I did a look in the posts and didn´t find one to post...So where can I find a discussing post for my need?

Can I open a thread? Where?

Thanks for your pacience

Ask here: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?93-ARMA-2-amp-OA-MISSIONS-Editing-amp-Scripting

Its the forum section for discussing mission editing and scripting.

Use a descriptive thread title about what your issue is, then describe in your post what your trying to do and what your working with, ect,.

Hope that helps.

Hi

Thanks for the help!

I did it...open a Thread "Need to Edit SP Map - Can´t merge files to return to PBO".

If you have some time please take a look there. I advanced, but now I´m stucked with the Script!

Thanks

I have been trying different things based on the advice you gave me. I tried COWARMOD

and then ACE2. I appreciate how much effort you and others have put into modding

arma2, but it is extremely frustrating.

I have been playing the single custom missions where missions are generated randomly

based on what you want. This works much better than the buggyness in the armory.

On both COWARMOD and ACE2:

On all the different maps when my team is inserted there is nearly 100% chance of

myself or teammates wounded/dying leaving the helo as scripted. I have read that some

people take control of the helo directly to prevent problems like this? I don't have

that command option.

After my team gets under fire they still can freeze and refuse to follow move orders

even when they are calling out all clear. I tried the ARD commands. I have tried all

the normal commands, they don't move. Update: I figured out I can switch to the different members using the U key, when I switch to the stuck guys, they are breathing heavily like they are out of breath, and they seem to be stuck in a squatting position, so when I press forward they seem to get up slowly but then move ok. This seems to unstick them, until they get stuck again.

The AI seems to have xray vision and sees all. It puts a laser stream of bullets

right on the tree I am prone, hiding behind, when my team is calling out contact 500m

in the woods.

I know there are mods that affect the AI behavior/accuracy, like mounted_mg_dispersion

in COWARMOD. I read about RUG High Dispersion, have you tried that? It is for all

the plain weapons in OA I think, but I don't know if it will apply to any new weapons

in COWARMOD?

Update: I found COWARMODACE 1.3, so I am going to try those files.

I'd like to configure the mods so that the AI has more realistic awareness and

accuracy.

Thanks

Edited by ddave

Yes use CoWarModACE with ACE, not CoWarMod, the Ace version is custom built for ACE, removing many files that do not work,

or cause issues with ACE, or have features that ACE already has.

Use the COWarModACE release thread for an questions pertaining to that version.

I'd like to configure the mods so that the AI has more realistic awareness and accuracy.

This mod is in CoWarModACe if I remember correctly, it has a userconfig that you can adjust the factions of AI for their accuracy and hearing ect,.

review this thread for that particular mod on how to tweak it:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?95484-Infantry-Stealth-and-Recognition-Skills-Mod

Thanks,

I modified the StealthRecognitionValues.hpp for a little less detection.

I also modified the AI skill coefficients in asr_ai_settings.hpp

I set them from 1 to .1 to see what happens. This has a big effect on accuracy, so that will probably do what I want for game balance.

Part of the problem is that at the distances "real" combat occurs my 1920x1200 monitor just can't display anything comparable to the human eye. So I'm always getting shot by people I can't see.

I noticed that when engaging enemies around/inside buildings, that the AI can sometimes detect and shoot at me with no apparent LOS?

Also they are able to kill me by shooting through the walls of the mud brick buildings when I am inside.

Is this part of the game mechanics or is it a clipping issue with the building models? Any mod settings I can tweak for this?

Like a camo modifier for units inside buildings to help them hide? the AI seems to be able to easily spot me when I'm looking out a window at them.

Its the game's mechanics, and buildings, if you can see AI out of the window, and they you, then they should have no reason not to be able to kill you.

Nothing in CoWarMod for buildings, its all AI, effects, features related to the player and what he does, review the readmes in the documentation folder

should tell you everything there is in the mod, more info on my site.

Günter,

Many thanks for this mod compilation, I just have 1 problem that I hope you can help with.

I got your mod from Play with six and have edited the ARD file in user config to another set of unused keys. Problem is that as soon as I run the game, it resets the config file back to the original values. Is there anything I am missing?

Many thanks

TK

Hi TK, late reply, sorry i missed your post.

Did you change this code?

And when you changed the 16, what did you change it too?

// This changes the key used to open the All Round Defense Menu

[b]	ARD_open_menu = 16; [/b] // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

Hi Günter,

I changed it to the the following

// This changes the key used to open the All Round Defence Menu

ARD_open_menu = 183; // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

// This changes the key to order All Round Defence quickly (without opening the menu)

ARD_quick = 70; // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

but it always returns to 16 when I start the game through play with six... Im guessing PWS restores the original file?

Many thanks

Darren

Yup I'm assuming thats the issue.

Maybe theres some settings on pw6 that you can adjust to stop it from updating the file.

The thing about CoWarMod is that its a very customizable mod, and the problem with the issue that your having is, if you were to remove one

of the files in the mod, for lets say your own preference for customization, will pw6 return that file to the default mod setup?

