Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Addamo's c-130 - getting there

I have to say that I'm the best C-130 pilot in the entire community and so far no one can surpass my handling of the plane :) ok ok I do have an advantage :)

now a few comments and questions:

1. the props are now working for directx and T&l HW

2. I have done some new work onthe cochpit but not a lot. it looks better then it used to. I have not added any intruments to the dash. If I add them it will take longer to release because im need to do some more work on the external skins.

3. I think I will wait for the Binarized tool to be released before I release the C130. This is because it makes things more compatible and much easier to work. I think it will work much better in RESISTANCE addon if you get the c130 that has been Binarized. ( I hate re-releasing anything)

4. the planes weight needs to be adjusted to be able to make sharper turns.

5. the lower polygons (LOD's) need to be created.

6. if i do more work on the cockpit it will take more time to release should I do this?

Other then this.. its running very well and is very playable at this time. Also I added custom engine sounds. If anyone has a c130 multi engine sound pls put the url here.. i will compare it and if its better I will add it instead of what I have.

-Capt Moore

now this is a perfect example of pre-releasing things in beta version. You would get all the feedback you need instead of asking questions on forums. Its hard to give feedback on pictures and text wink.gif

when you are in 3rd person view, are you able to see all of the plane?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ June 06 2002,21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have to say that I'm the best C-130 pilot in the entire community and so far no one can surpass my handling of the plane smile.gif  ok ok I do have an advantage smile.gif

now a few comments and questions:

1. the props are now working for directx and T&l HW

2. I have done some new work onthe cochpit but not a lot. it looks better then it used to.  I have not added any intruments to the dash.  If I add them it will take longer to release because im need to do some more work on the external skins.

3. I think I will wait for the Binarized tool to be released before I release the C130. This is because it makes things more compatible and much easier to work.  I think it will work much better in RESISTANCE addon if you get the c130 that has been Binarized. ( I hate re-releasing anything)

4. the planes weight needs to be adjusted to be able to make sharper turns.

5. the lower polygons (LOD's) need to be created.

6. if i do more work on the cockpit it will take more time to release should I do this?

Other then this.. its running very well and is very playable at this time.  Also I added custom engine sounds.  If anyone has a c130 multi engine sound pls put the url here.. i will compare it and if its better I will add it instead of what I have.

-Capt Moore<span id='postcolor'>

The cockpit is not a big deal. Honestly I would prefer that you release a data and then put out new versions as you improve it. I almost guarantee you that there will always be stuff to improve no matter how complete you think it is. The main thing is that the textures on both the inside and outside. Once that's fixed, as long as it runs on 1.46 there shouldn't be a problem. As for the binarized tool, when will that be released? Other tools besides Oxygen may not be released for months after Resistance is released. sad.gif

It's your choice, however I think most of us would like to see a beta C130 released so at least we got something to make mission with until the finished version is released.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

you should do open beta it will give you all the feedback and bug reports you can handle.

i love flying in OF its so much fun, i just wish the flight models were acurate on all craft. i would love to be able to test my skills online but i only have a 56k modem and as you all know 56k modems suck fo games. dont even bother harasing me about getting better because right now msn is charging for this area 80 bucks a month and thats way more than i could ever afford

just release it and have it clearly marked BETA! or something like that. That way we will all understand that its not finished and not perfect. Then you'll get all the feedback you will ever need on it. Once you've gotten all the feedback, and spent alot more time on it, thats when you release it as FINAL.

Oke this Addon gose to the Are they released or not? or would they be released!

Beceuse its now almostly 2 monts that we have heard zome news and see INGAME screen shots now please Adaamo can you put out new news? or Screens beceuse we want to here ive its done or the Status of it show some screens were are waiting on it!

Thanks for listnig

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hercules-200 @ June 23 2002,17:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oke this Addon gose to the Are they released or not? or would they be released!

