Sign in to follow this  
Panthro

Flight sim lite

I gotta say I really want a more detailed flight sim'ish set up for Arma3.

atm it's just too basic for something the likes of ArmA.:pet7:

at the very least there should be a basic start up for planes helis 5 step

process and the ability to set multiple way points.

plus for gods sake get rid of the damn auto rudder!!:sneaky2:

If flying took knowledge to do then people would have less trouble with wanna

be's jumping in air assets and wasting them.:shrug:

TOH is old news and one could argue that a MD500 is basically a MH6j but I prefer ArmA

but I'm not after focusing more on air assets just removing them from a blurry well used corner of the game in order to make it less BF2!

I also think vehicles need more resolution.

I want at least advanced flight physics from TOH

Still a functioning cockpit without just textures of screens slapped over it will be great

as in I think vehicles need to have more to them than just jump in and push forward to move. do this and you drive off before the engine even has had time to start, infact you'll be doing a 10k before the engine has finished turning over once!!

I agree with OP, many have flying as their main fun in Arma2, give them more to work with, even make it optionable if needed to suit the kidz.

A mix of TOH in Arma3 or ability to buy TOH and use those flight controls in Arma3, buisnizz opportunity for BIS(more cheddar) and a valid point to give sim lovers more simming in flying in Arma3 if they want to, id pay for the extra game to have its feel in another game..

I would also like to see realistic flight handling and controls. Like the video above my comment...

FSX is usually pretty stiff, but with the addon called 'ezca' (camera effects) it makes the game so alive, as seen in the vid above. BIS should have a look on that!

More vids here: http://www.simforums.com/Forums/the-videoexamples-of-ezca-work_topic33527.html

Dont know if its oftopic, but i sure do want all the axis working for track IR in cockpits!

Edited by johanna

Sorry guys but it wont happen, don't expect FSX or Lock On features in ArmA 3 that is not BI's main plans and I don't expect it to be either. I and others made many posts and threads just to bring back analogue throttle control for ArmA 2. I'm not sure if the annoying auto rudder is still there, last I tried it was and that was a fair while back.

To be honest I'd be happy with just the basics working right.

Edited by AUS_Twisted

If anything, infantry should still be on the top priority list. The vehicles aren't authentic to detail, but they function realistically in their roles. You could either have it as MS Flight Simulator realism with a lot of buttons to turn on the engine making it authentic, or you could just press a button to turn on the engine in IL-2 Sturmovik or ArmA II. I'd prefer IL-2 Sturmovik's system anyday. In ArmA II, i'm a pilot, I should know how to turn on a vehicle and pilot it.

Fligh dymamics as such were never the big troublemaker with the OFP-ArmA II series...sensors always is. What is needed in ArmA 3 is the removal of the all seeing automatic 360° tracking magical IFF radar. With Render to texture SIM liek target aquisition would be possible and air units would loose a good amount of the teeth they hold right now unreasonable in ArmA II.

The 360° magical RADAR has to be removed from ALL units of course. If BIS does this im back in this game and won't care much for the futire setting.

If they do not we wil just have the battle of the Future Ãœber-Mashines and that's in no way enjoyable, especially in terms of MP.

BIS is already implementing an advanced helicopter flight model in ToH, and they have stated that some features from ToH could be ported to other RV engine games.

I don't think they'll be implementing the whole startup sequence, inspection and upgrade aspects from ToH for the Arma3 helos, but at least the advanced flight model is in the cards, I think.

really that would be awesome!!

I dont expect a super complex start up that wouldnt make sense but a 5 step start up would.

It could be part of boot camp & be able to be turned off in server settings.

eg .

step 1 power/fuel on

step 2 APU startup

step 3 start engine or L then R engine

step 4 APU shutdown

step 5 avionics/hud etc. on

this is really overly simplified.

Edited by Andre

I'd also say remove the external compass etc, and have the cockpit fully interactive. Surely this is a simple task. ARMA 3 would have the potential to be the next best thing to the back in the day Falcon 4 mil-flight sim!

Also, better flight handling, and targeting systems.

Oh yea!! and the ability to call in air support and reinforcements!

AI wingman too :) why not? we already have grunt AI...

Come on, BIS... yu cain du iiitte!!

Edited by coder4crack