Sign in to follow this  
sander

CWR2 coop pack

Six new missions bring the total of included coops in version 2.6 of the pack to 48.

New files:

co05_cwr2_clog_tower.eden.pbo

co05_cwr2_corps_competency.cain.pbo

co08_cwr2_unpopular_front.abel.pbo

co09_cwr2_clog_work.eden.pbo

co09_cwr2_dutch_mettle.abel.pbo

co10_cwr2_corps_assets.cain.pbo

Clog Tower features a raid by Special Forces to destroy armour and artillery.

Corps Competency has Special Forces seize intelligence and destroy enemy equipment.

Unpopular Front has a British rifle section defend a village before going on the attack.

Clog Work features a raid by a Marine squad that has to beat off reaction forces before attacking their objective.

Dutch Mettle has a Marine squad defend the airfield at Malden in expectation of reinforcement.

Corps Assets features a raid by a reinforced Marine rifle squad on a Soviet missile base.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Thanks, sander!

I'm playing Hip Shooter using OA beta 96895, and I'm encountering the issue of AI using the LAW rockets too frequently against infantry targets, which wastes critical ammo. I saw Zipper5's fix, and that solves the problem, but is there an open CIT ticket for this issue (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/1468, but it's closed???), and has BIS identified the issue as a bug so that it will be fixed in future releases (or A3)?

Edited by OMAC

That ticket was for the Armed Assault incarnation, which is not being worked on anymore. Whether the use of AT weapons is a bug or a feature can be argued both ways. Indeed it can be a pain in the backside when the AI wastes scarce AT rounds, but on the other hand I think having RPG rounds flying overhead and impacting close by does add to the excitement. On the plans of BIS to fix any bugs in the current game I am not in the know.

---

Version 2.7 has two updated missions and two new ones to bring the total of coops in the pack to a nice round 50.

New files:

co08_cwr2_bren_new.noe.pbo

co08_cwr2_clogged_road.eden.pbo

Bren New has a British light infantry section lure out a motor rifle platoon before seizing key terrain.

Clogged Road has Dutch Marines ambush a Soviet armoured column before seizing intelligence from a CP.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Thanks for the info and new missions, sander. LAW rockets are at an EXTREME premium in Hip Shooter (when it takes at least 3 to blow a chopper x 2 = 6, plus a BMP, a Shilka, and at least 2 support vehicles). So at least 10-11 rockets are needed and 12 are provided. Not a pretty sight when Marksmen with good long-range rifles are blasting off rockets at distant infantryman!!!! :( I sure hope that Zipper5's fix gets implemented in the base game at some point!

The expedient solution would be to remove the launchers from AI units in the briefing (or in game), but letting them retain the missiles: this allows them to function as ammo mules which carry spare rounds that the player can then fire from his tube. That way no rounds will be wasted by computer controlled subordinates.

Due to the fiendishly parsimonious allocation of ammo it is worthwhile to use alternative means to destroy the stationary, unmanned targets. The trucks and even the helicopters can be just as easily destroyed by handgrenades or commandeered UGL projectiles, thus allowing the scarce LAW rockets to be used on the more dangerous Shilka and BMP. Tossing handgrenades until the targets blow up does impose some delay which would give more enemy troops the chance to catch up with the raiders, but the choice for the lesser kind of evil is up to the player.

Regards,

Sander

Yes, that is a good idea to remove the launchers from AI, but that can cause problems when units get separated, and team members die and you have to team switch. I had to backtrack up the cliffs at one point to retrieve a rocket from the corpse of the leader. But Zipper5's fix removes the issue. You don't have many grenades, and with the 50 or so opfor coming to get you, there is fiendishly little time to grab grenades from dead opfor or the supply trucks. What exactly is a UGL projectile? A grenade round from a AK-47-GL?

The key for me was to evade the BMP by taking a wider arc to the SE to get to the forest by the lower dispersal site, using terrain to hide the squad while we traveled. On Expert, I managed finally to complete all objectives (with LAW only) and get to the evac chopper with only one squadmate dead, but two of the others were fairly bloodied. This was one of the hardest missions I have ever played. I do think that sending 6 guys in against about 50 opfor + BMP + Shilka is a little unrealistic. Situations like that are why MLRS and B-52s were invented! ;) But hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and more skilled...

You are correct, UGL: underbarrel Grenade Launcher (eg GP25/30, M203, AG36 etc). Battlefield salvage can yield enough explosives such as handgrenades, and even the odd RPG, from dead enemies.

The mission is designed to be for six human players, so in SP with only AI it can be hard to achieve success. The aim is to have a bit of a challenge in coop where there ought to be multiple thinking individuals, so that is why the player unit is always outnumbered by the enemy. It should be noted though that at no time do the players face all of the OPFOR in a mission at once, and one can generally defeat the enemy in detail in a succession of engagements. By picking the place and time of a firefight one can enjoy local superiority.

Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted and it does allow a sequence of actions to be planned to whittle down the numerically superior enemy piece by piece. By observing the enemy before engaging one can determine how and where to attack smaller groups of opponents when they are least likely to get direct or immediate support from nearby OPFOR. There are not that often time limitations in these missions, unless one has to intercept an enemy vehicle column, and therefore one has the luxury ot time to exploit.

