghazi become a training center for groups backed by Gaddafi. Graduates in power as of 2011 include Blaise Compaoré of Burkina Faso and Idriss Déby of Chad.

Gaddafi trained and supported Liberian dictator Charles Taylor, who was indicted by the Special Court for Sierra Leone for war crimes and crimes against humanity committed during the conflict in Sierra Leone. Foday Sankoh, the founder of Revolutionary United Front, was also Gaddafi's graduate. According to Douglas Farah, "The amputation of the arms and legs of men, women, and children as part of a scorched-earth campaign was designed to take over the region's rich diamond fields and was backed by Gaddafi, who routinely reviewed their progress and supplied weapons".

Gaddafi intervened militarily in the Central African Republic in 2001 to protect his ally Ange-Félix Patassé. Patassé signed a deal giving Libya a 99-year lease to exploit all of that country's natural resources, including uranium, copper, diamonds, and oil.

Edited by PELHAM

If Jamahiriya is a democratic system could you explain exactly how that works?

that was not the point of the thread by the way.

that was not the point of the thread by the way.

I see you tolerate no dissent too? :D

There have been so many off topic posts, including many of yours, I don't think it matters any more. I think it's correct to challenge inconsistency don't you? I probably should have quoted it - quote added.

Edited by PELHAM

Did you hear about the giant convoy that left lybia towards Nigeria? They think that Ghadaffi might be with this convoy

I posted my response as you finished your edit.

It was a second post. The forum adds to your previous post automatically within a certain timeframe. You should know.

Seems I misunderstood but no worries, English isn't your first language.

I'd like to check out the Nova Scotia article to see what the guys source is but access is denied.

Anyway, one article is from back in June and the other is when Tripoli was still in his hands. Personally, I would never use a YouTube video as a source and even then they are also from the summer.

That is exactly what I said. Twice. Check again :rolleyes:

YouTube is not a source. It's a service widely used by alternative media and journalists from all over the world. There are more to see than just cat videos :D

Alas time goes on, events develop, and without numbers the rebels would not have been successful as they have and no doubt their support has grown as their success grew. I wonder how much people support Gaddafi in Free Tripoli now? Let's have a look at Martyr Square (formerly Green Square) after Tripoli fell.

For Tripoli being bastion of support for Gaddafi not a lot of his government officials had much confidence in him.

Clicky

Before he fled, Mlegta had spent just under two months working inside the regime, building up a network of sympathizers. At first, 14 of Gaddafi's officers were prepared to help. By the end there were 72, Mlegta says. "We used to meet at my house and sometimes at the houses of two other officers... We preserved the secrecy of our work and it was in coordination with the NTC executive committee."

Brigadier General Abdulsalam Alhasi, commander of the rebels' main operation center in Benghazi, said those secretly helping the rebels were "police, security, military, even some people from the cabinet; many, many people. They gave us information and gave instructions to the people working with them, somehow to support the revolution."

Overall I found this article which covers many areas of the conflict a worthwhile read.

I know what happened. What I said is US/NATO have no right to overthrow the regime in Libya and that Ghadaffi have a lot of support in both Libya and around the globe. As for the rest, I don't give a sh** to be frank.

Al Jazeera is not alterative media but biased just like CNN or CBS. If you choose to believe the propaganda these channels put out in times of war, that is up to you. Yanks can be fed with incredible amounts of bullshit. It's different here. Donald Trump was right when he said "The world laughs at us."

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

and

If Jamahiriya is a democratic system could you explain exactly how that works? Libya has been a 1 party state since the 70's, has never held elections and has 10-20% of the population employed in internal security 'monitoring' the general population and preventing dissent . I'm not quite familiar with that form of democracy - please explain.

It is widely reported, official records were found and photographed and participants openly laugh about how all the Gadaffi 'supporters' were paid to turn up and protest. Did you not know about this?

Elections are going to be held within 18 months. No doubt someone from the old regime will stand and promise to reinstate Gadaffi. Everyone can then vote for that can't they? If you are correct I'm sure it will happen.

I'm also concerned about Captain Gadaffi's record in Africa. Are you sure this is someone you want to support?

Gaddafi sent thousands of troops to fight against Tanzania on behalf of Idi Amin. About 600 Libyan soldiers lost their lives attempting to defend the collapsing presidency of Amin. The Soviet Union also armed Amin and East German Stasi agents came to build Amin's repression machinery. Amin was eventually exiled from Uganda to Libya where he lived till 1980.

Gaddafi also aided Jean-Bédel Bokassa, the Emperor of the Central African Empire.

Gaddafi supported Soviet protege Haile Mariam Mengistu, who was later convicted for one of the deadliest genocides in history.

Gaddafi's World Revolutionary Center (WRC) near Benghazi become a training center for groups backed by Gaddafi. Graduates in power as of 2011 include Blaise Compaoré of Burkina Faso and Idriss Déby of Chad.

Gaddafi trained and supported Liberian dictator Charles Taylor, who was indicted by the Special Court for Sierra Leone for war crimes and crimes against humanity committed during the conflict in Sierra Leone. Foday Sankoh, the founder of Revolutionary United Front, was also Gaddafi's graduate. According to Douglas Farah, "The amputation of the arms and legs of men, women, and children as part of a scorched-earth campaign was designed to take over the region's rich diamond fields and was backed by Gaddafi, who routinely reviewed their progress and supplied weapons".

Gaddafi intervened militarily in the Central African Republic in 2001 to protect his ally Ange-Félix Patassé. Patassé signed a deal giving Libya a 99-year lease to exploit all of that country's natural resources, including uranium, copper, diamonds, and oil.

WTF ... nobody is expecting you to understand it buddy, least the Libyan people. It's obvious you didn't read the discussion prior to posting :j: All I see is a lot of speculations on your behalf and no references or sources to back it up. Don't even think about addressing me without properly reading the discussion first.