Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Libyan Revolution Helmet Cam

Well, in fact, Lebanon, Iran and Syria are three parts of the same problem. Iran and the Lebanese Hezbollah are helping the Syrian government to crush the actual revolt, to defend common shi'ite interests. You cannot deal with Syria without dealing with Iran, i'm afraid. And that would be a very big deal.

As soon as you bother Iran they get Syria to cause trouble in Lebanon and Israel through the Hezbollah and Hamas organisations which are also funded by Iran. Syria is the key to stability in the whole region. You get rid of Assad and Iran loses it's ability to destabilise the region. That is why the Iranians are so desperate to prop him up.

The key to dealing with Iran is to isolate it. The main block to all that comes from Russia and China who always veto. If Syria and Iran become democratic China and Russia lose income because they can't sell as many weapons and they also rely on Iranian oil. So the pot is kept bubbling because it's mutually beneficial to so many assholes.

Gadaffi buried in secret:

Moammar Gadhafi, his son Muatassim and a top aide were buried in an Islamic ceremony at dawn Tuesday in a secret location, with a few relatives and officials in attendance, officials said.

The burial closed the book on Gadhafi's nearly 42-year rule and the 8-month civil war to oust him, but did not silence international calls for an investigation into whether the widely despised tyrant was executed by his captors.

The NTC said the three would be buried in unmarked graves to prevent vandalism. Presumably, the location would also be kept hidden to prevent it from turning into a shrine for Gadhafi loyalists.

Gadaffi sexually assaulted after capture:

More controversy and lots of headlines about this but all I can see in the pictures and videos is some guy messing about and poking him in the backside with a stick for 30 seconds as Gadaffi is led away. Gadaffi still has his trousers on and it's a bit of a stretch of the truth and terribly PC to call this a sexual assault.

For a man that reportedly frequently raped his female bodyguards and other women, had charges filed against him by the ICC for ordering rape of protesters and the case of Eman al-Obeidi who burst into a Tripoli Hotel after being raped by 15 Gadaffi soldiers, well a little chastisement with a stick amounts to nothing really.

Edited by PELHAM

Gadaffi sexually assaulted after capture:

More controversy and lots of headlines about this but all I can see in the pictures and videos is some guy messing about and poking him in the backside with a stick for 30 seconds as Gadaffi is led away. Gadaffi still has his trousers on and it's a bit of a stretch of the truth and terribly PC to call this a sexual assault.

For a man that reportedly frequently raped his female bodyguards and other women, had charges filed against him by the ICC for ordering rape of protesters and the case of Eman al-Obeidi who burst into a Tripoli Hotel after being raped by 15 Gadaffi soldiers, well a little chastisement with a stick amounts to nothing really.

I believe that his soldiers raped someone, I believe that he could have ordered it, that he raped other women is possible and probably likely since our own politicians sometimes shamelessly do it, but raping his female bodyguards is unlikely in my opinion, a bit exaggerated just like saying that “Gadaffi sexually assaulted after captureâ€. But it must have been humiliating for him. Shame on the guy who did it too, poking another man, whoever he is in the ass with a stick is a bit strange... o.O

Edited by -Martin-

I believe that his soldiers raped someone, I believe that he could have ordered it, that he raped other women is possible and probably likely since our own politicians sometimes shamelessly do it, but raping his female bodyguards is unlikely in my opinion, a bit exaggerated just like saying that “Gadaffi sexually assaulted after captureâ€. But it must have been humiliating for him. Shame on the guy who did it too, poking another man, whoever he is in the ass with a stick is a bit strange... o.O

Well 5 guards have reported it and the ICC were taking it seriously:

Five women who were part of Col. Moammar Gaddafi’s elite team of female bodyguards say they were raped and abused by the now fugitive Libyan leader.

The Sunday Times of Malta reports that the former bodyguards said Gaddafi and his sons raped and abused them and then discarded the women once the men became “bored†with them.

Benghazi-based psychologist Seham Sergewa has collected the details for use by the International Criminal Court (ICC), which is investigating possible war crimes by Gaddafi and his associates.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/gaddafis-female-bodyguards-say-they-were-raped-abused-by-the-libyan-leader/2011/08/29/gIQA8TOKnJ_blog.html

Well 5 guards have reported it and the ICC were taking it seriously:

Five women who were part of Col. Moammar Gaddafi’s elite team of female bodyguards say they were raped and abused by the now fugitive Libyan leader.

The Sunday Times of Malta reports that the former bodyguards said Gaddafi and his sons raped and abused them and then discarded the women once the men became “bored†with them.

Benghazi-based psychologist Seham Sergewa has collected the details for use by the International Criminal Court (ICC), which is investigating possible war crimes by Gaddafi and his associates.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/gaddafis-female-bodyguards-say-they-were-raped-abused-by-the-libyan-leader/2011/08/29/gIQA8TOKnJ_blog.html

Well it’s certainly possible (it would say 99%), it just seems strange to me that he would abuse the people that he relied on to keep him safe, especially the 30 closest ones, considering that he was quite an intelligent man. But then again it’s strange to have a team of female body guards too. But these kinds of people are known for doing anything.

That his sons did it - I have absolutely no doubt about that considering who their dad was and their age, they would obviously take advantage of it. But it seems a bit strange to me that they would do it together with their dad.

Strange topics on these forums lately... :biggrin:

But since we're talking about the body guards I found this:

Colonel Gaddafi spent his final days reading, jotting down notes and brewing tea on a coal stove, his chief bodyguard has revealed.
Speaking from his jail cell in the port city of Misrata, Dao, a member of the Gaddafi clan, told how the 69-year-old took a back seat.

"He was not leading the battle," Dao said of Gaddafi. "His sons did that. He did not plan anything or think about any plan."

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/10/25/gaddafi-dead-bodyguard-reveals-colonel-gaddafi-spent-final-days-reading-writing-notes-and-brewing-tea-115875-23513823/#ixzz1bqRc1nfn

^ Could be true, the way his side fought was like if it was the red army or something when it wasn’t (something that an experienced man would not do) but Ghadafii definitely helped them more than by just making announcements.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/10/25/gaddafi-dead-bodyguard-reveals-colonel-gaddafi-spent-final-days-reading-writing-notes-and-brewing-tea-115875-23513823/

Edited by -Martin-

Well it’s certainly possible (it would say 99%), it just seems strange to me that he would abuse the people that he relied on to keep him safe,

Well it was an open joke for years that it was just a flimsy excuse to have a lot of girlfriends. We just assumed they were all willing participants, looks like some were not.

Well it was an open joke for years that it was just a flimsy excuse to have a lot of girlfriends. We just assumed they were all willing participants, looks like some were not.

I would say that most of them (80%) were not willing participants - maybe they were in the begining but then they wanted to leave, a few of them came there because they thought they will get a better life for their families and a few came there just for the fame.

Edited by -Martin-