Sign in to follow this  
jgbtl292

Arma3 - content pack chace Bi-sudio - army packs

you will play with your own army in country contest on multiplayer on lemnos ?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. you will play with your own army in country contest on multiplayer on lemnos ?

• yes i will complette country army dlc
    • yes i will complette country army dlc 2012 timeline
    • no i need not
    • mabye

that may lead to what the majority of us are hoping for - they will take there games back to the store and get a refund, leaving the die-hards and long timers to actually respect what the Devs have made and enjoy the game after all the effort they put in.

This from the person who claims that they:

...wanted [the community] to grow like everybody else does, if anything just to bring the funds to BIS (which then leads to more goodies for us).

So you want the community to grow, but all the new joins to take their games back?

So you want the community to grow, but all the new joins to take their games back?

jumped the boat a little there didnt ya son, let me help you out a little. i actually said..

leaving the die-hards and long timers to actually respect what the Devs have made and enjoy the game after all the effort they put in.

now, correct me if i'm wrong here, but "die-hards" would insinuate people who love/like something - people who get refunded tend to not love/like the things they are being refunded for.

keep trying , mate :)

jumped the boat a little there didnt ya son, let me help you out a little. i actually said..

now, correct me if i'm wrong here, but "die-hards" would insinuate people who love/like something - people who get refunded tend to not love/like the things they are being refunded for.

Cool story, bro.

...if anything just to bring the funds to BIS (which then leads to more goodies for us).

I hope long timers and "die-hards" make up a big enough proportion of the population to bring BIS a profit, in order to provide us with these "goodies" you so ask for, seeing as everyone else is taking their games back.

Either that or BIS will have to start charging more. :j:

Can you two please keep your discussion to one thread.

I still haven't figured out what this thread is about and what these poll options mean... :confused:

*trolling*

I hope you understand Australia is the largest non-NATO force in Afghanistan and the third largest contributor of Special Forces.

On another note, our Special Forces, especially the SASR are regarded as one of, if not the best Special Forces units in the world. Our infantry are also highly regarded and perform at a higher level than most Infantry units within NATO countries, eg. the US. No offense, but that's true.

*end trolling*

But a country like the ADF would be a nice fit in a scenario like this. Something different. Everyone's had enough of the USA. (Well that's me personally). They're in every game. Introducing something out there and different, e.g ADF, also French, Germans or something along those lines would be cool :)

That ain't trolling, that is fact.

But in regards to the other nations specified...HEXAgon pack (French) (which i suggested many a time to use but was knocked back over and over:(), Bundesweher, FDF, Canadian, Swiss....there are already so many Army packs out there that their presence within Arma ain't exactly new or different.

We just don't use them. I would personally LOVE to use the HEXAgon pack....

But a country like the ADF would be a nice fit in a scenario like this. Something different. Everyone's had enough of the USA. (Well that's me personally). They're in every game. Introducing something out there and different, e.g ADF, also French, Germans or something along those lines would be cool :)

Cool, for sure, mate. Would it sell, though?

BIS is, at the end of the day, a business.

:o

Cool, for sure, mate. Would it sell, though?

BIS is, at the end of the day, a business.

Point, you didn't see CM use the British as their main force in...those games...which i personally rather expected.

The USA sells.

I would love to see an official Australian army in the game :D I think also an Australian map would be awesome for some missions due to the different landscape of Australia. (Though would take alot of extra effort to design a whole map just for Australia).

PS: I swear almost every thread I have checked out today has Cameron and CJ argueing. Please make an arguement thread in the offtopic xD

yeah because there is so much gear available aswell as documentation on it, there is nothing wrong with bringing in more factions besides the US to a game, that is a reason why I like OA, having Czech, German, British, UN, Private contractors aswell as the US was good.

To be honest I would be very, very happy buying Arma 3 with all the current stuff ingame with the new engine features.

Yeh, the current stuff they have shown is beyond what I expected for ArmA 3. I think it will be an absolutely awesome game :D (Sorry for going off topic there)

Anyways, I think if they added some full armies in at the scale of the US army they currently have it would make multiplayer even more entertaining :D

you will play with your own army in country contest on multiplayer on lemnos ?

yes i will complette country army dlc

yes i will complette country army dlc 2012 timeline

no i need not

mabye

Translation (As far as I can tell anyways):

Do you want to play with your own country's military in a 3 sided conflict, in multiplayer, on Lemnos?

