Sign in to follow this  

Us army to release first person shooter

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ May 23 2002,10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The army is for sure getting the kind of folks it deserves with a recruiting campaign like this. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

it's really a secret campaign to fight obesity, all these fat computer nerds think "wow i'll go join the army!" then they get beat into shape wink.gif

Yeah, well we saved the Frenchy's ass quite a few times, so it's all good. tounge.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ May 23 2002,20:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ May 23 2002,10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The army is for sure getting the kind of folks it deserves with a recruiting campaign like this. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

it's really a secret campaign to fight obesity, all these fat computer nerds think "wow i'll go join the army!" then they get beat into shape wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

Should be a bit tougher to get the psychological malaligned back on track of reality and relativate some things, whose going to justify the fall-through quota and costs that go with it?

really, i have a hard enough time surviving a computer game i doubt my chances would be better on the field. playing a computer game shows you one thing that real life has, it's way too damn easy to die, i think i'll pass and wait to join the space marines with their exo-skeletal armor in a few decades.

okay first off, if this is being sponsored by the US army, then YES it is to help with recruiting. that is a fact. but what's so wrong with that?? obviously trying to drive people to "be all they can be" didnt work... everyone is so selfish these days and cares about getting rich rather than selflessly serving their country. what else is there to do but to pay for your college tuition, offer you free housing and benefits, or make video games to help with recruitment? almost everyone plays video games in one form or another, so why not use something that will grasp peoples' attention? true that war is nothing like a game, but going to a civilian job just to bring in money is nothing like war either. if this game can motivate you to JOIN the military, then the military will give you the training you need to succeed in real-life hostile scenarios. this game isnt expected to train you to be an army ranger or a navy seal. its simply to provide entertainment and to draw interest into the military community. army recruitment is and has been WAY down for the past few years. why? because people are finding that it's so easy to "get rich" without having to sacrifice their life or work hard for it. so say all you want about "its more army propaganda" or "the US never did anything for [insert your european country here]", but this game is going to be good and if it helps to recruit people into the military, then more power to it and ill be glad to have more selfless americans fighting for freedom.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the contrary, we helped you during the revolutionary war. Sweden helped you out to kick out the British by contributing with troops. You would still be a British colony if it wasn't for instance for the French troops that saved your bacon.

<span id='postcolor'>

uhhhh wasn't it the American forces that pushed General Cornwalis back to the sea?Decisive victories won the revolutionary war,and as I recall my american history the french didn't arrive until LATE in the war... It was Gen.George Washington's vicotries against the northern armies of the crown that turned the tide of the war... that and the help form our allies.

And True... Sweden HASN'T needed us... yet... and If they did... we would come...

I read about a FPS that the army was making awhile back. But it used next gen armor and weapons ,wonder if this is it?

I dont know if yall missed it or not.. this is not an FPS like OFP, its a role playing game of sorts.. its gay.

there will be no running, shooting, attacking oponents.. your goal is to become a seargent. thats it, by making good decisions, good moral judgment etc etc.. not once in the description does it mention ANYTHING about shooting, or ANYTHING like that..

screenshots? those are from the "dynamic scenes" I.E. for different decisions you make the game generates a MOVIE with that engine showing the results of your decision...

if anything.. it will be like SIMS/Resedent evil. not like OFP

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ May 24 2002,04:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont know if yall missed it or not.. this is not an FPS like OFP, its a role playing game of sorts.. its gay.<span id='postcolor'>

Not really wobble. From the website:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The America’s Army game blends two vivid simulations: Soldiers, a role-playing portion in which players navigate life’s challenges to achieve goals, and a first-person action game, called Operations. <span id='postcolor'>

So Soldiers is role playing shit, while Operations is a standard FPS.

i just saw a glimps of it from a TV news regarding E3. They had guys in army uniform there...so i guess there is some sort of effort in recruiting.

heh, I bet they make it a bit harder to die than in OFP...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heckler @ May 22 2002,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you get to shoot Canadians? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You bombed us in Afghanistan with a stupid pilot that thought he was in danger for his life and he was told not to drop the bomb because of friendly units; That just makes me sick

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FubarGrn @ May 24 2002,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the contrary, we helped you during the revolutionary war. Sweden helped you out to kick out the British by contributing with troops. You would still be a British colony if it wasn't for instance for the French troops that saved your bacon.

