Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

Hello my friend, thank you for your videos!

Now, what version of the mod do you run? And do you run any other mods?

What version of the game do you run? Do you run any beta patch?

That's why your rpt would be useful and a ticket with details :)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

NINJA'd by ROBALO!!

Hello my friend, thank you for your videos!

Now, what version of the mod do you run? And do you run any other mods?

What version of the game do you run? Do you run any beta patch?

That's why your rpt would be useful and a ticket with details :)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

NINJA'd by ROBALO!!

Please submit a ticket with your repro mission, see link in post before yours.

both videos are the latest beta, but i I tested with the official patch and i got the same result.

mods only ace

ACE version 501

CBA 162

ACEX 340

I'll make one ticket, right?

Thanks guys.

How to use the ACE_HuntIR_monitor?

I have one ACE_HuntIR_monitor on me

And some ACE_HuntIR_M203 on me as well.

Then I load and shoot up my HuntIR_M203.

But now what, how to activate the monitor?

Does it not work at night?

Do I need some batteries or something with the monitor?

Where can one find a list of all ACE features and the keys used? The list provided on that dev heaven is awful to navigate and I have to dig around many changelogs to get stuff explained. For example the features list many new items for medics, but no explanation how to use.

Is ACE2 compatible with the most recent beta patches? I heard there was some trouble getting them to work flawlessly together.

Will the wounding system still work with the following (a scrip from SHK that checks if players are wounded):

SHK_inAgony = {

private ["_r"];

_r = _this getVariable "BIS_IS_inAgony";

if (isNil "_r") then { _r = false };

_r

};

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

How to use earplugs? When firing a burst of M249, it starts ringing although I have them in inventory?

And wasnt the FAQ mentioning a different artillery system? I was disappointed to see the same artillery computer when using a mortar.

And how to launch ACE properly from steam WITHOUT having to run sixupdater before it? It is a giant pain to have this thing load before a game start (50% CPU usage and 250mb ram). The usual shortcut seems to fail whenever ACE is involved.

Edited by alleycat

Earplugs need to be "put in" via the Self Interaction Menu. They'll disappear from your inventory and you won't blow your ear drums out anymore.

The special artillery system uses the special HMMWV and the special M119. It's... complex. Using Range Tables and T-E from the action menu is better for most weapons I think.

Here's my ACE startup shortcut:

E:\CO\arma2oa.exe "-mod=@ace;@acex;@acex_USNavy;@acex_ru;@ACEX_SM;@CBA" -nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty

Should be noted that ArmA2, BAF and PMC are all loaded automatically via the Expansions menu in my game.

For Steam just replace the E:\CO\ with the path to your OA exe inside steam. Also make sure all the ACE folders are installed under the OA folder. Steam will start itself if you start the OA exe directly, no need for Steam or SU to be open first.

Edited by kylania

thanks, one more question I do have. Where in the hell is that RIGHT APPS key? It is apparently some ACE key

Where in the hell is that RIGHT APPS key? It is apparently some ACE key

Between right windows and right control, below right shift.

Is ACE2 compatible with the most recent beta patches? I heard there was some trouble getting them to work flawlessly together.
All works fine except weapon resting on objects. caused by http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23754

Sounds great, lets hope its stable enough :)
No worries. Lot's of manual and auto testing going on, otherwise hotfix without version increase is likely - so no issues with new bisigns will occur etc ;P

Ahh! This has been plaguing my Arma for the past 2-3 weeks now:

Wow, when you said "memory leak" I thought you just meant the old "it's getting sluggish, I should restart" memory leak not an actual crash the game with an error leak. Yuck.

To bad you ruined all modern ak versions with the laser box thingy.

I have never seen that in any war footage or pictures from russia. Ever. And to bad that you get such a lousy treatment when trying to show you guys.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23770

To bad you ruined all modern ak versions with the laser box thingy.

I have never seen that in any war footage or pictures from russia. Ever. And to bad that you get such a lousy treatment when trying to show you guys.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23770

Too bad you seem to take things personally, and misunderstand how the tracker works, like your assumption that the ticket is closed, but it isn't.

Options are stated, reasoning supplied, and proof requested, yet you read all kinds of things into it it seems, "too bad" you are a lousy ticketeer.

Guess I am then.

Options like 'get another mod'.

Proof, the only proof I have is years of research in pictures and footage. I was just trying to help, and tell you that I cant provide any other proof than what irl footage shows everywhere.

Nevermind, this is the wrong audience for realism in russian weapons I guess. :)

Edited by MugAben

Here's plenty of footage with Eotechs and Red dots.