• Yes, I want multiple, nation based DLC packs, with complete militarys
  • Yes, I want multiple, nation based DLC packs, with complete militarys, and with 2012 equipment. [Or maybe you want the DLCs to be available in 2012/when A3 is released?]
  • No, I do not want multiple, nation based DLC packs, with complete militarys.
  • Maybe

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

This is another pointless thread isnt it... Of course people would want to see their own countries....... But there are about 195 countries in the world.... BiS dont have that kind of time......

It is kinda pointless but if we can narrow the countries down to the popular ones I think it would be a great idea! (When I say popular I don't just mean US. I mean just a small amount of other countries apart from US)

It is kinda pointless but if we can narrow the countries down to the popular ones I think it would be a great idea! (When I say popular I don't just mean US. I mean just a small amount of other countries apart from US)

Like Monaco, Luxembourg, Fiji and Somaliland.

This is another pointless thread isnt it... Of course people would want to see their own countries....... But there are about 195 countries in the world.... BiS dont have that kind of time......

Not entirely pointless. And yea BIS don't have the time to make an DLC for all 195 countries in the world, But they do have the time to make "some" I wouldn't mind if there was only 5 or 7 nations to choose from.

Having the major military's that usually have some presence in most of the worlds bigger conflicts. So who is that... USA, the UK, Aus, errrr..... (some help would be appreciated :))

EDIT: Don't really follow the news so I don't really know who has how big of a presence in the conflicts

Having the major military's that usually have some presence in most of the worlds bigger conflicts. So who is that... USA, the UK, Aus, errrr..... (some help would be appreciated :))

EDIT: Don't really follow the news so I don't really know who has how big of a presence in the conflicts

Canada, Germany, France, Italy (had some part in Libya), and several other countries i've forgotton the names of.

Also wouldn't it make sense for Australia to be apart of this conflict in ARMA III? You know being such a large part of the commonwealth empire

Also wouldn't it make sense for Australia to be apart of this conflict in ARMA III? You know being such a large part of the commonwealth empire

Less cuddly with the Brits as the US at the moment. Commonwealth means jack shit except for earning shiny Gold, Silver, Bronze pieces of (beautiful) metal at the wannabe-Olympic games.

I seriously doubt we'd ever do a WW1/WW2 defend Mother England ever again.

^^ Someone doesn't know their history!

Seeing as A3 is set in 2020 or thereabouts, and considering Australias' current political arrangement, i don't see how "history" has any sort of real significance here. However if you meant my quip about the Commonwealth and Australias involvement in WW1/2, i do know my history thankyou very much, you're just missing the point entirely.

What exactly does the Commonwealth mean these days? All it means is that we have the same colonial history (i am not so daft as to believe Australia was Australian owned since the beginning of time, early Australia history is drilled into us at primary school, if at a basic level) and the only real activity that Commonwealth nations participate in is the Commonwealth Games. Otherwise i simply don't see the impact of the Commonwealth on my daily life. The only real connection with our ancestral home is the Governor General, who for those who may not know, is the Australian representative of the Queen of England. If you've got an example of something significant that the Commonwealth has done of the past 10 years that directly affected the Australian way of life, please, tell me, because all i can remember is the ASIO bill after 9/11, which was a response to the US Patriot Act (i believe thats the right one, correct if mistaken)

As for WW1/2, the AIF was under direct command of the BEF at Gallipoli, and throughout France until the arrival of General Monash, who was the first Australian General commanding a complete Australian force, who proved for the first time the effectiveness of the integration of Tanks, Infantry and Air Power to complete an objective at the Battle of Hamel. The Australian response to WW1 was an immediate response to the British call to arms, nearly all training for AIF recruits was conducted by the British as the AIF was a volunteer force, thus they were not permitted to be executed for insubordination.

WW2 was generally the same situation, with early Australian prescence being in the form of Pilots for the RAF during the Battle of Britain in 1940, with an expanding presence in Bomber Command as the war progressed, G For George, a Australian/Canadian Lancaster Bomber, is an example of the Australian contribution to a British cause in Europe. In the Pacific, while the threat was indeed closer to home, it was largely British driven due to Singapore, however i do not know much on the Pacific war apart from the fact that the Japanese had no real intention in invading. That predicament was blown out of proportion to increase recruitment.

Well that's the best part about it, if Australia or any other country doesn't have a part in A3, then won't it be nice for a Storyline and a Map to be made along with an opposing force included into a expansion or DLC? Yea they might not have a part in what Happening in the current Island of where A3 is taking place but somewhere else is a difference story. The only down side is that I don't see BIS including a new complete opposing force just to introduce one army.