All i can suggest is check the settings with pw6 and see what makes the program keep your files where they are.

Let me know if you discover anything.

will pw6 return that file to the default mod setup?

Yes, it does.

It always matches the users mod files with whats on their server, even the mod folder name - if a mod's folder name is not the same as on their server, it will not detect it. So if one would like to run a custom version of a mod, create a new mod folder with a different name and add that to the Pw6 mod set.

Thanks for the info Modder, think I been out of the limelight for too long about how pw6 works, but as for Tk's issue in a previous post,

that would be his answer to rename the mod folder. Mod would still work just using a different name.

No problems mate. I was never too keen on Pw6 until I recently found out that there arent really any other easier options to launch A3 mods with. Its actually a pretty decent launcher for BIS games, although for Arma 2 I still prefer to use SpiritedMachine's simple-and-easy launcher. Would recommend this to anyone.

No problems mate. I was never too keen on Pw6 until I recently found out that there arent really any other easier options to launch A3 mods with. Its actually a pretty decent launcher for BIS games, although for Arma 2 I still prefer to use SpiritedMachine's simple-and-easy launcher. Would recommend this to anyone.
1.5 should be a lot better already, but we're looking into providing the more basic easy and quick launch functionality you've come to love from your favorite launcher, stay tuned ;-)

Also we're considering adding support for partial checkouts where you can choose to ignore locally modified files etc :)

If you wanna know / discuss more, please come find us in our threads.

Gunter is a tough dutch-rooted man. A battle commander, philosopher, and a saint.

This may not be the place to say so but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Hey Capt'n, its Sankt. Been looking for you! I'm sending you a PM. Just wanted to see how you are doing. Busy as usual no doubt!

Firstly massive thanks to gunther and his helpers for the excellent mod, well done to any modder out there this includes the ace crew too..

A follower of the black label myself, im london chapter! great band...

i had arma2 first few months of my PC ownership that started a year ago. Heard lots about arma and went for a deal on steam. Great game but riddles with bugs and poor ai.. and gave up arma for good....About a week ago came across this mod and ace. dam i weighed them both up, and finally went with your mod gunther. the AI heal you without the extra distracting menu etc.. Nothing against ACE but some features in that are beyond what i need and hope for a mod. Yours makes more difference to me, and i bought all the DLC really cheap on GAmersgate. Loving the game again.

-Anyway running through the new 6 updater, and i get the error which you had in COSLX about the hpp file, in which you delete the 3 slx files. Well i have to do that to get it to work through 6 updater (I'm using whatever version of cowar is on atm) but can you patch this on 6 updater. Also i get a feeler error (bc6_feeling_icons\data\ico\bc6_l_dmr_ca.paa missing msg after accepting a mission) once in game, think i read you can ignore...?

-Also regarding the AI, are you running a mix of zeus and ASR, can i delete all ASR files and just have zeus or vice versa?

-is there a key command list anywhere for this mod, i found out that pressing P checked your mag, wondering of theres any else. ?

- Im missing the second soldier face on the team icons at the bottome in harvest red.?

- with the mod on SU do we still have to choose over the to mod files ...?

I take it 1.4 is the last version now on arma 2 and good luck in A3.

I cant in words tell you my appreciation for this mod and the hours and months if not years you have put into it thank you..

Cheers for any help mate...

Edited by msportdan

Hi Welcome to BIS forums,

Well i have to do that to get it to work through 6 updater (I'm using whatever version of cowar is on atm) but can you patch this on 6 updater.

Version should be the latest on there, 1.4

Also i get a feeler error (bc6_feeling_icons\data\ico\bc6_l_dmr_ca.paa missing msg after accepting a mission) once in game, think i read you can ignore...?

Yes you can ignore it, I cannot fix it, and the author of that addon said the same, it only comes up once in a while, but it wont hurt anything.

-Also regarding the AI, are you running a mix of zeus and ASR, can i delete all ASR files and just have zeus or vice versa?

Mods not running zeus, review the readmes enclosed --->@COWarMod\documentation\features\features by subject\Ai enhancement

its up to you what you want to use, the mod is customizable.

-is there a key command list anywhere for this mod, i found out that pressing P checked your mag, wondering of theres any else. ?

No not really there isn't a command list but you will find that any keys being used by any addons/mods in the mod will be located in the userconfig, the addon you are referring to is

called scopefx inside the folder is a hpp which you can open with notepad and review, and adjust your keys if needed, but by default the p key is what you use to check your mag.

- Im missing the second soldier face on the team icons at the bottome in harvest red.?

Sorry cant help you there, never played the campaign, and there may be some things that conflict with scripts or stuff in the campaign, cant say.

- with the mod on SU do we still have to choose over the to mod files ...?

Have no idea i dont use SU or pw6.

I take it 1.4 is the last version now on arma 2 and good luck in A3.

