Sign in to follow this  
killswitchsmf

satchel charges

I'm new to Arma2 and my question is how do you detonate a sachel charge?

I cycle through my weapons till satchel charge comes up hit enter then what?

Can somebody help?

Scroll the mouse wheel to find the action.

The relevant buttons in Controls are Next and Previous.

I press the mouse wheel to bring up the command 'Put satchel charge' and then click left mouse button-

sat1.jpg

The guy kneels to place it-

sat2.jpg

Move him outta there or he'll stay kneeling forever, that's it on the floor..

sat3.jpg

At a safe distance press the wheel again to bring up 'Touch off 1 bomb' and press left MB-

sat4.jpg

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Also you can put 30 sec. Timer on your satchel charge, simply by crouching on the top of your satchel charge, scroll the mouse then click on the "put timer 30 second"

What's the range for detonation? I just did a mission where I placed satchels at my objectives all over the map hoping to set them off at one time, but found out I was out of range and had to run back near each one and set them off one at a time ...

What's the range for detonation? I just did a mission where I placed satchels at my objectives all over the map hoping to set them off at one time, but found out I was out of range and had to run back near each one and set them off one at a time ...

I believe it's ~100meters; but I'm not 100% positive

I think it's 800 meters. This was tested in an OA mission where you sneak in to blow up tanks at a base. I wanted to get away as far as possible before detonating to have time to escape and the connections started dropping off past 800.

Easy to test for certain. Just setup a unit in the editor, set a bomb, Shift-Click a waypoint, run away and see how far you still have a connection in your action menu

Also you can put 30 sec. Timer on your satchel charge, simply by crouching on the top of your satchel charge, scroll the mouse then click on the "put timer 30 second"

I know this thread is a bit old but in addition to setting the timer to 30 second you can repeat the process to add 30 second increments to the timer. So you can set a satchel charge to detonate in say 5 minutes for example to give yourself time to exit the area safely if you are trying to be covert.

ability to enter desired timeout DIRECTLY[without boring/redundant cycling of 30sec delays] could be nice change/improvement, btw.

I'm pretty sure that changing the timer on a satchel charge would be a pretty easy thing to mod into the game if you'd like to. Maybe I'll try to do that ... doesn't seem like it would be too hard.

I have this problem. I set off three satchels but the "safety off #1 -3 etc" options are still there. Anyone know how to get rid of these messages as it gets in the way of the other options as I have scroll past those 1st.