Sign in to follow this  
WarriorM4

Thoughts so far....

Its certainly a start but It should not take full collective to get airborne,this was one problem with the Arma model.Also the controls feel laggy and it takes too much time to ascend and descend when raising and lowering the collective.For anyone used to any helicopter simulation out there this will be instantly noticed.The TOH model does seem to have improved in the Arma problem of being too easy to accelerate and way too long to slow down and come to a hover.I know this is a work in progress so these are just my thoughts thus far.

Thanks for your comments :) As stated in the known issues, the helicopter is currently too heavy and the flight model is affected by that. What you can try to get a much more agile experience is the following line in the helicopter's editor init-field:

this setCustomWeightRTD -250

This is just a hack; not the proper solution we're working on. The command is meant to be used to add internal payload that is not crew, passengers or fuel.

Thanks for your comments :) As stated in the known issues, the helicopter is currently too heavy and the flight model is affected by that. What you can try to get a much more agile experience is the following line in the helicopter's editor init-field:

This is just a hack; not the proper solution we're working on. The command is meant to be used to add internal payload that is not crew, passengers or fuel.

Thanks, I have a much better flying experience with this little command.

Hahaha, cool command - just saying :D

Suggestion on it: Make it take an array as input instead: this setCustomWeightRTD [250, 3dpos in model space]. A visual indicator of center of gravity (or just the numbers if getting really pro) would also be nice.

Now, I would really like to see setBMI and setHeight (+ get versions). Could be fun :)

Thanks,will try that out.

Hahaha, cool command - just saying :D

Suggestion on it: Make it take an array as input instead: this setCustomWeightRTD [250, 3dpos in model space]. A visual indicator of center of gravity (or just the numbers if getting really pro) would also be nice.

Now, I would really like to see setBMI and setHeight (+ get versions). Could be fun :)

Center of gravity will be very nice indeed ! or to make it simple have a chart with moment so we can do our own calculation for center of mass.but mainly with the option to put load in different places in heli. Flying impression affected for sure !

Do I put more fuel and take off sliding the runway... ? will make us think a bit more like real pilots on a warm day or at high altitude helipad or mission.

I might be misleading myself here but the heli seems to be based regarding load capability at least on a 530

Empty Weight=722 kg

Max Takeoff Weight=1610 kg

1000 kg taken actually ? should be fine

but if it is in overload what weigh the demo heli is now, so we can then adjust to stay within the parameters ?

Edited by ocramweb
weight

I don't know if it's a mod I'm using in normal ArmA, but I just suddenly got a new HUD in TOH, with Gs and altitude and so on.

That's part of Take On. You must have disabled it before. Use Right Ctrl + H to toggle the HUD.

That's part of Take On. You must have disabled it before. Use Right Ctrl + H to toggle the HUD.

Oh, ok. Thanks!

I was thinking why in the hell doesn't a heli sim have a HUD?

Either my joystick is becomming deffective (pretty sure it is) or I didn't set something up correctly but should the throttle remain "full" or "none" by simply moving the slider past the mid point? It's as if there is no middle grounds.