Sign in to follow this  
mrcash2009

Silly question .. Performing medic heal, how do you stop to get out of incoming fire?

Title says it all, only recently using medic system I realised that you cant really interrupt the medic healing action once you "commit" if you then unexpectedly come under fire.

Something that has slipped my attention until recently, will there, is there, has there ever been a "mid way abort key" ... so you can quit heal and get back in control to run for cover?

today I got into cover to heal an AI ... then I got flanked (nice and sneaky by AI which was good in some ways) .. but then as im under fire I realised .. hmmm, anyone would now jump into cover to return fire but im locked into a sequence I cannot escape.

Strange ive played this to death and only really noticed lately :)

If ive missed something glaringly obvious I will counter a online slap with my own slap to my own face ... but at the moment I couldn't really see how to get out of the animation process.

Ye I sometimes think it's a good idea if ACE can add a water bottle so you can refill your stamina if your in a shit situation of walking for miles..=P

Unfortunately you can't stop the healing animation, there's no key to interrupt it.

It's a flaw in game design. In any case it's always recommended to drag or carry a wounded to a covered position and then heal them. The fact you were flanked was a very unfortunate circumstance. If you're in command, order another AI close to the position where your healing one of your team, in order to provide covering fire.

regards

Ye I sometimes think it's a good idea if ACE can add a water bottle so you can refill your stamina if your in a shit situation of walking for miles..=P
Well, that was a pathetic reply, or a joke? I dont know, not much help though, it wasn't a "realism rant" BTW.
Unfortunately you can't stop the healing animation, there's no key to interrupt it
Yes its a funny one, on one hand I have never really had issue with it, and yes there are many situations in which you need to get cover and drag I always do. On the other I then realised its a bit odd not to be able to in some respects.

For example a medic healing (MP medic role) then you get warning of incoming rounds (MP situation) near the area and need to clear ASAP .. medic cant just drag and re apply later, nor move away from body and get cover.

There should be at least a button to exit heal and re-heal, but anyway was a thought only, I mainly thought I had missed something all this time to do this but I see I wasn't going mad :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Unfortunately you can't stop the healing animation, there's no key to interrupt it.

Well, maybe there´s no explicit key to interrupt healing but if I´m healing a teammate and suddenly get under fire, pressing the 'S- key' (move backwards) two or three times does the trick for me :D

Close the door and hope they don't have blasters?

Well, maybe there´s no explicit key to interrupt healing but if I´m healing a teammate and suddenly get under fire, pressing the 'S- key' (move backwards) two or three times does the trick for me :D

Realy? when im healing I cannot move, all I can do is ALT/move my head while the animation is running its course.

Heres another example for those cynical types posting here, your in the battle field in chernarus fighting through not so dense woodland and some walls, you get pinned down and then a major asset in your Ai team gets hit.

You pop smoke, get a team to left/right flank and cover fire, while this is happening you scoot over and drag injured to the nearest bit of cover you can find. You then perform a heal, while stuck in this course of action rounds are still coming in around you in directly and you think, hmm, need to move to some better cover. Now, to interrupt heal, then drag again further back or to where you can judge it better to perform heal and then re-heal would be perfect. It wouldn't be an unrealistic situation for a medic to be in, even if your not targeted but are getting indirect hits around you, or the cover you took at the beginning of the heal due to the movement of AI has changed in that time and you need to re-adjust.

Anyway, its gone from simply asking if it can be done which is no so, its answered. Just wanted to add about people suggesting things as if somehow its the weirdest thing to be a situation like that. As if healing has a magic scenario for all situations and somehow in a battlefield a medic is insane and must be making mistakes if he did come under fire direct or otherwise while healing in a animation of no escape :) .. Or its somehow a COD request, or there must be a door near or something LOL.

Edited by mrcash2009

If only the "cancel action" key (see controller settings) would work someday...at least to break/interrupt animations in case of a high threat.

Let's see if BIS devs are going to "activate" this feature in A3. Guess they don't play their own games so much. :)

Guess they don't play their own games so much. :)

There are many things in Arma that bring me to this conclusion

If only the "cancel action" key (see controller settings) would work someday...at least to break/interrupt animations in case of a high threat.

Let's see if BIS devs are going to "activate" this feature in A3. Guess they don't play their own games so much. :)

I missed that, and yes, if thats the case it should be working.