<span id='postcolor'>

uhhhh wasn't it the American forces that pushed General Cornwalis back to the sea?Decisive victories won the revolutionary war,and as I recall my american history the french didn't arrive until LATE in the war... It was Gen.George Washington's vicotries against the northern armies of the crown that turned the tide of the war... that and the help form our allies.

And True... Sweden HASN'T needed us... yet... and If they did... we would come...<span id='postcolor'>

lol.. it said in your "American" history that it was "your" generals that won the war? Well how about that..

ROFL

Fark the US is funny. They are all confused now because they discovered the rest of the world, they thought it was just them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darkhawk @ May 24 2002,15:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heckler @ May 22 2002,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you get to shoot Canadians? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You bombed us in Afghanistan with a stupid pilot that thought he was in danger for his life and he was told not to drop the bomb because of friendly units; That just makes me sick<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think he meant it in any way that you need to jump on him like that.

I did notice all the news reports we heard about American casualties were usually really stupid accidents that should never of happened, wayyyy too much friendly fire methinks.

They should all be #kick/banned for teamkilling too much tounge.gif

One thing I would note is that Afghans don't really value life all that much and we don't hear quite so much if one of them gets shot accidently, hell they might even have a good laugh about it.

America is very sensitive about losing their soldiers in war, so are brutally honest about every death / injury, whereas other countries cover it up, hell why not, it aint a democracy over there anyway.. they run the place how they want.

Here we go again.

Oh Amerikanskies, Amerikanskies thou art so great.

Oh, they are sooo great. Let's make a game of their

wonderfull army and call it: The American Army.

Oh yes, and let's make barbie dolls of them.

Jezus, sick. Ok they saved us from the hidious evil Germans

(No offence FallenPaladin, but the Germans took my grand

fathers bike and our cheese) and sure, they make good

movies. But making a game about their army. Sick persons.

They should make a game called: The Dutch Army.

Features:

- Bring coffee and tea to the Britisch and American while they fight.

- See from a distance hoe the war is fought

- run away and hide when the enemy is nearing

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ May 24 2002,08:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok they saved us from the hidious evil Germans

fathers bike and our cheese)<span id='postcolor'>

You have to deal with our evil german tourists every holiday season, so I forgive you tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 24 2002,08:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ May 24 2002,08:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok they saved us from the hidious evil Germans

fathers bike and our cheese)<span id='postcolor'>

You have to deal with our evil german tourists every holiday season, so I forgive you  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, i don't want to offend our friendly neighbours, but...

When Germans go on vacation to Holland they dig a deep hole in the beach (graben Sie eine Bohrung) . They sit in there all day, and then they go home. The next day a little kid finds the hole and plays in it. Suddenly a big belly German stands next to the hole and says:

<span style='font-size:57pt;line-height:100%'>RAUSS, DAS IST MEINE BOHRUNG</span>

like they own our beach.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 24 2002,08:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here`s a link for those who understand german and want the truth about the cheese-affair:

http://www.kochmesser.de/kaese2001.html

[proud]It says Germany is the no.1 in European cheese export!!!  smile.gif  biggrin.gif  [/proud]<span id='postcolor'>

[thiefs]they stole our cheese[/thiefs]

Do these braindeads really say/write "Bohrung"?!? confused.gif

Can`t believe that... because "Bohrung" means drilling and is normally only used if you search for oil or so... biggrin.gif

But in one thing you are right: the germans driving to the dutch beachs are in 98% really big belly guys! The athletic and goodlooking germans like me don`t drive there...

...they have/make no holidays at all sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 24 2002,09:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do these braindeads really say/write "Bohrung"?!?  confused.gif

Can`t believe that... because "Bohrung" means drilling and is normally only used if you search for oil or so...  biggrin.gif

But in one thing you are right: the germans driving to the dutch beachs are in 98% really big belly guys! The athletic and goodlooking germans like me don`t drive there...

...they have/make no holidays at all  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure it was Bohrung, but it sounded something like that. And yes it is true, all the Germans who go to Holland digging a hole are fat. I almost never saw a athletic German in my life. But your chicks are neat. They also come to Holland, and they are the daughters of the fat people. When i see their mothers which look like whales, i never approach the babes. I think they get as fat as their parents then.

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ May 24 2002,09wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sad.gif i double posted  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

*grabs lunchbox, pulls Holland-gouda from his bread, throws it out of window, then runs through office with dutch national flag burning*  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ May 24 2002,09:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When i see their mothers which look like whales, i never approach the babes. I think they get as fat as their parents then.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, better be secure! It has a reason, why I`m single wink.giftounge.gif