Sign in to follow this  
bluedrake42

Advanced Combat Radio Environment

No, BIS needs to improve the quality of the existing VOIP and leave it be. Acre is much too complex for people to use.

arma is a military sim.. radios play a big part.. is a radio so hard to use ? pretty basic to me, select your channel and transmit...

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

ACRE should stay as an optional separate mod.

It's very unstable and I certainly don't want to restart my TeamSpeak three times a match without any choice.

having it as a separate mod makes it complex in terms of installation and compatibility..

it is only unstable for this very reason.. too many variables, TS3 updating, CBA version, jlib version. If it were to be implemented in the game you wouldnt have to deal with it..

No, BIS needs to improve the quality of the existing VOIP and leave it be. Acre is much too complex for people to use.

The BIS VON quality seems pretty good to me... only ppl with dial-up or cheap mics are a problem... or they don't hit the Auto setup in the VON panel.

We need the game to evolve and try new ideas...

remember the VON quality can be adjusted in the server config. Its at the discretion of the server administrator...

ACRE is not meant to be VON. It never will be. It is meant to be a radio simulation. If BIS improves VON that is a good thing, but it really has no bearing on ACRE, because ACRE provides way more features than VON does and is meant to be used as an additional part of the game play.

ACRE is not meant to be VON. It never will be. It is meant to be a radio simulation. If BIS improves VON that is a good thing, but it really has no bearing on ACRE, because ACRE provides way more features than VON does and is meant to be used as an additional part of the game play.

too hard to add additional features to VON is it ? I said before it sould be toggable on/off to make everyone happy ? you do not agree ? If not explain why it cannot be toggable.

edit: i just re-read your post... ACRE is all about Voice over net.. just realized what you meant..

Edited by OB1

I wouldn't mind having ACRE as an option; but I would loath to see it forced upon us as mandatory.

I wouldn't mind having ACRE as an option; but I would loath to see it forced upon us as mandatory.

+1

I wonder if theres been any communication between the acre team and bis... :rolleyes:

Hmmm,

ACRE or not isn't the Question i guess. The Question is will we have an

I/O that replaces JayArmA2Lib. Jay's work is (imo) one of the most remarkable

addons since ArmA2 was released. But it's always up to him as Community-

member to rip apart the current Build of ArmA, and all the Calculations have

to be done in sqf. An I/O like Jays supportet by the Core-Engine itself would

change the base of Modders possibilities dramatically.

Just imagine how many of the Ultra-Loyal Hardcore Communities are somehow

roleplay-orientated. Currently its more like an endless developing of workarounds

to connect the Gameworld to the Community'sn world. An I/O

could change that dramatically.

(ArmA3->MySQL->ArmA3), (ArmA3 -> TS3/Mumble), ....

In terms of Missions: For now we have a Huge world, but every Mission in

it is tied to the "Timefactor". Designers are forced to Plan their missions in

a way, that makes it possible to finish them within one evening.

Having an I/O means crashsave missions, that store Informations outside.

This would offer the ability to play Capaign-like - more open ended missions,

not just short frames inside a "imagenary Campaign".

naive wish, i know ... but: Hope dies last.

sincerly

fREAK

I don't think they will extra features in this game to allow it to connect to 3rd party voice programs. The current in game VON is very good and it just needs to evolve.. Maybe add terrain masking for the "die hards", which should not be that hard to do.. But the best thing they could do is to just add selectable channels/frequencies...

adding Free-space path loss and Friis Equation probably best left to MODs like ACRE...or VBS... :)

Edited by gonk

at least as a minimum please add Radio Channels in the current VON system... Group/Vehicle/Direct are great... but if you want to split your group into Two, channels would be very handy.

I would love for a feature like this, at the moment VON fairly limited. The ability to have custom VON groups would be awesome.

+1

I wonder if theres been any communication between the acre team and bis... :rolleyes:

There hasn't been. :)

I'd like to see ACRE in ArmA3 as it is now, that means with all the Features the

Team did so far and already planned for the Future. They already put so much Brainwork

Researches and Time into that Project, that i belive it should stay in their Hands.

But coreEngine just should support Addons like that, without pushing enthusiastic

and genious Communitymembers to the Borders of legality.

So: Basic I/O for the win :yay:

greets

fREAk

ACRE is awesome, but I unfortunately can't use it since for some unknown reason ArmA2 and TS3 lock my PC up consistently. No error messages, no warnings - just a hard lockup. No log files or messages anywhere. Either program can run just fine on it's own without any problems. Together, they kill my PC. I have no idea why and it really pisses me off. So unless ACRE is able to use ArmA one one PC and TS3 on another I'm out of luck. :(

agreed...let the modders take care of this. I don't want to have to read a 50 page manual and/or spend 10+ minutes just to use a freakin radio.

ACRE is awesome, but I unfortunately can't use it since for some unknown reason ArmA2 and TS3 lock my PC up consistently. No error messages, no warnings - just a hard lockup. No log files or messages anywhere. Either program can run just fine on it's own without any problems. Together, they kill my PC. I have no idea why and it really pisses me off. So unless ACRE is able to use ArmA one one PC and TS3 on another I'm out of luck. :(

I had something similar following a TS3 update and for every version thereafter. Two fixes I found were upgrade the OS (at the time I was using XP x64) or disable the onboard sound card and add a PCI audio card instead so most likely it was a driver issue.

I had something similar following a TS3 update and for every version thereafter. Two fixes I found were upgrade the OS (at the time I was using XP x64) or disable the onboard sound card and add a PCI audio card instead so most likely it was a driver issue.

This is why we need a system adopted by bis to make it more install/user friendly.