Yes v 1.4 is the latest version, and no I wont be doing anything for Arma3, unless I get inspired.

I cant in words tell you my appreciation for this mod and the hours and months if not years you have put into it thank you..

Your welcome, mod series started in 2009 with Arma1. See the history on my website, linked in my sig, go to about WarMod.

Any other questions let me know.

Thanks gunter for the reply..

if I could elaborate on some of my questions.

-namely the SLX hpp not found error, if I delete the SLX ace fix etc etc I get it to work. However im worried im missing great features with these 3 pbos.?

remove:

SLX_ace_fixes

SLX_aiskill

SLX_anim_swim

and the error message will go away.

Those 3 files are asking for the hpp, and the hpp needs to be in the addons folder, same place as those 3 files, as this address:

@COWarMod\addons\SLX.hpp

is basically where the 3 files are looking for the hpp.

I dont get that error, I dont know how you would as no one else has reported anything.

Also be sure to get the 1.3 patch.

-also I meant with the full 1.4 on SU, do we still need to chose over those 2 mods that will cause ai team problems.. I saw mentioned a few posts back. found it

Hi Gunter, thanks for all the hard work on this mod. Love it.

Just wanted to let you know two addons conflicting with eachother:

Copy My Stance

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id...=COPY%2BSTANCE

and

CG animation replacement/enhancement pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id...&highlight=SMK

or

Smookie Animation Pack Lite version

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id...&highlight=SMK

If player uses both GIB and Anims, AI on players team will not cooperate to commands properly, or not at all.

Player must choose to use either GIB or Anims mods, but not both together.

Maybe you can throw this in your Read Me someplace of conflicting mods?

Regards,

KK

-So if I deleted all the ASR files I can install zeus. you in your opinion think asr better?

Edited by msportdan

This is what the 3 files do:

SLX_ACE_Fix: Makes UAV laser guided hellfires work when also using ACE mod.

SLX_AISkill: Changes AI skills for more variable accuracy and faster more aware AI.

SLX_Anim_Swim: Adds slightly faster, slightly less tiring swimming.

A few questions that you need to ask yourself with these 3 features which should determine if you want or need them:

1. Do I use ACE, and if i do do i ever use the uav?

2. Do I want the AI to be more accurate, and be more aware of me and possibly kill me faster?

3. How often do i swim?

so those posed questions are something you should ask yourself when you want to play for needing those files,

my answer to you would be your not missing anything if you didn't have them.

do we still need to chose over those 2 mods that will cause ai team problems.. I saw mentioned a few posts back. found it

Ya one or the other or nether up to you, just dont run them together as found they conflict with each other if run at the same time.

As for your last question, I would use ASR over zeus its really up to you, but i would research both and see what

features both have to offer and then decide which you like better for you.

Info about ASR http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?107526-ASR-AI-Skills

Info about Zeus http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8250

========

If you want more info on the Ai addons, mods and scripts out there review my compilation list:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117674-AI-Compilation-List-of-Addons-Mods-Scripts-amp-Misc

any other questions let me know.

ah thanks gunther for clarifying for me.. Tbh i wont miss those files lol

ANy way regarding AI.. ive started the campaigns again from Harvest red, i know the game isnt the best polished i realise some mods will be better than others. But i must admit ive gone for Zeus ai on this one with your mod, as i find they do more what i want and say and seem quite clever in campaign, getting into a vehicle seemed not work in campaign with ASR, or forming formations to far apart and often out of view... elements of the commanding Ai seemed to be bugged or not very smooth as expected at least. I know they are primarily meant not for SP. But most your other mods work a treat. :)

One other small thing is the ARD mod doesnt always work it seems very random wether it loads or not. Ive set my keys to windows key and full stop, but sometimes this doesnt work. Also this is not the zeus conflicting as i have had it working with that.. It did it with ASR too...

I only have the CBA CO loaded not the other cba modules loaded, could this affect the random loading....

But thanks this game is a massive difference to vanilla, i cant stop playing it....

One BLS fan to another cheers man....

Edited by msportdan

Good to read you made a choice that works for you.

I only have the CBA CO loaded not the other cba modules loaded, could this affect the random loading....

CBA CO requires the beta, i always used all the CBA's

@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

and never had any issues with ARD.

ah it wasnt the CBA modules, i just needed to restart the level and it all kicked in.....

Must admit i think zeus ai clashes a lot more with other AI mods..... Im on this campaign level were we start just trying to get in a chopper. WIth ASR i had trouble getting them to board it, with zeus and ARD i get the same issue, with zeus alone they got in almost immediately..

Not saying asr is broken , but i think some mods and combos seem to work better than others on the BIs missions.. I could have a totally different outcome on the next mission lol.

Thanks for spending your time talking to me...

gunther one more thing what line would i change to reduce the Ai range of spotting enemies?

cheers

Post the userconfig if there is one for zeus, but that is one of the features of zeus

Improves AI's ability to spot and engage enemy, extending engagement ranges

out to 500m and beyond