Sign in to follow this  
muniek85

Why people play on higher than Regular in Warfare?

This is just plain stupid.

Removed "handy" stuff from computer game is to add realism when you can replace it with actuall cooperation and voice communication. I can understund such preferences in coop missions, but on warfare servers where less than 10-20% people even think about joining some teamspeak server its just stupid.

By removing all these essential compputer game's teamwork features you are cutting away the cooperation feeling, communication feeling and turning the game into solo-hunting e-peen, chaotic kindergarden...

Its not like there is just little amount of warfare servers, but on top of that most of them turn vital pvp teamwork essentials out of the game. That makes me want to just throw arma to trash bin again and never look back.

Please let me know if you know some nice warfare server WITH these handy essentials (stuff that makes squad command easier, range finding easier, marking enemy units on map for others, checking friendly-foe, etc. - this is stuff i dont find warfare fun without. Maybe becouse i just like cooperation and pvp combined with squad command on top. Things that makes arma remarkable and worthy title).

Whats better:

A. buying vehicle and going alone without squad members and try to hit some enemy players before they hit you (and neither of you will ever see it coming).

B. commanding nice, interesting squad configuration, adjusted and commanded accordingly to clearly presented situation on battlefield - which includes exact reports of spotted enemy players' forces. Which allows you to also position your troops in strategic locations to report enemy movement.

Edited by muniek85

Simple answer...map markers show not only friendlies but also enemies and anything else a player or A.I. has in visual range or was autodetected by engine without player actually noticing it.

Btw. the mission had some serious teamwork but you decided to spam the chat instred sittign in base or flying aroudn in the later game while others temworked to hold towns. And now another point...the more experoences player dont need coms...they see each other and know what to do...Me and Beee took several enemy camps in teamwork covering each other without any coms at any time taking out a high number of enemy Players. Coms are overrated.

Edited by Beagle

Simple answer...map markers show not only friendlies but also enemies and anything else a player or A.I. has in visual range or was autodetected by engine without player actually noticing it.

Btw. the mission had some serious teamwork but you decided to spam the chat instred sittign in base or flying aroudn in the later game while others temworked to hold towns. And now another point...the more experoences player dont need coms...they see each other and know what to do...Me and Beee took several enemy camps in teamwork covering each other without any coms at any time taking out a high number of enemy Players. Coms are overrated.

no, you just dont see the best things in arma. Thats squad command AND spotting enemies. Spotting is one of the most important thing in any war. When you take that away, an army becomes a crowd, and yes in crowd you can see some slight signs of cooperation, but they are nothing compared to what organised group can achieve.

You just like being one of the crowd, i prefer army-like gameplay where teams act like teams, not every man for himself crowd.

Putting teams and letting them cooperate only by chat messages or voice-over is awkward if you have tools to your disposal as map's markings for quick and comfortable info transmission.

Edited by muniek85

no, you just dont see the best things in arma. Thats squad command AND spotting enemies. Spotting is one of the most important thing in any war. When you take that away, an army becomes a crowd, and yes in crowd you can see some slight signs of cooperation, but they are nothing compared to what organised group can achieve.

You just like being one of the crowd, i prefer army-like gameplay where teams act like teams, not every man for himself crowd.

Join a clan or virtual army group...public warfare gameplay is not for you then.

of course pvp+realism abberation mutation is not for me. I would like to find warfare with settings intended for it. I take the meaning of "difficulty" is to be about "finding interesting teamplay pvp good games". The higher it is the harded to find anything better than usuall solo chaos you, Beagle, like to play.

Maybe most players "prefer" to play on "veteran difficulty" becouse it makes them feel better? I wonder if these settings would be called:

1) practise settings

2) normall gameplay settings

3) semi-realism

4) realism

...people would play so much on "semi-realism" warfare missions? I bet not so much. You just love the words "veteran", "experienced"... it tickles you there inside, isnt it?

of course pvp+realism abberation mutation is not for me. I would like to find warfare with settings intended for it. I take the meaning of "difficulty" is to be about "finding interesting teamplay pvp good games". The higher it is the harded to find anything better than usuall solo chaos you, Beagle, like to play.

Maybe most players "prefer" to play on "veteran difficulty" becouse it makes them feel better? I wonder if these settings would be called:

1) practise settings

2) normall gameplay settings

3) semi-realism

4) realism

...people would play so much on "semi-realism" warfare missions? I bet not so much. You just love the words "veteran", "experienced"... it tickles you there inside, isnt it?

