Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Windows 8

So Windows 8 no longer has a mouse-friendly way to shut down? (mouse-friendly as in easy mouse use :))

So Windows 8 no longer has a mouse-friendly way to shut down? (mouse-friendly as in easy mouse use :))

Pull mouse to the right upper or down corner, activating the charm bar, click settings, power, shutdown.

Same amount of clicks as Win7/Vis/XP etc :)

Otherwise there's Start, Click account name, then either click Lock or Logoff. Then click the power icon with the shutdown/restart/etc options.

Pull mouse to the right upper or down corner, activating the charm bar, click settings, power, shutdown.

Same amount of clicks as Win7/Vis/XP etc :)

Otherwise there's Start, Click account name, then either click Lock or Logoff. Then click the power icon with the shutdown/restart/etc options.

Same amount of clicks perhaps, but putting a function such as shutting down the computer under a menu point called "settings" is rather unintuitive, don't you think? ;)

I'd love to know how many new Windows 8 users had to google "windows 8 shutdown" the first time they wanted to do that. xD

Same amount of clicks perhaps, but putting a function such as shutting down the computer under a menu point called "settings" is rather unintuitive, don't you think? ;)

I'd love to know how many new Windows 8 users had to google "windows 8 shutdown" the first time they wanted to do that. xD

More unintuitive to place it under a menu called "Start"? Start to Shutdown? hmmm :)

More unintuitive to place it under a menu called "Start"? Start to Shutdown? hmmm :)

True. :D

So my HDD died :( It had OS preloaded which was Vista Home Premium 64bit and i purchased this computer back in 2008. Oh and was stupid and hardly backed up anything on my PC, so I lost everything pretty much. :butbut:

Windows 7 or Windows 8?

I really do not like what MS has done with the UI and some of the aesthetics in windows 8 other than that its awesome I especially like the new task manager functions.

I prefer the look of vista over windows 7 (big taskbar, combining windows and some other stuff)

So what you guys think im personally leaning towards windows 7.

So my HDD died :( It had OS preloaded which was Vista Home Premium 64bit and i purchased this computer back in 2008. Oh and was stupid and hardly backed up anything on my PC, so I lost everything pretty much. :butbut:

Windows 7 or Windows 8?

I really do not like what MS has done with the UI and some of the aesthetics in windows 8 other than that its awesome I especially like the new task manager functions.

I prefer the look of vista over windows 7 (big taskbar, combining windows and some other stuff)

So what you guys think im personally leaning towards windows 7.

I recommend you give it a go. I was a little sceptical about the seemingly mobile orientated UI/UX design, but after installing it instantly grew on me. I won't be looking back, that's for sure. :)

I recommend you give it a go. I was a little sceptical about the seemingly mobile orientated UI/UX design, but after installing it instantly grew on me. I won't be looking back, that's for sure. :)

yeah im thinking about it the main thing is I just want to make it look like vista/windows 7, and entirely never have to use the Metro garbage and have to do things entirely different like going to shutdown computer under settings... i mean who's idea was that? So unintuitive.

Start button was already simple enough to use..... well i guess if you decent eye sight it was...

yeah im thinking about it the main thing is I just want to make it look like vista/windows 7, and entirely never have to use the Metro garbage and have to do things entirely different like going to shutdown computer under settings... i mean who's idea was that? So unintuitive.

Start button was already simple enough to use..... well i guess if you decent eye sight it was...

http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

Problem solved (provided you are willing to part with $5.00)

I've used it for ages and I love it.

I was actually going to edit my post to say that there are free ones as well but you have done it for me ;)