Regards,

Sander

Yep, recon and planning are essential of course. However, after your cover is blown and you have engaged, all units with guard waypoints will come after you from anywhere in the AO, and patrols are everywhere. I looked around for an RPG and weapons with UGL on dead opfor, but found none. RPG rounds are in the supply trucks, but no launchers :(. This mission was so wild, with wide open, sloping terrain with great visibility, that we were targeted almost continuously, without a break, once shooting began; there was almost no respite during which to hunt for weapons. Relying only on AI squadmates is more difficult than experienced, thinking humans, but at least the AI is perhaps better at spotting distant enemy, especially those hiding in vegetation. Another truly epic mission, sander! :)

Before battle:

6ab7b9211337062.jpg

After battle:

d732b7211127670.jpg

Edited by OMAC

(CO 1.62 with CWR2 demo 4+UK&NL dlc, no other mods)

Easy Listening and Knockout Drop have issues with insertion helis, they won't wait for the squad to disembark (played in SP); human SL is thrown out and the helicopter takes off with the rest of the squad in.

wrt Dutch Foil

The T-72s aren't locked and the squad gets an engineer, which means you can use the T72 in an operational state. The mission is piss easy when you're in two T-72s rolling over Russian infantry. Intended?

With regard to the helicopter insertions, I have just tried them out a couple of times and the choppers land allright or remain hovering each time. Issuing an order to disembark all gets the troops out of the helicopter and only after everyone is off the loadmaster gets on board and the aircraft takes off for the Blackhawk insertions and the Hind remains hovering for a few more seconds before wishing the airborne good luck and flying away in Easy Listening. It is probably a fluke, there does not appear to be a constant problem with AI deciding to go up and land again. It can sometimes happen if they overshoot the Invisible H as I have had it occur in the past once or twice out of dozens of insertions.

Dutch Foil

In some missions I indeed do not lock armoured vehicles so they can be exploited, although I mostly lock them so it is not a given. You display the proper initiative by exploring possibilities, there is no need to win by fighting fairly. It would be necessary to kill the crewmen though in Dutch Foil: if one of them reaches the waypoint near Lossiemouth and the vehicle is not yet destroyed, one fails the mission.

Regards,

Sander

Version 2.8 adds three new coops and contains minor updates to some existing missions. The total of included missions in the pack now stands at 53.

New files:

co06_cwr2_tea_junction.eden.pbo

co08_cwr2_dutch_opening.eden.pbo

co08_cwr2_dutch_rush.abel.pbo

Tea Junction has British light infantry take and hold the crossroads at Provins.

Dutch Opening features an attack by Marines in order to seize Tyrone and Meaux.

Dutch Rush has Marines seize Dourdan and hold it against Soviet counter-attack.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Dutch Opening has an extra start icon.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595856594260667168/8903F790D4D8FEE349FEF3A7D99603146F3C39E7/

Otherwise the three new mission were loads of fun, I fell in love with FAL KRR and was reintroduced to the BMP-2's autocannon. I reassembled the Dshkm to face the counter-attack and when BMP came to engage it he wiped out 6 out of all 8 including me in about two seconds. Haven't lost that many squad members on one of these coop missions and still completing it before.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595856594260723248/F71D6ECFE3EB35FC87BB76C20B7B836CD985A602/

edit:

Bear Raid has an issue with the extraction BH landing. When it landed, it kept bouncing back and forth unable to land on rough terrain until it finally crashed. Mission ended regardless. Suggest the LZ is moved somewhere flat :p

edit:

Leading Question doesn't green up after completion.

Edited by Outlawz7

This maps are quite good, I have lots of fun playing it with my friends. One of the things I love is how detailed the briefings are. I have a few requests however.

1) Please make more missions where you play as Soviet or Resistance. Playing as US all the time gets a bit stale :p

2) Some missions where you are paradropping or more missions with helicopter insertions would be cool.

Thanks for these missions, I hope you'll take my requests into account.

1) Please make more missions where you play as Soviet or Resistance. Playing as US all the time gets a bit stale :p

Play as the Dutch or the British then! :p

Thanks for the feedback, the marker and spelling mistake in the description.ext have been fixed. The helicopter had no problem landing when I replayed Bear Raid, are there additional addons running that influence AI behaviour?

---

For more variety in playable units try CWR2 standalone islands pack. That has a couple of resistance themed scenario's included. For any other requests fire up the mission editor and start working.

---

Version 2.9 adds two new coops to the pack for a total of 55 included missions. Some existing coops have received minor alterations.

New files:

co04_cwr2_shrink_resistant.noe.pbo

co10_cwr2_going_dutch.noe.pbo

Shrink Resistant has a group of resistance fighters liberate a commander and ensuring his safe arrival at a hiding location.

Going Dutch features a raid by a Marine Corps rifle squad on the Nogovan airfield in order to destroy aircraft and air defences.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Edited by sander

Version 3.0 contains one update to an existing mission and adds five new coops for a total of 60 included missions.

New files:

co06_cwr2_fal_guys.noe.pbo

co08_cwr2_square_bashing.adam.pbo

co09_cwr2_reverse_engineers.noe.pbo

co09_cwr2_waste_line.abel.pbo

co10_cwr2_neveklov_actually.noe.pbo

FAL Guys features a group of Marines left behind on Soviet occupied Nogova.

Square Bashing has British infantry forcibly remove some Soviets from Saint Adam.

Reverse Engineers features an ambush by combat engineers with other tasks following.

Waste Line has a light infantry squad secure two towns on Malden.

Neveklov Actually features an attack by British mechanised infantry.

Download here

Regards,

Sander

Thanks Sander! Uploading to the CiA CWR2 coop server.

Waste Line - after completing the first objective, the task wouldn't go green, also for some reason only the SL had tasks.

FAl Guys - Escape task is completed before you actually escape, but mission ends fine.

Edited by Outlawz7