Yeah, right, Beagle ruins your personal Arma 2 experience. You can't host server with any difficulty you like. It reminds me one guy who kept breaking in on public warfare server with 3D mode off just to shout "3D MODE IS POPULAR, IDIOTS, TURN IT ON".

The point is:

- on regular you're hiding as sniper, fire one shot, enemy spots you and you#re marked on map = dead = makes no sense to play sniper

- 3rd person is pretty nice, but you can look over walls and around corners

- commander view, the biggest cheat ever in warfare, legal wallhack that you can use to look around 10 houses

- crosshair is way too easy for combat, cause ppl tend to not use either scope or iron sights

i only played one wafare macht without cross, 3rd, comm view and enemy markers on the map and all i can say is, it was absolutely perfect. no people flying around looking for bases in 3rd person, no ppl hiding somewhere, looking around in command view , waiting for people to show up..

so the low diff settings are for starting out, the high levels are for people who actually like a challenge. and seriously, when i join a server , cause i forgot to look for the diff setting, and i see enemy markers on the map i quit immediately, cause it's totally retarded. The sniper case is the best example for that

Most of the regular difficulty settings are only meant to give you a smooth start in Arma 2.

1. Rent a server or set up one from home

2. Play with your settings

By removing all these essential compputer game's teamwork features you are cutting away the cooperation feeling, communication feeling and turning the game into solo-hunting e-peen, chaotic kindergarden...

What?

Higher difficulty = more cooperation

That's the whole point

What?

That's the whole point

I agree. Whilst I'm not a realism-nazi, I can agree that more map-help equals less reason to cooperate.

I agree. While some people might think that higher difficulty makes them somehow more 1337, mature players prefer higher difficulty because of the greater amount of teamwork required to succeed.

Higher difficulty settings for the win!

What?

That's the whole point

you mean more typing. And when you are tired of continuous chat typing just guessing and risking teamkills?

Btw. there are settings to make automatic spotting disabled, so people can only spot by right clicking on enemies. Makes sense to me, yet it doesnt make sense to you... OF course, if you want to camp with something you dont like the spotter to show your location ot everyone else.

The point is: spotting is vital. You turn it off and play some lame battle-wannabe.

You need to train your situational awareness by playing without all those aids for a bit.

Playing without without a map marker for your current position is often idiotic, I'll warrant. Because in many missions you will just be dumped on some random place in a huge map, and left to scrutinize landmarks like some alien abductee with amnesia.

I have an idea, actually pay the money and run you're own server how you like to run you're server. Posting on a public forum complaining accomplishes nothing. If BIS had a dime for every-time a thread like this was created, well you can figure it out.

As a FYI, certain options in recruit, regular, veteran, and expert can be edited fyi. I can make Recruit even more difficult than expert if I wanted by editing the profile config serverside.

you mean more typing.

What typing? I use Teamspeak 3. The game also has a built-in voice chat with 3d positional direct comms to tell nearby units whatever you want.

(As for typing. When I still played OFP we had a dude nicknamed Leo playing with us who didn't have a mic and he was commanding a squad by using text chat. We played on veteran without any helpers. Despite that he was a good commander and was also a mad survivalist/killing machine in no-respawn games)

And when you are tired of continuous chat typing just guessing and risking teamkills?

a) There are no teamkills where I play

b) If you are teamkilling there is a problem with how you play

Even in the most chaotic public pvp you should never have a problem telling green takistani/russkies from brown/grey americans. Those are like different colours, mang

The point is: spotting is vital. You turn it off and play some lame battle-wannabe.

Spot enemies with your own eyes, who doesn't let you?

You still can mark them on a map for your teammates to see by using side (cyan) channel

Your complaints are not the lack of teamwork possibilities because heavier difficulty puts more requirements on the organization as you don't have a magical map drowning you in cheats or laser range finder built into your eyes. Teamwork becomes more vital than ever. That's what this game is about.

Your complaints are that the game is simply too hard for you to play the way it's meant to be played - is all.

Playing without without a map marker for your current position is often idiotic, I'll warrant. Because in many missions you will just be dumped on some random place in a huge map, and left to scrutinize landmarks like some alien abductee with amnesia.

Blame mission makers not the game or host. When making a mission the dude should mark a starting position. In Warfare there are already markers present marking friendly units, especially in ACE versions.

