Sign in to follow this  
EDcase

Helicopter flight model from TakeOnHelis

Option to have realistic heli flight model in ARMA3?  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Option to have realistic heli flight model in ARMA3?

• YES: I'd like realistic mode option.
    • NO: Leave flight model as it is.

honestly, I hope the startup & shutdown procedures and pre-flight check are included as well. Adds to the fun of piloting in arma 2, and would give you way more things to do while waiting at base for a pickup call (can inspect the helo etc).

This would indeed be awesome, for more reasons than just the helicopters.

As we've seen in TOH, the interactions are usable in other vehicles aswell, so in theory the system could be used to create more complex interactions with all kinds of vehicles. Think tanks and jets, for instance. :)

Don't you remember good old OFP addons which had this feature and how many people were upset about waiting on preflight checks? Even if it was just preparing/waiting for 6-10 seconds and pilots were able to skip this process... :rolleyes:

People can complain all they want. Ultimately the pilot is vehicle boss. If a little preflight was needed by the game, there wouldn't be any complaining about it, people adjust. Hell, even more realistic spoolup time would go a long way.

i complain that bullet travel time is way too long, i want instant bullet headshot hits from 12 miles away. infact i want phasers and teleporters and i want my weapons to aim and fire from just my thought, hitting a button on my keyboard is way too hard wah wah wah!

Edited by MD500Enthusiast

Don't you remember good old OFP addons which had this feature and how many people were upset about waiting on preflight checks? Even if it was just preparing/waiting for 6-10 seconds and pilots were able to skip this process... :rolleyes:

You can have the server setup for realism on or off.

I think the most honest way to keep TOH a viable game to play when ArmA 3 arrives and uses the same flight model (which i am all for btw) is to make sure only people who own TOH can use the flight models in ArmA 3.

Anybody who does not own TOH is restricted to the 'arcade mode' we have currently in ArmA.

Is there a need for old style helicopter flight model? I mean, if you turn on all the helpers you get in TAKOH, doesn't it get kinda easy to fly? Don't have the game yet myself. I'm guessing the only thing the old flight model might be used for is if there are cases the new one can't handle, i.e. same axis counter rotating (KA-50), adjustable lateral axis counter rotating (MV-22), and longitudinal axis counter rotating (CH-47). Ehhm, ok, that was more than I expected already :p Can the new flight model handle all these special cases well enough?

I think the most honest way to keep TOH a viable game to play when ArmA 3 arrives and uses the same flight model (which i am all for btw) is to make sure only people who own TOH can use the flight models in ArmA 3.

Anybody who does not own TOH is restricted to the 'arcade mode' we have currently in ArmA.

That seems more like a cheap cash grab, requiring you to purchase another game JUST to get a feature that should have been in the game from the start.

Edited by NodUnit

Sorry but thats a terrible idea.

ToH is a different game altogether and may not appeal to ARMA3 players.

I believe BiS stated that the ToH flight model would be used on difficult modes and old FM on easy.

Thats the only way to make multiplayer work. Server difficulty settings determine the FM used.

wow, The poll is quite conclusive

Edited by EDcase

Guess BIS will try to develop and implement a "light ToH" variant which is still very challenging but not 1:1 the same like in full ToH. Something clever that doesn't stop the sales of one or the other game. ;)