Sign in to follow this  
rexehuk

Warning for the View Distance in TOF

Just a friendly warning to anyone changing VD in TOF, it will also affect your OA settings, so don't go mental when you go play OA and have 0 FPS, it is due to your view distance being at 20k.

To change back just go into your video settings and set as appropriate.

20km that is a huge distance yes, Although I would wonder if it actually is the whole of Takistan on a bright blue sky day without hell raining A-10's and IED's everywhere.

Protip: Make separate In-game profile for ToH beta, so you can have your OA and ToH settings in two separate places!

1295931306-922593-450x268-1295930574mind-blown_thumb.jpg?1301952716

Protip: Make separate In-game profile for ToH beta, so you can have your OA and ToH settings in two separate places!

1295931306-922593-450x268-1295930574mind-blown_thumb.jpg?1301952716

Good idea. How?

Yep. Now I understand. Thanks. Only used one profile for all of A2/CO + PMC + BAF.

I set my view distance to 10k in ToH in my A2 profile, and then ToH and A2/OA started crashing on exit every time (with a Windows crash error mentioning A2 Reinforcements, which I don't have :confused: I bought PMC and BAF separately). I had to remove ToH, go to A2/OA and reset my video settings to a normal value (~3400m), save them, and reinstall ToH to get the crashes to stop. I then created a new ToH profile in which I reset the vis to 10k.

I think the ToH readme file should suggest that a new ToH profile be created before use.

I actually find this quite a nice side effect, I now have larger draw distance on objects in OA and A2.

I won't be creating a separate profile any time soon.

To change the fraps readout from spf to fps?

I took that screenie at 27fps

Chernarus + 20 Km vd = minus 60 FPS. Your game will run backwards

hehe. On chernarus i reduced view distance from 4000 to 2000 and maxed out object radius. The full amount of objects makes the scenery more realistic. My CPU need an update..

Now do the same on Chernarus.

16fps when object detail set to normal, all the rest maxed with 4xAA and 16AF

edit: I always have my post precessing on low, my opinion on it looking better..

Edited by OB1

edit: I always have my post precessing on low, my opinion on it looking better..

I agree, I hate all that bloom shite.

Loving the side effect of the object draw distance carrying over to AO when I play it, looks much sharper now.