Edited by metalcraze

Yeah yeah, your beloved paintball + hellfire only gameplay must be so fantastic that there is like 50 players top online playing arma warfare. fun fun fun

Lol... you really coudlnt find anything more reasonable than "laser in your eyes" to describe marked positions of enemy on the map? Try imaging a radio communication between soldiers, maps that are physical and can be looked upon in a second and then putted back in a second without loosing sight from whats going on around you. But no... you need to add some cosmic idiot blindfolded settings just so you can camp with your 1-man squad. Awesome! Why playing arma if you never actually play as squad commander? I guess the only reason are much smaller maps in these usuall shooters right?

I believe when you would be on some semi-real warfare simulation when 10man squad with their 10 pairs of eyes would detect you and then all of them would easily see your position you would then yell "cheats! laserz in eyes! Only one seen me, how is it possible all of them know where i am!". Its a fucking game man. There must be some handy helpfull interface aids, or you just make it impossible to play on satisfaing level of army vs army warfare. Geez, freaking CoD maniacs took over the idea of arma and makes their own team arenas from a great army warfare settings.

And no, i wont set up my own server cause i live in a freaking post-communistic shithole made of the great country it was before the war with germans and russian occupation that came after, where im forced to pay most part of my earnings to a freaking mafia goverment for "social security" so spare me your stupid advises. If you would be at least half-smart you would realise that if i would be able to host own server i would do that already.

Edited by muniek85

No, you really just need to learn to play this game. It's not as hard as you would have us think.

Why do people play on higher difficulty? Because they choose to. It's their server. Calm down, please.

No, you really just need to learn to play this game. It's not as hard as you would have us think.

Well i dont find it hard and that i need to learn it. There is no philosophy in it and doesnt require much skikll having 1man squad and traveling from town to town searching for other 1man squads of enemy players to kill them.

Its just not as fun as real warfare can be. As i described earlier its just paintball mixed with blindman's buff child play with a taste of homing missile.

Thats all you can do in the game with these settings. If you try to command squad -> you just give enemy funds cause you cant command them properly without the tools you have in default gameplay (info for the most part)

SO no... lonewolf kind of gameplay was never hard. Hard is succesfull squad command accordingly to battlefield's situation. (with disabled map informations, squad 3d indicators, spacebar recognition etc its like hitting wall with your head).

Edited by muniek85

Simple..

They are little baby princesses who don't know how to play properly, so they have to manually tweak the AI to shoot/react like utter shit, and sadly still manage to get their squads decimated by the AI at times! When you join an Arma game, get good at it, etc. then you'll eventually get bored, cuz that's what happens when you play with AI set to Cadet and lower manually, even if the server is set to run on Regular/Veteran or something like that. To keep the immersion up, you should have the AI be good yet because they're still AI you can then find expert ways to destroy them, making it all much more funner. But, the community is shying away from old rambo tactics, and more towards the typical 'realism groups' springing up using Ace2, trying out random mods like 'hey this is fun' in an attempt to make it less boring/more fun for themselves. To the above:

That's just an illusion, if you take 5 'lone wolfs' and put them in a squad, and then made an insanely hard mission for them, you'd be impressed. And it's always fun for others to see it's possible, and look up to those people, striving to become masters at the game (lone wolfing) themselves.. the illusion of command being hard/boring comes from those players who get shot up, caught up reviving each other in an attempt to be tactical, and failing to master the game (still a 'game', not even close to reality), and those people clog up the whole process when they go into some Humvee, get shot by an RPG, or just die from their lack of individual training/skill.

and overall I think warfare servers difficulty is fine, and PVP balances it anyways

Edited by Leg

Why do people play on higher difficulty? Because they choose to. It's their server. Calm down, please.

Exactly with what I said. Surprised this thread was not locked already since it contains no value really and is completely unproductive.

Again muniek85, get you're own server so you have the right to run it how you want. This post can be the equivalent of complaining about the type of lights someone uses in their house. I am sure you wouldn't have an issue if I came over to you're house and go "Why do you have grey carpet?" Omg that is such a stupid color choice for that room. :p

I just find it funny and sad at the same time, that you people like to play arma completly non-arma way. And configure settings to make it even less arma-like. So i asked why. If you talk about unproductive stuff, read all the posts telling me to buy server as an answer for the question.

Or answer like "becouse." or "becouse they choose to do that". What kind of silly answer is that? Maybe you call THAT productive? :D

Edited by muniek85