Sign in to follow this  
Cumboy

Red hammer is amateur and s*BLEEP*t...

I just recently purchased the Operation Flashpoint Gold Edition addon........

......and I'm disgusted...

Did Codemasters commission amateur editors to make 'Red Hammer'? It seems like it. The original campaign wasn't very good OR realistic yet this is far worse.....

Objectives are completely unrealistic (one-man army shit, grunts flying helicopters) and it seems some concepts are ripped from certain user created missions....like using smoke to mark an LZ.......which had NEVER been done before my mission '5th Aviation'.....and definitely NOT in the original campaign or official missions......(oh and one of the single player official missions with the CH-47 has also copied dialogue).....

Terrible effort Codemasters,

God I hope you do better with Resistance....for your sake...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cumboy @ May 21 2002,14:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">like using smoke to mark an LZ<span id='postcolor'>

I thought it's very common to mark an LZ with smoke. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cumboy @ May 21 2002,13:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just recently purchased the Operation Flashpoint Gold Edition addon........

......and I'm disgusted...

Did BIS commission amateur editors to make 'Red Hammer'? It seems like it. The original campaign wasn't very good OR realistic yet this is far worse.....

Objectives are completely unrealistic (one-man army shit, grunts flying helicopters) and it seems some concepts are ripped from certain user created missions....like using smoke to mark an LZ.......which had NEVER been done before my mission '5th Aviation'.....and definitely NOT in the original campaign or official missions......(oh and one of the single player official missions with the CH-47 has also copied dialogue).....

Terrible effort BIS, now we know why you are keeping certain tools to yourself.....cause you can't make missions for shit but if you are the only ones that can make addons, well, it saves a source of revenue for you...

God I hope you do better with Resistance....for your sake...<span id='postcolor'>

BIS didnt made Red hammer, fool.

R. Geshw...

R. Gerschwarte...

R. Geschwartz...

...you are right! Whatelse should landingzones be marked with. I hate such whiners and Espectro is right, too!

Oh, and for the reccord. Why arent they (Codemasters), allowed to mark LZ with smoke? Did you take Patent of it?! Oh.. i forgot.. its not your game!! How foolish of me... well, i guess thats end of discussion.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cumboy @ May 21 2002,14:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but if you are the only ones that can make addons<span id='postcolor'>

Eh? Have you checked the 'Addons & Mods'-section of this forum? Have you heard about Oxygen?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 21 2002,14:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">R. Geshw...

R. Gerschwarte...

R. Geschwartz...

...you are right!<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you FaultyPantomime. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

not this guy again...

i found what LZs should be marked with now since apparently smoke is a no-no

GoodGone3_animation.gif

flaming spam!

"i see the spam and i'm coming in!"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The_Pheonix @ May 21 2002,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just out of interest...who did make Red Hammer?<span id='postcolor'>

Code"masters"

Wait a minute! Isn't the tread starter the guy who was accused of deleting the OFPEC forums a few months ago?

I'll fix 'im!

spanking.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 21 2002,14:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wait a minute! Isn't the tread starter the guy who was accused of deleting the OFPEC forums a few months ago?

I'll fix 'im!<span id='postcolor'>

That's what I was thinking. Nothing but trouble this guy, eh?

i believe his claim was they deleted their own forums after he won some argument on their forum and blamed it on him biggrin.gif

Yes, like Keg said Codemasters...

If such guys were able to read what is written on the game`s box or hull, we had a lack of such stupid questions.

Avon: BTW is he really a webterrorist?!? wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 21 2002,15:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avon: BTW is he really a webterrorist?!?  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Reminds me of my favorite Kevin Siers comic:

geeks.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ May 21 2002,15:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn no Vikings<span id='postcolor'>

You can always convert.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ May 21 2002,15:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn no Vikings<span id='postcolor'>

Whatever makes you happy!

560870.jpg

OK sorry,

I just never saw smoke used as an LZ marker until after I used it, in an official sense of course...just wondering why they didn't use it in the first campaign..and the dialogue in one of the official missions looked surprisingly similar to mine..that's all....

I just think 'Red Hammer' is a very poor addition to OFP and that it really doesn't warrant a price tag..considering what some people have done with the editor (not myself included)

Yes I am Cumboy.....

This is one of my many aliases......I still enjoy editing, original work and value for money

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The_Pheonix @ May 21 2002,16:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just never saw smoke used as an LZ marker until after I used it, in an official sense of course...just wondering why they didn't use it in the first campaign..and the dialogue in one of the official missions looked surprisingly similar to mine..that's all....<span id='postcolor'>

Order in the court!

Plaintif, can you bring forth this evidence you so defiantly speak of?

I tought Red Hammer was better than 1985 (tough that was great too), with more complex missions than "go here, kill that". And psst: Lukin is SpetzNats, which might explain some of his super-human abilities tounge.gif

The mission "Rage" was unrealistic, but a LOT of fun.

The helo mission was fun too.

Remember, realism is a means, not an end.

And STFU about that smoke, that´s just childish.

Since you haven´t seen it anywhere else, then Codemasters MUST be masterminding some grand plot to steal YOUR ideas.

confused.gif

Well,

'5th Aviation' was published around August last year.....but never mind that.....

The only official (non-user created) mission to have 'LZs' was 'Airborne' in the official campaign...and it didn't feature the pre-mentioned concept....

Just making a comment, I'm not 100% sure.....then again I never did 100% say that it was a rip off anyway....