Sign in to follow this  
-BAC-honzikpen

Any planes or jets?

I wouldn't accuse Arma 3's devs of not "putting in enough effort". As Rocket pointed out, there's way more VBS devs:

I saw a couple of VBS video's yesterday and what I saw was ArmA, same maps, same units, same everything. Only there were a bunch of extra features that ArmA does not have like jumping out of a C130. Why Can't BIS add those things to ArmA if both sims are basically the same?

I saw a couple of VBS video's yesterday and what I saw was ArmA, same maps, same units, same everything. Only there were a bunch of extra features that ArmA does not have like jumping out of a C130. Why Can't BIS add those things to ArmA if both sims are basically the same?
That very quote that I cited basically said "no, no they're not," and both Rocket and Dslyecxi have elaborated on that in other posts of theirs as well. (Hint: One of those posts was Dslyecxi pointing out that all of the games came out before the sims, and all with different dev teams at that, with the games made by one company and the sims made by another company.)

I'll also add that, at least back before the VBS 2.0 porting (of VBS2 to the Real Virtuality 3 engine that Arma 2 uses), the BISim VBS2 content page had separate, specific categories for Arma 1 content as opposed to the VBS2-specific content, a difference which is shown in this PDF about VBS2 v1.22.

(Incidentally, VBS2 2.x only recently got weapon switching on the move, though curiously enough NouberNou said that it doesn't have weapon resting.)

Edited by Chortles

Well,guys ... i personally want to see F22 VS Su37 ... but a model means nothing ! each plane needs something that will make it special and justifies its use ! and yes,i am talking about the way it flies,and it's targetting system and maybe also its behaviour against radars !

Well,guys ... i personally want to see F22 VS Su37 ... but a model means nothing ! each plane needs something that will make it special and justifies its use ! and yes,i am talking about the way it flies,and it's targetting system and maybe also its behaviour against radars !

Well since we saw an F-35B model and not an F-22, you're not going to see the F-22. I also have doubts against the Su-37.

Beyond that they won't have the targetting systems or radars anyways and you know that.

i totally agree. a model does not mean much. it has to have that special something. gameplay depth and the little details, that make it immersive!

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Beyond that they won't have the targetting systems [...] and you know that.

guys, don't listen. vote here.

guys, don't listen. vote here

You can have a positive attitude about the situation all you want, but people have been asking for this stuff since the OFP era.

It's not happening.

well it did not happen yet, because the devs did not think it was important enough. arma 3 is going to be much more polished and the team is bigger than ever before. if you extrapolate the quality from beta to release it would just be a bit laughable to have aircraft fcs that poor. it would just stick out to much as total lack of game deisgn, visual quality and the whole authentity aspect. perhaps we might not get, what i suggest in the ticket, but some improvement is a reasonable expectation.

I would Arma 3 would feature at least a few six generation fighters to go along with the modern/ futuristic parts of the game.

Here's my prediction:

L-159 Alca - Greenfor

F-35 - BluFor

??? - RedFor

greenfor may get a eurofighter.

but i agree that a L-159 equvilint will be ingame

I wonder if there will be a futuristic version of the A-10... :o

Here's my prediction:

L-159 Alca - Greenfor

F-35 - BluFor

??? - RedFor

PAK FA?

320px-Sukhoi_T-50_Beltyukov.jpg

I wonder if there will be a futuristic version of the A-10... :o

yep, its called the A10, maybe with a avionics upgrade. for its role the current platform is perfect.

isn't that basiclly a MIG, that has part problems and issues with russian manufacture?

Hey guys found this Panavia Tornado GR4 [iTS WORK IN PROGRESS] on youtube with a download link:

I am telling you, the PAK FA is the perfect choice for OPFOR!

@nimrod123 It has its problems,yeah.But its more stable than the F-35's.

:D

I am telling you, the PAK FA is the perfect choice for OPFOR!

@nimrod123 It has its problems,yeah.But its more stable than the F-35's.

:D

anything is more stable and efficent as a CAS plane then a gimmicked stealth figther.

the F-35 is a demonstrator of the fuck-up (their is no other way to put it) that is the US armed forces procurement strategy. its the best example in the last 20 years i have seen of a weapons platform for the sake of "cool" and reputation.

Since we already have a version of the RAH-66 Comanche, I think BI should steal (politely ask for permission to use) Tom Clancy's XA-20 Razorback design. This baby had me at "Airstrike Target Alpha" if you catch the reference.

One thing I really REALLY hope to see is a futuristic version of the MV-22. I love that aircraft in Arma 2 (matter of fact I have one on the DayZ Overwatch server I play on) and I love what they did with the Ghost Hawk and Blackfoot; can't wait to see what they do for VTOL transports like the Osprey. I really hope they include the deployable Interim DWS minigun on the bottom.

---------- Post added at 05:46 ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 ----------

/Can'tpostimagesorvideosinfirstpost

XA-20 Razorback

EWconcept_hi_res_JSF1.jpg

Hawxrazorback.jpg

MV-22 Interim DWS

Currently anyone has news if will be released some new aircraft for NATO\ CSAT factions? Give only one aircraft to independents and no plane to the other factions would seem absurd by the BIS! It would not be nice after a long wait to have a game with less content of the same ArmA II !:(