Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

Remove the blinding sun in A3 please

Something that doesn't make a scene go from bright to dark and vice versa by turning your head 5 degrees down. Something that doesn't overcripple you most of the time, btw. Realism, yes, unreallistic difficulty, why?

The only improvement I can think of is to lessen the HDR impact from the sky. Or a smooth transition from screen based aperture to location based aperture in certain areas. Or a lower limit on the normalization in certain areas. Certain areas usually means green forested areas, where the aperture is allowed to open up too much resulting in a too bright forest. By overcast is another area that needs to be clamped - the aperture is too open at full overcast meaning there is little actual darkening of the scene in a full storm.

I've experimented in the past based on tables, but it didn't work out. The built in system did a far better job most of the time than I was able to achieve by manual labor :)

So I agree, it could be improved. But I find it hard to impossible to find solutions that doesn't affect lighting in a bad way in other areas.

But I want the blinding sun aspect. It's really not blinding (a monitor can never achieve that, even with bloom) as in real life, but it does reduce the contrast a bit. Which is key especially when combined with some blur to reduce what you see in the distance and/or while on the move.

Edit:

No, I can't imagine AI is blinded by the sun. They are blinded by distance though ;) So I don't think the AI aspect is all that important. Usually it's you attacking the AI. It's up to you to get the advantage of positioning - to increase your odds even if it doesn't lower the AI's odds. For AI considerations, it would have to be up to the mission maker. Wet asphalt on an uphill slope towards a low sun? Those are real world extreme difficulties that cannot even be remotely simulated. I'm sure we can endure the little we can get...

Edited by CarlGustaffa

The only thing I don't like about the sun flare is that it causes my AMD Card to go mental when HDR is turned up! The sun flare removal mods out there are a boon.

They should keep it though as it is a real world hazzard. There are things out there such as ACE's tactical glasses which can lessen the impact. My point is that the steps to lessen the effects of sun flare should only be taken with wearable equipment. Some mission makers specifically have missions where sun-flare is going to be a problem.

wouldn't then everyone be wearing those glasses? moot point

Everybody pretty much does. In the U.S. military at least, sunglasses are required in a combat area.

What about those little yellow type things/circle/glare that get created by your eye lashes when you squint?

What about those little yellow type things/circle/glare that get created by your eye lashes when you squint?

What, floaters?

Hi all

With regard to AstroMan's question and Laqueesha's reply LOL!

I mean like really LOL thanks guys!

You Brightened up my day.

Timing it is all down to timing.

Kind Regards walker

the sun glare needs improvement, it should not be so blinding, it' very excessive.
Depends extremely on user setting so this cant be a general statement..also when driving into the sun...damned...thats extremely blinding...blinding is in fact such a factor that it found its entrance into military doctrines...

If you want a real to life blinding tune down gamme a bit and disable post processing... = perfect lighting.