I have allot of experience hosting ACRE cooperative game nights in my community.. It is a nightmare, I literally spend hours before hand providing technical support for members that are less technical minded to setup and get ACRE working... and then you get steam users and it is slightly different again... At the moment ACRE for large scale use is a show stopper, and this is why it is not used across the arma community on a large scale...

We're Hosting TvT sessions also every saturday Night - with ACRE of course.

And like OB1 it's me helping those who are less experianced in technical manners

around ArmA. Thats why i 100% agree with OB1. It's a nightmare and sometimes

i'm totally done before we even start up our FighNight.

The reason for that is: Three components have to match if you wanna play

with ACRE. The ArmA2OA.exe -> JayArmA2lib -> TS3client.exe.

ArmA-Patch means -> wait for a new JayArmaLib,

TS3 Update means: -> don't Update TS until a new acre(64).dll is released.

I sometimes had concerns whats happening, if Jay is on a 3 Weeks vacation,

and on the second Day ArmA gets patched ... *ARGHH* ... wait until he returns

and play without ACRE until he's back, and ripping off the .exe. or dont Patch ArmA.

Don't have to mention the Steam thing ...

Now guess why i'm crying for a basic I/O in the core engine ... it's one component less

to care for.

The last 2 years i spent more Time into technical support than in playing ...

cause everything in that Gameworld seem to be Beta. Once one Part in the

Chain reached a Stable, another part is Changing its version and the Stable

goes more or less Beta again .... thats endless until we'll get ArmA3 or 4 ...

Than it starts again from the Scratch ... *sigh*

My prediction: Relase annoce: 2012, release date 2013, ACE and ACRE Stable

2014, release anounce ArmA4 2015 ... aso.

Indeed i love ArmA ... but the more sensitive among us will read a kind of

frustration between my lines ... and hopefully understand it.

Neverless, i'm a positive person and my Hope dies last. :o

cheers

fREAk

We're Hosting TvT sessions also every saturday Night - with ACRE of course.

And like OB1 it's me helping those who are less experianced in technical manners

around ArmA. Thats why i 100% agree with OB1. It's a nightmare and sometimes

i'm totally done before we even start up our FighNight.

The reason for that is: Three components have to match if you wanna play

with ACRE. The ArmA2OA.exe -> JayArmA2lib -> TS3client.exe.

ArmA-Patch means -> wait for a new JayArmaLib,

TS3 Update means: -> don't Update TS until a new acre(64).dll is released.

I sometimes had concerns whats happening, if Jay is on a 3 Weeks vacation,

and on the second Day ArmA gets patched ... *ARGHH* ... wait until he returns

and play without ACRE until he's back, and ripping off the .exe. or dont Patch ArmA.

Don't have to mention the Steam thing ...

Now guess why i'm crying for a basic I/O in the core engine ... it's one component less

to care for.

The last 2 years i spent more Time into technical support than in playing ...

cause everything in that Gameworld seem to be Beta. Once one Part in the

Chain reached a Stable, another part is Changing its version and the Stable

goes more or less Beta again .... thats endless until we'll get ArmA3 or 4 ...

Than it starts again from the Scratch ... *sigh*

My prediction: Relase annoce: 2012, release date 2013, ACE and ACRE Stable

2014, release anounce ArmA4 2015 ... aso.

Indeed i love ArmA ... but the more sensitive among us will read a kind of

frustration between my lines ... and hopefully understand it.

Neverless, i'm a positive person and my Hope dies last. :o

cheers

fREAk

Thank you, you said exactly what I wanted to say I just couldn't be bothered writing that much hehe..

Acre brings so much immersion and enhances the game that I cant understand why people would not want such a thing, unless your someone that doesn't care much for cooperative games..

So yes allot of people want this but there are some major draw backs as we mentions previously... BIS needs to adopt this..

I'm sure ACE, ACRE, Sound Mod's, Weapon Mod's damn near every great mod will be made for ArmA3.

I don't think so. BIS will improve the game but why should they invest money in something that community proved to be able to create.

If you want to add and develop ACE and ACRE this would take a lott of time and money.

So I am not sure they will add it, it would be really awesome if they did.

It's pathetic to see people who are going to play a simulator that ask for not implementing realistic gadgtets like radios...

They tink arma it's simply a game and not a sim...

I've never seen someone in Falcon 4.0 asking for infinite ammo,or i don't want to spend my time reading a manual...

Good times are over,Now all have console gameplay in mind,also who play arma...

I agree. ACRE has never, and never will, take a standpoint on its development that does not focus on realism.

ArmA2 is not a shooter, its an infantry simulator. If you want to play something more relaxed, play vanilla. If you want something challenging and interesting then use ACRE and ACE.

Edited by Andre

Also... I'm not sure if you've seen this (I'm sure you have) but if a system like this worked inside ArmA 3 my mind would be blown.

lSH2-NJbI3Q

SHIT SOMEONE CALL THE CAREPOLICE!!!!

Seriously now, who the hell cares about this stuff, it has limited usage in specific gaming-groups (wouldnt call em clans since they dont play matches). Bother post something usefull, thx

Edited by Franze

Instead of rely on community to release add-ons, why not make like VBS2 and implement The Comm Net Radio Simulator (CNR-Sim) ?

See VBS2 CNR-Sim feature there: http://www.bisimulations.com/products/cnr-sim-pro

Because radio comms simulation is a must in serious games now.

Because for the most part ACRE is hands down better than CNR. ;)

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Seriously now, who the hell cares about this stuff

Most of the community? Leave now trollok.

Seriously now, who the hell cares about this stuff

I care and so do allot of others, in my group ~70-80% care..

you might want to think twice before conveying your opinion with a bad attitude. If you were more diplomatic and actually add reason to your post we might listen.

For now, go suck a lemon...