Beceuse its now almostly 2 monts that we have heard zome news and see INGAME screen shots now please Adaamo can you put out new news? or Screens beceuse we want to here ive its done or the Status of it show some screens were are waiting on it!

Thanks for listnig<span id='postcolor'>

I like his accent. tounge.gif

I can never figure out what that guy is talking about. Which is probably the same for alot of people since his replies are never answered. How does he manage to type with an accent? I've talked to many people who talk in broken english and accents but they can still type normally. Is he like 5 or something?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paladin @ June 23 2002,19:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can never figure out what that guy is talking about.  Which is probably the same for alot of people since his replies are never answered.  How does he manage to type with an accent?  I've talked to many people who talk in broken english and accents but they can still type normally.  Is he like 5 or something?<span id='postcolor'>

nah he said to me he is 10. smile.gif

1 Warning for Scorpion Beceuse i he lie!

And one MOD CLOSE THIS TOPPIC beceuse Addammo DONT post any more news off pics!

ZO CLOSE mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hercules-200 @ June 23 2002,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1 Warning for Scorpion Beceuse i he lie!

ZO CLOSE mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

THAT is no good reason to close topic! Addamo decides when he gives us news or not mad.gif

Do you think your an Mod by giving warnings? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hercules-200 @ June 23 2002,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1 Warning for Scorpion Beceuse i he lie!

First of all my name is Scorpio, and what do you mean by "i he lie" ?

and why close the topic, Adammo is working his ass off for you, and he doesnt have to post pics if he doesnt want to, this a good topic, and we dont need guys like you orderind mods to close a good topic.

do you listen to me you mythomaniac buffon ? do you ?

ok here we are

in your first posts , you said some contradictory things ... in the army ... at 10 etc etc

Your first post was a fake

so i would advise you to shut the fuck up and to don't make anymore wise statements like precedent post

edit : i'm sorry if i've been a little rude but i'm fed up of all the fakes , models stolers , mythomaniacs and wanabe "wisemen" that are in fact little frustrated teenagers

AND TYPE IN ENGLISH

do you think you are in good position to ask to close a topic confused.gif?confused.gif??

sorry everybody for my rudeness but all that starts to really piss me up

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ June 23 2002,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sorry everybody for my rudeness but all that starts to really piss me up<span id='postcolor'>

i dont blame you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 23 2002,20:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ June 23 2002,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sorry everybody for my rudeness but all that starts to really piss me up<span id='postcolor'>

i dont blame you.<span id='postcolor'>

Ran, it is normal to be pissed off by that guy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 23 2002,20:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 23 2002,20wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ June 23 2002,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sorry everybody for my rudeness but all that starts to really piss me up<span id='postcolor'>

i dont blame you.<span id='postcolor'>

Ran, it is normal to be pissed off by that guy.<span id='postcolor'>

i couldnt agree with you more. biggrin.gif

~~Sigh~~ Will I ever look at this topic, and see you people raving about the release and flyability of this plane? - "This is such a cool plane! I love flying it! It was so worth the wait!" When this topic is left alone for a while, and then starts up again, WHAT is actually posted to make all these new replies appear, even though the aircraft is not even released? Is this a set-up tease for the impatient?  confused.gif  No offence or backchat intended by any means, I'm just curious - and impatient  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nah he said to me he is 10. <span id='postcolor'>

Now why is herc playing war games at his age?  Isn't it past your bed time herc? Geez hope he doesn't wet his diaper.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paladin @ June 23 2002,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nah he said to me he is 10. <span id='postcolor'>

Now why is herc playing war games at his age?  Isn't it past your bed time herc?  Geez hope he doesn't wet his diaper.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, Good point you got there biggrin.gif

Please keep it civil, folks.

If someone's English is not up to Oxford standards and you don't understand something, ask for clarification and don't mock him or her.

Personal attacks on anyone for any reason will not be tolerated, under NO circumstances.

If Adammo wants to release new pics, then he is going to do so - in a new thread.

Closing smile.gif