Sign in to follow this  
magixrima

arma 3 Full vehicle embarking animations?

arma 3 Full vehicle embarking animations?

Will we see this feature in the game or difficult to apply under the pretext of the large number of vehicles?

sory for my bad english.

Most likely not, but maybe a few animations for things like,

Opening hatches, HMMWV doors, sliding doors on Helos, improved animations for steering wheels, throttles.

Take advantage of PhysXâ„¢ supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.

Sounds to me like there's a chance we'll see an improvement in this department, remains to be seen of course.

Hope the "revamped animation system" gives us no more warping in/out of vehicles and actually reloading a gun, no putting your hand there, mag disappears, put hand back, and new mag appears :p

I would like to see a location specific type of system where say you have to be near the driver side of a vehicle to get into the driver side immediately. Other wise you have to get into a passenger seat and climb into the driver seat afterwards. I know we sorta already have that, especially in ACE, but it'd be one of those nice details to have in the vanilla game if possible.

Hi,

Yes, this would be a pretty nice feature indeed! :)

I see some problems when making this possible though, for a vehicle like a simple car, lets say you get in the driver seat, would be pretty much simple to achieve in comparison to getting in the gunner position for example.

To get in the gunner the unit would need to open door, get inside vehicle, travel inside the vehicle to gunner position etc, while much can happen at this point, such has the vehicle exploding or something like that.

Now even worst would be vehicles like a C-130, truck, etc, where units would need to travel inside the vehicle.

Would be brilliant if something like this would be implemented/possible to do, but i can only imagine how hard to achieve it.

_neo_

animations are just details, little details that makes the game more beatifull. I would like to see more animations too

reloading a mounted gun, fully animated

changing weapon magazine, fast reload throwing out the empty one (could be shift+R), normal reloading putting the empty one in the pouch, etc

open doors with a kick? uh too much :p

80033841.jpg

Indeed we will see full vehicle embarking animations in arma 3 After the release video of

for the gamescom 2011 Köln.

in TKoh, there are only about 4-5 vehicles if i am not mistaken. In A3, a lot more. If a feature is in Tkoh, doesn't mean will guarantee its presence in A3.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought the OP meant actual vehicle embarkation. As in driving a vehicle into the back of a C-130 or loading a tank onto a landing craft, that sort of thing. Ah well, I can dream right?

Hi,

Yes, this would be a pretty nice feature indeed! :)

I see some problems when making this possible though, for a vehicle like a simple car, lets say you get in the driver seat, would be pretty much simple to achieve in comparison to getting in the gunner position for example.

To get in the gunner the unit would need to open door, get inside vehicle, travel inside the vehicle to gunner position etc, while much can happen at this point, such has the vehicle exploding or something like that.

Now even worst would be vehicles like a C-130, truck, etc, where units would need to travel inside the vehicle.

Would be brilliant if something like this would be implemented/possible to do, but i can only imagine how hard to achieve it.

_neo_

But that's how it is in real life. You don't just poof into the gunner seat, you have to climb into the gunner seat. It would take more time to enter the gunner seat, just as in real life. As of right now you could hide behind the humvee and wait tell the enemy is close enough, then just poof into the gunner seat and cut them down. With it being fully animated you could not do this. I would like to see animations for entering the gunner seat. The main reason is because of the added realism and immersion.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

When I saw the title of this thread I thought the OP meant actual vehicle embarkation. As in driving a vehicle into the back of a C-130 or loading a tank onto a landing craft, that sort of thing. Ah well, I can dream right?

I would also like to see this...

I think they have already confirmed that you can load tanks onto transport vehicles. read this interview 4th question down

I think they have already confirmed that you can load tanks onto transport vehicles. read this interview 4th question down

How about the animation? It's really exciting to drive vehicles into a plane when still taxing on the runway. Just like one scene in Call of Duty Modern Warfare. 2:D

How about the animation? It's really exciting to drive vehicles into a plane when still taxing on the runway. Just like one scene in Call of Duty Modern Warfare. 2:D

Not exactly military doctrine, but it would be totally epic. Bonus points for getting into the plane just as it takes off over a cliff and all your enemies chasing you fall off :yay:

in TKoh, there are only about 4-5 vehicles if i am not mistaken. In A3, a lot more. If a feature is in Tkoh, doesn't mean will guarantee its presence in A3.

It would just be nice from a project management point of view if this was an expected part of the workflow, and a requirement for the polish this game needs to receive to be acceptable. Heck, set the standard, define the method, give the list of vehicles and out source it if required.

With the features this game already has one year away, every bit of reason they can erase for someone to overlook it will have a huge payoff. Slick interface, unbroken immersion, solid RPG features will be the Rolls Royce ornament on this milsim giant. They've refined the guts, physics, ai, animation handler, now make it shine!

Good on ya BIS, can't wait.

Edited by Scrub

are you talking about the hands on the steering wheel animation? cuz yes that does work right now you can check out the new gameplay video

to see it in action.

Heck, set the standard, define the method, give the list of vehicles and out source it if required.

obviously nothing against it (doubt the anims are mocaped btw). define the method, put it up in documentation as well :) some of us would love to make our own anims (especially if O2 is not enforced).

Edited by PuFu